• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

He's just not got that arrogance that Mané has. He's playing within himself and it's frustrating to watch. No excuse for those pathetic corners, but I think he needs a run of games to rebuild some confidence.

Ripe Banana

Disappointing, not direct enough. Salah on the ball or off the ball aggressively attacks your box from the wings. Pepe does non of that, he'll never get us goals with his current style of play. Too timid.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People saying he needs a run of games. Completely wrong. When he gets a full game in the cup (like he did against Leciester) and he gets 25 mins or so in the league in that time he has to explode. Dani did when he came on. Pepe did 0. Had 2 corners possibly a chance to grab something and he couldnt beat the first man. Basically passed it to him. Hes a player who knows he hasnt got what it takes in this league or Arsenal and is clearly disillusioned with life at the club.

The best for all parties would be to loan him somewhere but that wont happen because of his price tag and basically saying Emery was right all along when he said he didnt want Pepe and he wanted Zaha. For sure Zaha makes an impact here.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm disappointed he hasn't been an instant hit. Time is running out but I think if the stars align he could be amazing. Don't know what it is holding him back and not going to make excuses but not going to ridicule either

Think he'd be better in 433/4231

Would love if we gave him a go upfront as well

Moah

The corner thing isn't his fault entirely, we've been trying this weird corner routine this season and it hasn't worked at all. You can see the players gathering at near post every game.

If you think he can't cross a ball properly then you have never watched him. Give him a run of games and see how he does or let him go and have the career he deserves.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He’s not getting service I’m reading it as.

Hopefully the lad’s never on corners again, was getting flashbacks to that year Theo decided he’d take them. :lol:
I thought he had no references :lol:

He is an actual enigma though, sometimes you can see why he is considered a talent and others you just think, what did we pay for.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Those corners were terrible and he wasn’t doing that last season, maybe it’s a silly routine?

This guy just isn’t going to work it feels like. I was quite excited with the progress he was making towards the end of last season but to see him reduced to 15 min cameos for a 30+ year old Willian who offers not much more is a bit gutting.

Not sure where he goes from here.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The corner thing isn't his fault entirely, we've been trying this weird corner routine this season and it hasn't worked at all. You can see the players gathering at near post every game.

If you think he can't cross a ball properly then you have never watched him. Give him a run of games and see how he does or let him go and have the career he deserves.
Yh it’s obviously a corner routine. We’ve been doing it ever since Arteta arrived.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We should loan him back to Lille then he can tear that farmers league apart and Napoli can go for him again.

blaze_of_glory

Extremely disappointing. Pepe will occasionally do something brilliant but he struggles to do the most basic stuff. Never seen a player trip over himself more than this guy.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Those corners were terrible and he wasn’t doing that last season, maybe it’s a silly routine?

This guy just isn’t going to work it feels like. I was quite excited with the progress he was making towards the end of last season but to see him reduced to 15 min cameos for a 30+ year old Willian who offers not much more is a bit gutting.

Not sure where he goes from here.
Think Auoar and Partey are needed more than ever. We need to return to a formation that gets the best out of our attackers rather than secure our defence.

343 in the long run does not work, as Evra mentioned before, you need a really solid team to get the best out of this formation. Right now, we prioritise defence than trying to maximise attack and our attackers are suffering because of it.

Even then, Pepe just seems like a shell atm. Someone to just bring on against tired defence.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

His positioning is quite weird too. I’ve noticed he’s always facing our goal when receiving the ball and squaring it back to our RB rather than running at the opposition fullback or playing on the shoulder.

Saka plays like the 25 year old and Pepe is the raw 19 year old talent with no confidence.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He's playing too timid.. There was a situation where he was set up 1 v 1 against Van Dijk, but he hesitated until he was surrounded by 3-4 more Liverpool players.. Should have aggressively made a move, doesn't matter if be failed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He never runs at players. And the reason he doesnt is because he never seems to have control of the ball when running at pace. I mean all out pace.

Hes always cutting in. Slowing it down. You have him one v one against any defender in the league and he goes to run stops looks inside and then maybe tries a step over or drop of the shoulder. It's weird. Hes so limited as a player by what I see in an Arsenal shirt. Saka runs direct which is what is needed in a counter attacking system. Nelson runs straight. William runs straight. He doesnt. Imagine Zaha there one v one against any of them defenders. He knocks the ball 10 yards and says see you later.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
We were robbed. Just useless.
The only thing that makes me less sad is that we sold Iwobi for 35m. So, essentially we pay around 35m + Iwobi for Pepe. Hopefully, he will find his form and score some goals for us soon, and we would be able to sell him to some other club. Looking at Richarlison makes me very sad because we coul have had him on Arsenal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom