<

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by tap-in, Aug 2, 2020.

?

How many goals in all competitions?

1. <10

57 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. <15

73 vote(s)
    44.2%
  3. <20

21 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. 20+

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. wolfkidultman

wolfkidultman Active Member

He doesn’t need to justify the price tag at all. He didn’t decide that. He needs to prove that he can deliver for the team and the stats show that he does.

2. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Balls in his court and he’s capable.

Geofranco likes this.
  3. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Saka is a world class talent, there's nothing there for Pepe or anyone else. It doesn't matter if he is 19, RW is his now and that will stay like that for many years. Pepe can only look to rotate with him and try to get another position where he will play more often or would even be a strarter

4. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Or he can start on the left like he did yesterday? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  5. Ibadan

Ibadan Thread Bump Police

I keep saying we need him in central areas, I'd love to see what happened if we gave him complete license to roam around and find dangerous pockets.

Mrs Bergkamp and berric like this.
  6. gunner4lyfe

I agree. He's playing too wide most times. He makes good runs off the ball so being more central would yield more results

Red London and CaseUteinberger like this.
  7. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

This is a nice idea but I think he'd get lost having complete licence to roam. I think he'd run and run aimlessly and burn out. What I like better is the interchanging of positions amongst the front 3.

Ibadan likes this.
  8. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Play him lw or cf, he needs to run at goal and shoot rather than the tricks. If you watch his goal the other night then it is clear.

9. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I'm thinking on the left works better for him. It could be to do with Bellerin, not sure. All I know is he looks better on the left and doesn't find himself as stranded as he does on the right.

10. Ibadan

Ibadan Thread Bump Police

Hopefully we capitalise on Laca's good form and get a good fee in the summer. It'd be great if Arteta transformed Pepe into a decent CF - it seems like the kind of thing Wenger did all the time whenever our CF was poached.

I'm getting the unfortunate feeling Pepe will be squeezed out with Ødegaard's signing. Saka has RW locked down right now. When Auba is available, he will almost certainly play LW. ESR & Ødegaard will rotate the 10.

Going forward beyond next season I'd love to see Pepe up front. It's the dream but I doubt it'll happen with bad vibes mik, aka The PE Teacher, aka Interview Interrupter. aka Tapas Pulis

@BigPoppaPump @Trilly did I miss any mikel slurs?

11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

I think there's room for him on the left if we eventually play 433. He'll compete with Auba and Martinelli unless one of them moves to CF. On the right, there's Saka. CF seems best for him but he's so inconsistent atm, that I'd be wary of relying too much on him over a season

Ibadan likes this.
  12. gunner4lyfe

Why didn't Willian make the run? He would have set himself up to get through clear on goal.

13. Macho

Macho Has Trust Issues With Processes Trusted

The thread title is absolutely crap though, especially as there's so many funny ones on the forum lately.

Can mods or someone assist? The Pepe hive deserves better.

14. Trilly

Trilly Full-Time Respecter Of Women Trusted

Unfortunately Mikel is winning games so the slander is on hold. If he beats United convincingly I might allow him for the rest of the season uno.

Pepe has all the attributes to be a nice CF but it rarely works like that in real life. Maybe if we played a false 9 type system but only Pep is brave enough to do that.

Ibadan likes this.
  15. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Pepe just needs the confidence to play to the best of his abilities. If he does that he could be our best player. None of our players can create space and chances for themselves as easily as he can it’s a mental thing with him.

16. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

The 19 year old took the position from Willian, not Pepe. Pepe is starting to show consistent mature displays and it would be unfair for him to be dropped.

17. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

He deserves a start vs United but so does Aubameyang if he’s available. I just wish he could get a run of starts in the team, he’s not the type of player to flourish with limited opportunities.

Trilly and AberGooner like this.
  18. Gooner416

Gooner416 Master of Stonks Trusted

I want him to start on the left tomorrow, let Auba take his time to be worked back in.

Red London and Atlas like this.
  19. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

I agree with this Auba is established and can slot in easily while Pepe needs a run of games to establish himself. I want to see him on the left drifting in like the did in the last game the front 3 seems more balanced with Pepe and Saka in the wide positions.

Gooner416 likes this.
  20. Legend14

Legend14 Well-Known Member

Bottom line , if Pepe gains confidence and takes what is given, we have a very, very good front line with options.

Things are looking up. Baggage is heading out. Quality is inbound. Players are looking happier. In think we are just a few players away from top 4 consistency.