• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's a squad game. We shouldn't be talking about dropping all the time.

Pepe has improved significantly in the last couple of games but it is premature to call him a great player, especially when so many on this site think our standout goalscorer for several seasons is useless.

I hope he will become a great player, with us. Needs to add more goals but hopefully it's coming.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I'm glad he's improved but I wish he could use his right foot. He had a chance yesterday where a decent right foot shot would have scored, but he had to switch to his left, making it more difficult, and not getting it on target. A professional footballer shouldn't be completely incapable of shooting with his weaker foot
Agreed. With the chance you`re refering to Shaw basically gave him all the space Pepe could have asked for on the outside, because he knows he always will use his left.

GunnerShy

Bright display building on his last 3 games. Slow learner it seems, but it's to our massive benefit that he continues to put the pieces together.

Was a block (Maguire) and a foot (late low curler) away from a world class display.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its last season all over again. We started giving him regular minutes, then he started performing culminating in excellent performances in the semi final and final.

Then we dropped him for Willian....

Pepe will be dropped as soon as Saka and Auba are back.

UNLESS he makes himself undroppable. He has two games to do that. He basically needs to win us both games and be motm twice. As after that Auba will be back.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Pepe has improved significally last few games, I'm willing to give him at least another game or 2. I like him personally anyway. After Saka & Auba he's a decent squad filler, more the happy to keep him as cover when the Saka & Auba return. I'd prefer Pepe to Willian & Nelson at least.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
2 quality games in a row now, has to keep being played atm...his and Saka's styles, do mix well together.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Its last season all over again. We started giving him regular minutes, then he started performing culminating in excellent performances in the semi final and final.

Then we dropped him for Willian....

Pepe will be dropped as soon as Saka and Auba are back.

UNLESS he makes himself undroppable. He has two games to do that. He basically needs to win us both games and be motm twice. As after that Auba will be back.
Pretty much. I don’t see it working out for him really theres just way too much infront of him, nature of the beast.

You don’t get too many chances at big clubs and perhaps his has passed him by.

Hopefully the club learns from this tbh.

say yes

forum master baiter

Man, it’d be so harsh to drop this guy at the moment. Not included in that video but I’ve noticed he’s also been putting in a real shift defensively.

Real sticky wicket for us. Saka has to start and has been brilliant on the right. Aubameyang is our captain / star player / biggest earner, and is best on the left. Lacazette is our best CF, and is our form player at the moment.

:shivering:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah but like one poster said once on here. It's all about the goals. We can only pick 11 players. Saka is scoring goals at the moment.
To this day Saka hasn’t scored more goals than Pepe in all comps and he’s been on limited minutes.

Saka does more for all round build up play but Pepe is naturally the bigger goal threat for sure. Pepe will be leaving this summer anyways don’t worry.

To this day Saka hasn’t scored more goals than Pepe in all comps and he’s been on limited minutes.

Saka does more for all round build up play but Pepe is naturally the bigger goal threat for sure. Pepe will be leaving this summer anyways don’t worry.

I think Saka is having a better season and trust him more to score goals atm. Agree with Saka being better for all-round and build-up. Even more, reasons to pick him over Pepe.

That not to say we can't keep trying Pepe on the left. I would pick Pepe over Auba every time.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think Saka is having a better season and trust him more to score goals atm. Agree with Saka being better for all-round and build-up. Even more, reasons to pick him over Pepe.

That not to say we can't keep trying Pepe on the left. I would pick Pepe over Auba every time.

How are you? Made any potions today?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Am I missing something or we have one set of rules for Pepe and one for others? Not even Henry was asked to carry us like that, and what exactly has Auba done this season that earns him a starting place by default? Every player should be treated the same, players out of form should be on the bench no matter what their name is.

Can't believe sometimes what I'm reading on this forum

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So many games coming up now this month. He'll get opportunities.

Thought he had a good game overall. It is clear he has improved his defensive contribution to the team.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Am I missing something or we have one set of rules for Pepe and one for others?
He’s right though.
Some players have built up good credit amongst the fans (Saka) where we turn a blind eye to their bad performances. Saka has had a few low-key - like everyone else. However he’s 19 and had different expectations.

Certain players like Willian and Pepe being older, bigger salaries etc are viewed very differently it’s just the truth.

I personally don’t think Pepe got a fair shake of the stick and is judged harshly on his limited prem outings whilst all his good cup performances literally don’t matter.

It’s frustrating but fans and perhaps managers subconsciously operate on a credit based system - just a theory of mine.

I heavily use numbers to determine my opinion on a player, so whilst he’s not a 72 mil player - to me Pepe has never truly been an awful player. Probably why I’m always at odds with others I guess.

Moah

He’s right though.
Some players have built up good credit amongst the fans (Saka) where we turn a blind eye to their bad performances. Saka has had a few low-key - like everyone else. However he’s 19 and had different expectations.

Certain players like Willian and Pepe being older, bigger salaries etc are viewed very differently it’s just the truth.

I personally don’t think Pepe got a fair shake of the stick and is judged harshly on his limited prem outings whilst all his good cup performances literally don’t matter.

It’s frustrating but fans and perhaps managers subconsciously operate on a credit based system - just a theory of mine.

I heavily use numbers to determine my opinion on a player, so whilst he’s not a 72 mil player - to me Pepe has never truly been an awful player. Probably why I’m always at odds with others I guess.
Pretty much this.

Saka is a young developing talent, no one would want him to be treated harshly whether his form fluctuates or not.

Auba is our best scorer and his long term contract was signed with Arteta as the main influencer. So when he gets back in he will be in the starting 11 in no time.

Pepe is just unlucky and their is nothing anyone can do about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom