• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah people need to watch this but they won’t

I swear this isn’t my Twitter account :lol:
Martinelli was terrible though but it will get ignored sadly.
"he can't make simple things work, he doesn't track back, so predictable, so one footed". Missed anything?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah people need to watch this but they won’t

I swear this isn’t my Twitter account :lol:
Martinelli was terrible though but it will get ignored sadly.
This is hurting my brain honestly, such a lack of intelligence. It's like a first lecture on the counter attack in the book

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Video highlights just how bad our offensive game is. Lack of movement/runs, the positioning, just painful to watch.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The movement is poverty and that's down to the coaching the players are getting.

Haphazard

The Arteta tax is insane, it's no secret we can't score goals or create . He isn't a perfect player by any means but in almost every game he gets the ball and is surrounded by 3 players with no one creating space

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You are the one without a football brain. Its never offside if you receive the ball from a goal kick.

It was called offside because it came from a play and not a goal kick.

People really call him out for being offside once :lol:

Ok my point was it was a kick from Leno, so a GK kick! Even the studio said "How on earth has he let that happen!" Maybe those ex footballers dont have football brains too!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ok my point was it was a kick from Leno, so a GK kick! Even the studio said "How on earth has he let that happen!" Maybe those ex footballers dont have football brains too!
I think it says a lot about some of you where of all the things to pick out in those 90 mins, including actual footage exposing a lot about this team - that the off side thing is the one thing you choose to pick out.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Such a waste. Elite finishing ability and the ability to create space for a shot.

That clip where ESR is at right back and Pepe has no runner and nobody overlapping. That is instruction and it is sad to see.

He is so misunderstood. He isn't a dribbler/carrier/1v1 expert like Mahrez. He is a finisher/creator. He needs to he close to the box. He is so dangerous around the penalty area shown by the nutmeg pass. That is completely intentional. That is the ridiculous skill he can produce around the area. He is so comfortable in central and half spaces. He doesn't want to be on the touchline.

To be effective he needs runners outside of him and inside of him. However, after signing Ødegaard and having no rb that overlaps, he will be benched as he doesn't operate as well as Saka on the touchline.

He is probably the only player we have that could operate as a false 9 as he can find a pass and drop in. I see this argument about him not being strong enough odd. He clearly is capable of holding off multiple players.

He needs freedom. I don't even think it is a personnel issue. I think it is systemic. Lack of runners. Lack of forward passes.

This also isn't the first time Martinelli has had his head down and ignored a pass. Should have sent Balogun through in the last game and he should have switched to pepe also. Why isn't his head up in the final 3rd? It used to be.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Such a waste. Elite finishing ability and the ability to create space for a shot.

That clip where ESR is at right back and Pepe has no runner and nobody overlapping. That is instruction and it is sad to see.

He is so misunderstood. He isn't a dribbler/carrier/1v1 expert like Mahrez. He is a finisher/creator. He needs to he close to the box. He is so dangerous around the penalty area shown by the nutmeg pass. That is completely intentional. That is the ridiculous skill he can produce around the area. He is so comfortable in central and half spaces. He doesn't want to be on the touchline.
I even think this is overblown and not really true myself. He's just as effective as any of our options on that right hand side I always feel "he's just a finisher" tag is unfair.

I'm glad there is a Pepe ultra who put together that clip because some of us have been seeing this for ages whilst people choose not to and it exposes a lot.

The only other Arsenal player on that pitch who could have put a similar clip together of doing useful things in the final third is ESR.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think it says a lot about some of you where of all the things to pick out in those 90 mins, including actual footage exposing a lot about this team - that the off side thing is the one thing you choose to pick out.

There are lots of things to pick out, most of the players were poor. I mentioned that because I was in the Pepe thread and it stood out more than any of the good things he did. If you want to focus on his positives go ahead. I posted other things, good and bad in other threads.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

There are lots of things to pick out, most of the players were poor. I mentioned that because I was in the Pepe thread and it stood out more than any of the good things he did. If you want to focus on his positives go ahead. I posted other things, good and bad in other threads.
With the majority of you pointing out the negatives already including making stuff up entirely (like losing the ball), yeah I don't need to point out the negatives.

The only negative for me is he's fit and playing and gets blamed for this sh*t, I'd rather he sat out to be quite honest and leave the AM favourites to it.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Lets examine the clip in the same manner Saka and Martinelli got examined -

12 seconds receives the ball - fails to turn and take Alonso 1 on 1, ignores Esr and Lokonga centrally

16 seconds - poor touch on ball and dawdles - nearly loses the ball but manages to use his physicality to play his way out of trouble - a better player spins and runs in to the same space but quicker.

24 seconds - same segment ignores Sakas run - maybe wants Martinelli to beat Rudiger for pace maybe???🤣
32 seconds - same segment continues to ignore the options of both Martinelli and Saka which would've put them 2 on 2. Instead plays ball backward to Lokonga

37 seconds receives balls with a large amount of space - option to run in to space & commit defender or play ball to Martinelli in 1-2, or look for Saka who is on shoulder of last defender. Plays safe ball backwards to our centreback.

40 seconds - ignores Esr who is in space between midfield and defence to play the ball ... you guessed it backwards to Lokonga who is under pressure immediately.

43 seconds - Esr is running forward - Pepe can cut across in front of Rudiger to receive a pass on his left leg to arrive at edge of box, jogs outside instead.
47 seconds - same segment Runs to the outside nearer the wing leaving Esr with no option to pass. Still ends up in a decent position of 1 on 1 with Rudiger. Could've gone inside or outside to give Rudiger a headache... chooses neither, waits for Est to make a run that Alonso and Kovacic(?) will ignore. Cant beat Rudiger plays ball backwards to Esr

55 seconds - receives ball, csn turn forward and look for options ie. Martinelli & Saka yet again on the shoulders of the defence, takes a couple of touches, lets Chelsea close out the opportunity and passes the ball sideways

67 seconds, Kovacic blocks the way for an Esr pass but all the same Esr could've done better here, had more options than just Pepe. Therefore Pepe really good, rest of team sh*te 🤔:rolleyes:

72 seconds - good touch and good ball forward FINALLY A F*CKING BALL FORWARD!!!! Saka doesnt beat a player 1 on 1, therefore Pepe really good, rest of team sh*te.

101 seconds Chelsea make a mistake, Pepe receives the ball in space turns toward the wing looking for Tierney maybe who just passed the ball to him? Plays sideways to Saka. Could've turned towards goal, had a shot on or looked for a 1-2 with Martinelli. --
Also Esr couldve made a run but Esr loves to turn people and hes between the right back and the box, if Pepe gives it to him there he knocks it past Jorginho and Chelsea are in serious trouble because he cannot touch Esr without giving away a penalty.

107 seconds - good pass I think, mightve been overhit(?) but couldnt do any better there tbf, should've been a penalty.

124 seconds - receives the ball, rather than immediately giving it to Martinelli or Aubemeyang and making a run himself he dawdles on the ball and puts the ball out wide, giving Chelsea a chance to close the gaps that had opened up and killing any immediate threat.

131 seconds - receives ball out wide - has option to cut inside and take the ball past Rudiger and either take a shot on from his left on the edge of the box or feed the ball to Martinelli or the onrunning Saka, spends time trying to wrongfoot Rudiger and counting the defenders who are getting in to position. Instead of playing a very dangerous ball faffs about and sends the ball backwards yet again.

So out of his 90 minutes and that was his highlights reel. Really? Thats good enough? And not only that but the video tries to stick blame on just turned 21 Martinelli and 19 year old Saka, f*cking pathetic :smh

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

12 seconds receives the ball - fails to turn and take Alonso 1 on 1, ignores Esr and Lokonga centrally

16 seconds - poor touch on ball and dawdles - nearly loses the ball but manages to use his physicality to play his way out of trouble - a better player spins and runs in to the same space but quicker.

24 seconds - same segment ignores Sakas run - maybe wants Martinelli to beat Rudiger for pace maybe???🤣
32 seconds - same segment continues to ignore the options of both Martinelli and Saka which would've put them 2 on 2. Instead plays ball backward to Lokonga

37 seconds receives balls with a large amount of space - option to run in to space & commit defender or play ball to Martinelli in 1-2, or look for Saka who is on shoulder of last defender. Plays safe ball backwards to our centreback.

40 seconds - ignores Esr who is in space between midfield and defence to play the ball ... you guessed it backwards to Lokonga who is under pressure immediately.

43 seconds - Esr is running forward - Pepe can cut across in front of Rudiger to receive a pass on his left leg to arrive at edge of box, jogs outside instead.
47 seconds - same segment Runs to the outside nearer the wing leaving Esr with no option to pass. Still ends up in a decent position of 1 on 1 with Rudiger. Could've gone inside or outside to give Rudiger a headache... chooses neither, waits for Est to make a run that Alonso and Kovacic(?) will ignore. Cant beat Rudiger plays ball backwards to Esr

55 seconds - receives ball, csn turn forward and look for options ie. Martinelli & Saka yet again on the shoulders of the defence, takes a couple of touches, lets Chelsea close out the opportunity and passes the ball sideways

67 seconds, Kovacic blocks the way for an Esr pass but all the same Esr could've done better here, had more options than just Pepe. Therefore Pepe really good, rest of team sh*te 🤔:rolleyes:

72 seconds - good touch and good ball forward FINALLY A F*CKING BALL FORWARD!!!! Saka doesnt beat a player 1 on 1, therefore Pepe really good, rest of team sh*te.

101 seconds Chelsea make a mistake, Pepe receives the ball in space turns toward the wing looking for Tierney maybe who just passed the ball to him? Plays sideways to Saka. Could've turned towards goal, had a shot on or looked for a 1-2 with Martinelli. --
Also Esr couldve made a run but Esr loves to turn people and hes between the right back and the box, if Pepe gives it to him there he knocks it past Jorginho and Chelsea are in serious trouble because he cannot touch Esr without giving away a penalty.

107 seconds - good pass I think, mightve been overhit(?) but couldnt do any better there tbf, should've been a penalty.

124 seconds - receives the ball, rather than immediately giving it to Martinelli or Aubemeyang and making a run himself he dawdles on the ball and puts the ball out wide, giving Chelsea a chance to close the gaps that had opened up and killing any immediate threat.

131 seconds - receives ball out wide - has option to cut inside and take the ball past Rudiger and either take a shot on from his left on the edge of the box or feed the ball to Martinelli or the onrunning Saka, spends time trying to wrongfoot Rudiger and counting the defenders who are getting in to position. Instead of playing a very dangerous ball faffs about and sends the ball backwards yet again.

So out of his 90 minutes and that was his highlights reel. Really? Thats good enough? And not only that but the video tries to stick blame on just turned 21 Martinelli and 19 year old Saka, f*cking pathetic :smh
Bro are you alright?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
N

No matter how much drivel you post, ESR/Saka/Martinelli make poor decisions on a consistent basis. But this is allowed as they're young, the issue is constantly having to start them game after game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The part where ESR passes it Pepe and then just stands there instead of running into the box seems like Arteta instructions to me. We always want to have the safe passes option it's annoying.

No chance, ESR makes runs regularly, he was doing it last season. You don't get instructed to run and not run, you either do it or you don't. You don't get instructed to make poor decisions either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom