• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He can always do this is he have creative midfielders he very quick and got such amazing left foot

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There's absolutely no way a "bum, flop, trash" or whatever this guy is called on this forum can score a goal like that. Only a top player can make something like that happen, and he was involved in our first goal as well.

Kav

Established Member
We move the ball too slowly so he is not as effective in his play. He requires a lot of space to both run into and dribble past opponents. If we can improve our transition play and speed of ball progression we will get more from both Pepe and Aubameyang.

GunnerShy

:rofl:

Wishing it was anyone but him.
It's all on record here.
People will read through and see the names that provided a balanced defence of Pepe.

His ability and quality is clear. The midfield need to find him more, and earlier in the transition.

It's clear Arteta doesn't like how he can lose the ball and create a transition the other way, but he was the game changer today.

With the right service he will become something of the player we paid for.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Noticed the same thing in our cup games it’s jarring. We are not ambitious going forward at all.

There was a break where Pepe was on his own on the right, Ceballos , Willian and someone else played with their back to him basically.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good goal today. He's still hot and cold but I hope this is the pivotal moment and he moves forward from here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There was a break where Pepe was on his own on the right, Ceballos , Willian and someone else played with their back to him basically.
It’s seasons of playing for Kola and now Auba that have made our team so left dominant. Maybe years of Xhaka being the midfield metronome as well?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Actually bro 60 mins of Willian on the right pretty much united the forum behind Pepe
There shouldn't be a debate between Willian and Pepe, they need to play together. It's not a coincidence that we produced 20 minutes of fantastic football in a very long time when they were both on the pitch with Ceballos behind them and Xhaka on the bench.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It’s seasons of playing for Kola and now Auba that have made our team so left dominant. Maybe years of Xhaka being the midfield metronome as well?

Could be, but I feel it’s a no brainer to keep feeding the guy that is running hot. With so many left footers you would think the crossfield ball would be easy

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There shouldn't be a debate between Willian and Pepe, they need to play together. It's not a coincidence that we produced 20 minutes of fantastic football in a very long time when they were both on the pitch with Ceballos behind them and Xhaka on the bench.

There’s no debate it’s just what happened for 60 mins

Kav

Established Member
Honestly the amount of times that ball was there to be played just behind their full back but Bellerin or Elneny couldn't find him. Just look at Liverpool, always ping it to their widemen in space.
As much as it pains me to say this and it really does. Liverpool have much better wide players than we do so any comparison will not be fair to our players.

We just need to play at a faster tempo. For years this has been a problem with our team. We build up too slowly trying to be Barcelona. We were. Always more effective just going for the jugular than this tippy tally crap we’ve been doing over the years.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
As much as it pains me to say this and it really does. Liverpool have much better wide players than we do so any comparison will not be fair to our players.

We just need to play at a faster tempo. For years this has been a problem with our team. We build up too slowly trying to be Barcelona. We were. Always more effective just going for the jugular than this tippy tally crap we’ve been doing over the years.
You are so disrespectful here. WE NEED TO PLAY LIKE BARCELONA!!!! AND TIKI TAKA IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON EARTH!!!!

Reactions: Kav

Moah

You are so disrespectful here. WE NEED TO PLAY LIKE BARCELONA!!!! AND TIKI TAKA IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON EARTH!!!!
Even Barcelona don't play like that anymore :lol: That happened because they built an entire team who played together all their lives.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Even Barcelona don't play like that anymore :lol: That happened because they built an entire team who played together all their lives.
Then the 07-08 Arsenal style

(But with Nasri instead of walcott, Benzema instead of adebayor, with better defenders, better defensive system and better bench players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom