• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
3 of his assists this season has come from crosses.. Do you even watch him? And I was obviously talking about attacking midfielders.

How has Pastore been better than him? Plays for a better team in an inferior league, with Cavani and Zlatan as his outlets. De Bruyne has made Bas Dost look like a sensational striker ffs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
De Bruyne, Salah, Mata and Schurrle all playing well currently..... and yet Mourinho prefers Ramires, Willian and Caudrado. The **** truly is the enemy of football.

Painting a negative picture when you consider Jose starts with Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Cesc, and has signed Cuadrado - all quality footballers.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Come on, Willian is a much better player than Salah, Mata and Schurrle.I don't think Mourinho expected De Bruyne to be this good, he's had some attitude problems earlier on in his career.

Chelsea have also scored 4 more goals than you lot this season, so I don't get this "anti-football" ****. Against big team, sure he plays for a draw, but they score plenty of goals against weaker sides.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Come on, Willian is a much better player than Salah, Mata and Schurrle.I don't think Mourinho expected De Bruyne to be this good, he's had some attitude problems earlier on in his career.

Huh????

On current form I'd put Hazard-DeBruyne-Mata as the ideal 3 behind Costa. And then there's no way Salah/Schurrle are as ineffective coming off the bench as Cuadrado is.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Willian keeps them ticking and does a job defensively. Mata produces numbers but his overall play is ****ing shocking at times, completely understand why Chelsea got rid of him. He's been **** for Man Utd, but scores a free kick and a tap in here and there.

I remember people discussing Cazorla vs. Mata vs. Silva on here. Mata doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the other two, seriously.

I don't disagree on De Bruyne, as I've stated above.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Huh????

On current form I'd put Hazard-DeBruyne-Mata as the ideal 3 behind Costa. And then there's no way Salah/Schurrle are as ineffective coming off the bench as Cuadrado is.
This. Minus Mata. Agreed with Dokaka, he's ****. Comes up with a stunner here there, nothing player generally. Schurrle I couldn't understand for the love of me why he was sold. He offers more off the bench. Cuadrado is the better footballer but for the roles, Schurrle is better.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
De Bruyne has been brilliant this season, probably going edge Robben for player of the season in the Bundesliga due Robben missing so many game through injury.

Pastore - probably going to be between him and Verratti for player of the season in Ligue 1 despite Lacazette goals.

Willian better than Mata? no way not for me. I do consider Mata to be up there with Cazorla and Silva and was voted Chelsea's player of season two years in a row for reason.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
3 of his assists this season has come from crosses.. Do you even watch him? And I was obviously talking about attacking midfielders.

How has Pastore been better than him? Plays for a better team in an inferior league, with Cavani and Zlatan as his outlets. De Bruyne has made Bas Dost look like a sensational striker ffs.

Of course I watch him play, but when you call him the best playmaker in the world a day after another stunning Messi performance, I'd like to question whether you do. If he hadn't those assists numbers I doubt you'd call him the best playmaker, it's a ridiculous claim as it is anyway. Someone like Payet has similiar numbers, is he one of the best playmakers too?

Playmaker is a wider term, it can literally be anyone on the pitch. Confusing choice of words.

3 from crosses? Are cutbacks/low crosses from wider positions included? In their counter attacking aproach, he excels at running early, preferably finding free space out wide, and putting in a cross/cutback for an easy goal. He's an extreme version of Özil, actually how our Mesut used to play at Werder, where he also got a ****load of assists.

I'm surprised that you put so much importance into numbers, when hearing your opinion on Willian(which I agree with, deffo better than Mata, etc) - De Bryune having greater numbers than many AM's doesn't necessarily mean he's the best - it says more about his role for the Wolfsburg team, their style, his teammates, etc.

As for Pastore; I didn't say he has been better(he has), but that he's a better playmaker. "Having a better outlet" - again, I'm not talking about numbers here. And it's a cheap shot re. having a better outlet; because De Bryune ultimately failed for a better team with better players, while Pastore has made it for PSG. And for me, the ultimate test for a player's ability is whether you can make yourself useful for a big team.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
1. I didn't call him the best playmaker in the world - I proposed a question as he's certainly up there. I never count Messi (or Ronaldo) into any debate about football anymore as they're just so much better than everyone else. Any discussion would end with "Messi/Ronaldo" is better, and that's that.

2. I said I wasn't a big fan of stats, but his numbers are too good to ignore.

3. Cutbacks aren't crosses. Getting into those positions often requires great movement, dribbling ability and the likes. When I think cross merchant, I think of Jenkinson, Baines etc. Players who are limited to putting in crosses from touchline.

4. De Bruyne was shipped out by Mourinho, a man notorious for not giving youth a chance. He wanted to start and didn't get the chance. Ironically, in one of his only starts for Chelsea, he won the MOTM award.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City linked with Matias Kranevitter, kid from Argentina, looks he can tackle and then find a pass.

Rumour that a deal to Atletico should be announced soon though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
2qmhf9s.jpg

Sp**s losing Kane and Lloris in the same summer would be funny.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah never going to happen.

Harry Kane's always been a "lifelong Tottenham fan" even when he had his hair spray painted red at our trophy parade...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Kane score 25-30 goals next season and Spuds fail to qualify to CL he gonna move to top team just like Bale.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Times saying that Utd and Liverpool going mano e mano for Danny Ings.

Just one question. Why?

Malky

Established Member
Harry Kane in his first season has a great run for a few months (done **** all recently) and hes now worth £45m?
Wonder if he'll will be able to build a good partnership with Fellaini up front though.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom