• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnsjed

Established Member
Do you guys think that any deal involving De Gea going to RM would mean Bale or even possibly Ronaldo (I know, unlikely) going the other way?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do you guys think that any deal involving De Gea going to RM would mean Bale or even possibly Ronaldo (I know, unlikely) going the other way?

No need for that, from the Real viewpoint, as they have Utd in a corner if De Gea isn't willing to extend.

They'll look to hold on to Bale anyway.

burnsjed

Established Member
I'm thinking they would hold on to him too, but if they were to cut their losses, much easier to do it with a player exchange and cash.
I felt they way over paid for Bale at the time, and if they were to just sell him would probably take a very decent loss on him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Doubt Bale would be too desperate to leave either. Times are tough, but he'll know football and fans quickly change, a good start to next season and he's a hero again.

He's living the dream, living in sunny Madrid, play for a Hollywood club alongside great players etc, I doubt moving to rainy Manchester to play alongside Fellaini is going to be too appealing

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bale still has the backing of the President which is all important. His team-mates don't want him, the manager doesn't and neither do the fans but Fiorentino is all that matters.

He won't be sold if it can looks like Perez made a mistake in buying him, he'll leave when after he's vindicated Fiorentino.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Marca saying Real have made a £14.4M bid for De Gea. Would be bants if they got mugged off for such a low fee although he does only have a year left. I expect it to rise though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That such a low bid for top quality Gk. But he have 1 year left in his contract.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Bit tired of seeing top class players leaving the league tbh. The league has become a feeding ground for Barca and Real, literally every player that produces something special is snapped up the following summer. I understand being happy about a rival losing a good player, but at the same time you end up with players like Hazard being some of the best the league has to offer. I reckon it has played a massive part into English clubs failing in Europe and generally being poor domestically as well.

Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Suarez, De Gea, Carvalho, Alonso, Fabregas and Mascherano have all joined Real or Barca in the last 5 seasons or so, or will this summer. That's almost two top talents leaving the league every season, which obviously hurts the overall quality of the league.

Don't know about you guys but I prefer watching the Prem over La Liga for various reasons, and I'd prefer for the stars to stay in England.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Marca saying Real have made a £14.4M bid for De Gea. Would be bants if they got mugged off for such a low fee although he does only have a year left. I expect it to rise though.

It'd be funnier if they needed the money, lol.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bit tired of seeing top class players leaving the league tbh. The league has become a feeding ground for Barca and Real, literally every player that produces something special is snapped up the following summer. I understand being happy about a rival losing a good player, but at the same time you end up with players like Hazard being some of the best the league has to offer. I reckon it has played a massive part into English clubs failing in Europe and generally being poor domestically as well.

Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Suarez, De Gea, Carvalho, Alonso, Fabregas and Mascherano have all joined Real or Barca in the last 5 seasons or so, or will this summer. That's almost two top talents leaving the league every season, which obviously hurts the overall quality of the league.

Don't know about you guys but I prefer watching the Prem over La Liga for various reasons, and I'd prefer for the stars to stay in England.
But still the PL can gain super quality players like Alexis Sanchez Di Maria Diego Costa etc..

Malky

Established Member
Mentioned this in the United thread, I thought Neville touched on this at the weekend that the fee was around the £12m - £15m mark. One of if not the best keeper around right now, no where near his peak yet and there making a loss on him, crazy stuff! Looks like they'll now need to cough up atleast double that fee to get Lloris.
United can say what they want about De Gea " Being from Madrid, his G/F is Spanish, he's Spanish, it's a difficult situation" Basically its bad business from them, new contract should of been drawn up atleast a year ago! His potential has always been there, letting him get down to his final year knowing Madrid or Barca could come calling was a terrible decision.
But it a win for us, the lads only going to get better. Could be scary how good De Gea is by the time he hits his peak!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hummels waiting for Bayern or Barca I bet.

Utd linked with Schweinsteiger, what do you guys think? I'm not fussed.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm not so sure, he's still a quality player for me and pissess all over the likes of Blind (at DM) or Herrera. He wouldn't be the wisest long term option though I suppose.

To be honest, after seeing how supposed superstars have performed under Van Gaal I'm not too fussed over any of the names they're linked with. Depay on paper is a fantastic signing, but who's to say he won't be playing at LWB whilst passing the ball no further than 4 yards?

Van Gaal seems a right stubborn bastard. He also worships himself. I can't see much change in Yanited's playing style next season, a lot of their big names now suck too. It's glorious viewing from the outside looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom