• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that is true, some of the player acquisitions have been quite strange and expensive, luckily youve sold well too.

I always wanted Atletico too push on from their position and really challenge but they seem to just lack, I check results regularly and Atletico's quite often as I like the club and I'm always quite surprised by how many close scorelines they have as well as draws etc to teams I would have presumed they would beat.

It’s the style of our play and the fact the only real goalscorers we’ve had since peak Diego Costa left has been AG.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The most unexpected transfer of the window :lol:

Decent player tbf but surprising Milan have gone in for him

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It’s the style of our play and the fact the only real goalscorers we’ve had since peak Diego Costa left has been AG.

When Atletico "-re-emerged" under Simeone his style worked. It's still in the bigger games that I guess it works. But now that he's been there for almost 10 years and the club has pretty much become the clear No. 3 in Spain, teams have caught up to that. So if as 3rd you're up against 10th, it's clear they will sit deep. Thing is if your thing is to sit deep and hit on the counter, you need standout strikers - which Atletico have had in the last few years. I thought transfers like Lemar were an indication that Simeone wanted to adapt to his team being the absolute favourite in most games to introduce a bit more offensive creativity. But seems this didn't work out. He should probably look to leave for a team in a similar situation as Atletico when he joined them; e.g. Lazio might not be such a bad punt. And Atletico should look for a manager who can give them tools to better unlock deep defenses.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know its the sun but seems to be genuine. What is he thinking! He'll plummet down the popularity charts now with Arsenal fans.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I know its the sun but seems to be genuine. What is he thinking! He'll plummet down the popularity charts now with Arsenal fans.

It didn‘t plummet when he joined Chelsea? Or when he thanked Arsenal for bottling the EL final? Or when he said he joined Chelsea to win trophies? Or when he went 0 goals for half a season with Özil gunning for the assist PL record and Arsenal chasing a title?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It didn‘t plummet when he joined Chelsea? Or when he thanked Arsenal for bottling the EL final? Or when he said he joined Chelsea to win trophies? Or when he went 0 goals for half a season with Özil gunning for the assist PL record and Arsenal chasing a title?

None of your reasons have anything to do with S P U R S!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom