• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
If Mahrez is going for £60M Palace have every right to ask for that or there abouts for Zaha.

Lemar went for what like £50M in the end? Zaha is a much better player.

No comparison between Mahrez and Zaha. One is a bonafide league winner and has been consistent for the past 3 seasons and technically superior, other is a average pacy one trick pony.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
De Gea did more mistakes in the world cup of what I can remember Neuer doing in the last 3-4 seasons.
Can you name those mistakes? There was that one that he let go into the net from Ronaldo's shot and that's all there was.
Neuer had one in the dying minutes of the game against South Korea, where he lost the ball in their half and they blitzed a counter to score their second goal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Guys before getting you get your hopes up Zaha want to play CL football most likely Dortmund or Sp**s will buy him but no one going to pay 70-60-50M for him. 35-40M is Crystal palace should ask.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You need to do more than one solid season to be considered one of the best GKs and have a huge price tag. Apart from Juve and Napoli Serie A is a poverty league tbh.

He was bang average in WC and in the CL play-offs. I feel Pool are massively overpaying here as they are desperate for a quality GK.

For me a keeper with a save percentage of 80.1% deserves to be in the current top 5.

I mean he kept a clean sheet against Barcelona, there's only so much you can take when your style of play and defenders are rubbish. Which is exactly what happened in both games against Liverpool. Woeful defending and he still made some top top saves.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ideally you'd prefer to put that amount of money into someone that has shown consistent form over 2-3 seasons at a minimum.

Why?

Mbappe had one good season, PSG took a punt at £100m+. You have to take punts on players that have one sensational season. I sure as hell would love us to take a punt or two on players like that.

Fed up with the whole one good season thing, means absolutely **** all if you can see theres talent in the player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Zaha a better player than Mahrez ? You're having a laugh !

Did. Not. Say. That.

Read it again. Zaha is more important to Palace than what Mahrez was to Leicester. Mahrez also dips in and out of games, both undeniably talented. Both not worth anywhere near £60M, but that's the price you have to pay these days.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can you name those mistakes? There was that one that he let go into the net from Ronaldo's shot and that's all there was.
Neuer had one in the dying minutes of the game against South Korea, where he lost the ball in their half and they blitzed a counter to score their second goal.

Didn't De Gea save just one shot that he faced during the world cup :lol:

Saw some sort of stat along those lines! Poor!

And also if you think Zaha is anything like Welbeck you need to go watch him play. Zaha's dribbling ability is next to none. Only second to Hazard in the league last season!! @KrissKringle think you're mixing him up with a different player.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't touch Zaha with a barge pole at that price. 70m, ffs. :lol:
it's amazing what has football became really we brought Lacazzete and Auba who been amazing since their young age for 45M and 55M yet teams like Crystal palace asking 70M for player who only had one good season. or Liverpool paying 70M on GK who yet to reach top level

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why?

Mbappe had one good season, PSG took a punt at £100m+. You have to take punts on players that have one sensational season. I sure as hell would love us to take a punt or two on players like that.

Fed up with the whole one good season thing, means absolutely **** all if you can see theres talent in the player.
he isn't even that player he had one good season failed massively at Man Utd he is midtable level player. also i can't believe you compare him to Mbappe where was Zaha when he was 18 Years old? at Championship

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
And also if you think Zaha is anything like Welbeck you need to go watch him play. Zaha's dribbling ability is next to none. Only second to Hazard in the league last season!! @KrissKringle think you're mixing him up with a different player.
He looks clumsy at times, mate. He doesn't have Welbeck's power, but like I said, he's slightly better than him in terms of technique and goals.
Certainly not worth 70 mil for what he's offering. Hardly worth 25-30.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
For me a keeper with a save percentage of 80.1% deserves to be in the current top 5.

I mean he kept a clean sheet against Barcelona, there's only so much you can take when your style of play and defenders are rubbish. Which is exactly what happened in both games against Liverpool. Woeful defending and he still made some top top saves.

You'd need a bigger sample size than just one season (or one game) to come to that kind of conclusion. For me he's not an established star just yet and has everything to prove, especially at that price.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
he isn't even that player he had one good season failed massively at Man Utd he is midtable level player.

Define a good season though, in a pretty poor Palace team he keeps them up year after year, he is the source of pretty much all their goals. Be it from crazy dribbling runs that cause chaos/win pens or just general player.

Man United didn't even use him, they really mucked him around and I think its unfair to say he failed there when he didn't really get a chance. Now is his time to move and prove himself further.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You'd need a bigger sample size than just one season (or one game) to come to that kind of conclusion. For me he's not an established star just yet and has everything to prove, especially at that price.

No, never said he's an established star. Said he isn't near that level, but there's only a few established super star keepers left. I can't think of any other keepers who I'd put 5th in the world. Possibly Buffon.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Why?

Mbappe?

I was watching 2 games of that guy in Monaco at the start of his career in the first team and would've straight paid 150m for him.

Was the most obvious, most talented player I have ever come across. Very bad example.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mbappe?

I was watching 2 games of that guy in Monaco at the start of his career in the first team and would've straight have paid 150m for him.

Was the most obvious, most talented player I have ever come across. Very bad example.

Not a bad example. Alisson made some insane saves for Roma last season. In fact you're being slightly hypocritical saying you'd pay £150M for a footballer after watching him twice but you aren't really basing your assumptions on Alisson from anything.

Probably didn't watch Roma through the league last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom