• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,434
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Agree but still you don't know what will happen in market maybe a player you like become available but you don't have enough money in budget it'll be sucks. But dortmund or usually all German clubs have plan they target the players they want since middle off the season

I think the best way to play it is get business done early with your set targets, but also every club should have somewhat of an emergency fund, ideally made up over years by taking a bit here and a bit there which is set aside for that moment when you need to blow a wad quick as a player has become available you want/need.

I suppose it is somewhat similar to keeping a seperate budget set aside for the January window, where if you need to go big you can but it shouldn't financially effect other windows.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He's mostly used a 4231 this season when Reus was fit.

Alcacer
Hazard Reus Sancho
XX Witsel
Schulz Diallo Akanji Hakimi
Burki
plus Isak if they trust him or a new CF backup, Gotze, Brandt, Delaney, Zagadou, Belardi, Hitz, Bruun Larsen, Wolf, Schmelzer

How is Isak these days? Heard a lot about him a few years ago but haven't really followed his progress.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
How is Isak these days? Heard a lot about him a few years ago but haven't really followed his progress.

He struggled massively at Dortmund to even get in the first team squad. Was loaned out to Willem II in the Eredevisie where he has been excellent. Scored 14 and assisted 7 in 18 games for them.

I though think the best route woulde be to loan him out again and for Dortmund to get a higher quality backup like Max Kruse.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Amazing business by Dortmund. They are not far off of being absolutely top tier.

Brandt has so so much potential and is already a great player. Under one of the best coaches in the world, who Favre certainly is, he'll explode.

Also think Hazard still has got it in him to get onto another level.

They really only need quality additions to the fullback positions, a topclass CM and maybe a backup striker, like @Toby Andrl just said.

Happy for this as the BL is in dire need of a real challenger for Bayern. Massive deals and super cheap - well done Dortmund !

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I rate Aulas though, years of bullish behaviour has given him a reputation of someone who will not be easy to negotiate with.

Compare that to Arsenal, a joke club who’ll happily take its underwear off and bend over like a *****.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Liverpool have a fullback on loan at Derby, who they want to sell, and the asking price is 22M.

This is another level to us. Imagine having a youth kid on loan in the championship who you’re happy to sell for over 20M.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I've always been surprised by the outrageous fees Liverpool, City and Chelsea have been able to command for their dross.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool have a fullback on loan at Derby, who they want to sell, and the asking price is 22M.

This is another level to us. Imagine having a youth kid on loan in the championship who you’re happy to sell for over 20M.
Harry Wilson you mean? Well when your youth players have successful season on thier loan they'll always attach interest we haven't got any in past few years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Another one we should forget about if they want 50M for this guy then Zaha will cost double

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Another one we should forget about if they want 50M for this guy then Zaha will cost double

It's pretty clear even midtable EPL teams won't sell players cheap.

Pepe going for maybe 80 million euros it seems and this tranfer isn't even in EPL or to EPL.

We very likely don't have funds for these types of players (Zaha & Pepe) in this window. If we get a few Torreira type release clauses or last year's in contract then maybe, but wouldn't count on it even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom