• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nuno Tavares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A loan to Italian would actually be very good for him I think. Not going to expect him to completely learn the art of defending, but you'd him that that side of his game matures a lot there.

Hes got the raw tools, elite athlete and seems to have confidence in himself. Just isn't ready to be playing for a club like Arsenal at the minute.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's fair, mostly me making assumptions tbh. He's was trusted for big games throughout the season with Bologna, but I didn't realise he played wingback. I actually checked both of their numbers and you're right, at a surface level at least Tavares looks much more impressive, even defensively.

I don't particularly see full back as our biggest priority and wouldn't mind Nuno being given another chance. Arteta is pretty hardcore though...
He just needs to coach him. It is mostly positional on and off the ball, but 1v1 he isn't getting beaten. Hickey just looks average to me especially for 20 million euros.

BIoodBrother

Hes weakest attribute aint defending or positioning, its his rawness, he can cost you thru stupidity, thru adrenaline rushes, shots from distance, dribblings bc of ego, tacklings bc of impatience, all like a streetkid. He wasnt ready but has potential as everyone to overcome that. Let Mourinho or better still Felix Magath have him for a season

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I've been fairly critical of him at times but what's the point in loaning him out to an Italian club with an option to buy?
I look at Theo Hernández a bit as a reference here.

Player who looked very similarly out of his depth in La Liga at Madrid at a similar age, with similar beastly athletic qualities and interesting technical qualities, went to Italy and really found his feet.

Sometimes these types of players just need to play week in and week out and mature naturally at a less exigent level. The talent is there.

If Madrid had loaned Theo with years on his contract to Milan instead of sold him for €20m they'd be looking at double that value in the market or more--or perhaps have considered bringing him back into the team--so I definitely see the point in loaning him a season to let him develop, he's not an uninteresting asset.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I wouldnt say he's better, but Nuno has a lot going for him in a PL sense because he can drible at speed and is an athletic player.

That alone gives managers a lot to work with.

Feel that his biggest issues are surely mental, he just checked out of games when he made a mistake.

Regardless of how his career pans out, I do feel he could still be a player for someone.
How is Cohen Bramall doing anyways?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I always thought he'd be a flip signing and - not to suck my own **** or anything - it looks like I was right :lol:.

FWIW I like the player, flaws and all, but as much as I thought he had big potential through all the rawness and bad decisions, I also never thought he'd be at Arsenal long term. That we may make a decent profit on him is a good shout and something I thought would happen anyway.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Regardless of italian teams ignoring the option 40m is hilarious

We should be begging them to take Tavares off our books

Multipass

i don’t think we need to send nuno out for development. There’s enough games (and subs) this season for him to get time here without . If we are bringing in a more reliable LB now then may as well just sell instead of waiting his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom