• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
So a good signing from Mikel?

Or are the usual posters now gonna renegade on what they said weeks ago and claim it wasn't a Mikel signing?

Breezy

Smart signing this. Unlucky to get grouped in with that donkey Cedric.

All the reports from Brazil was that he was a good defender for a team that won the Libertadores and went the distance with Liverpool.

“But but but but Brazilian football is Isthmian League level.”

Godwin1

Very well-known
Looks a tidy player, good passing seems fairly composed. Shouldn't write a player off before seeing him for a few games at least.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looks very calm on the ball and assured in his play. Decent playing out from the back and you barely notice him. He did make a very good tackle in the box in the first half of ET. So far, so good.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Must be this one you're talking about?

Pass is super clean, Pepe with a good take down (not an easy one to get down), but pity it gets blocked. Good direction on the finish.
Pepe was unlucky there as well imo. Clark made a fantastic block. That was going in the back of the net.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Another match where he really wasn’t tested?

Maybe he’s making the back line more assured and just snuffing stuff early and so I’m not seeing it. It’s not like Newcastle came to play tonight though did they.

I like his heading ability. His passing whilst he got a couple wrong today is very good.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Another match where he really wasn’t tested?

Maybe he’s making the back line more assured and just snuffing stuff early and so I’m not seeing it. It’s not like Newcastle came to play tonight though did they.

I like his heading ability. His passing whilst he got a couple wrong today is very good.
He may not of been tested much since his return but he is still playing well. Can only beat what's in front of you. He could so easily be playing crap passes , ball watching. Not tracking back etc . He is doing everything right.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He may not of been tested much since his return but he is still playing well. Can only beat what's in front of you. He could so easily be playing crap passes , ball watching. Not tracking back etc . He is doing everything right.
Oh agreed I like what I see I’m just still not sure.

I had never called him crap in the first place tbf - I’ve actually mostly heard good things.

Pop Tart

Established Member

I had never called him crap in the first place tbf - I’ve actually mostly heard good things.
Yes it is early days, be foolish to call him the next tony Adam's. I had no real opinion of him when coming back few games ago as I had not seen him play for us the couple of times last season and him being a unknown really. I do remember people calling him slow same recently. Hopefully he can keep it up

Ciscoo

Very happy to have him against the bottom 12-14 PL teams.

Seems good in the air and he can definitely play. Those are the main things you need in those types of games.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He reminds me of my backup players in fm who I only play in cup games or easy league games and they end up having better stats than starters. At best he is an ok players. Lacks pace and athleticism

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury

If anyone was sure after a handful of starts from some guy from Brazil, I’d take their opinion with a pinch of salt. He’s doing well, that’s all you can say so far.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People are going way overboard on this guy. He had comfortable games against Jahanbash, Callum Robertson and Andy Carroll... Whenever he's come up against decent opposition he's looked out of his depth.

It's not really that much of an issue though, he's a clear back up to Gabriel who rarely gets injured.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was someone who was telling people to let the guy play before making a judgement, and now many have and are slightly overreacting about him (as well as not seeing a large enough sample size anyway). It looks like the world is black or white :lol:.

Against Chelsea it may have been due to tired legs as it was his first game in the PL for a while, but he gave away a penalty which could have been the difference between a win and draw. Against West Brom he was at fault for their only clear cut chance. We have played a poor Chelsea and three bottom 6 sides, the sample size isn't large enough on Mari. He hasn't proven how he deals with pace and top class players yet (yes thats a dig at Werner who has been pants recently).

Saying all that he looks like he could easily be a competent backup for Gabriel, and who knows maybe he really surprises us and deals with most challenges well. I'm gonna give more time before casting judgement.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

He really deserves the credit for his performances.

But there's nothing wrong with being cautious for driving the hype up too far, what's commonly happening on here and then the same people post the exact opposite a few months later.

He still needs to convince me that he is capable of doing a job Gabriel can cope with, against teams like City, with super fast wingers and constant pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom