• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pascal Cygan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg

phil and toure can hold the defence but i would like to see cygan stay he is a valued member of the squad. he isnt as bad as lot of people say. campbell looks to be leaving so we are going to need an experienced cb.
djourou isnt good enough for the first team IMO

Djourou is a telented defender and with luck he can fight for first team next season. I saw Swiss vs Italy where Senderos and Djourou looked :shock:. They were good besides each other. You never know.

As for cygan i know he hasnt been a highbury favorite but for his professionalism he deserves better. Going to St. Ettiene and being a first team player is definately a goal for him.

If he goes goodluck to him and its time for Djourou to emerge.

choi12911

kwg said:
phil and toure can hold the defence but i would like to see cygan stay he is a valued member of the squad. he isnt as bad as lot of people say. campbell looks to be leaving so we are going to need an experienced cb.
djourou isnt good enough for the first team IMO

Lol. You would rather see 32 year-old, slow-paced, bald-headed defender who let in some stupid goals because of his lack of concentration play ahead of Djourou who has a tremendous potential and will only improve with more playing time?

When Senderos first came into the first team, he made one crucial mistake per game on average. (i.e. passing to an opponent in the penalty area, etc.) I've yet to see anything like that with Djourou. Could you care to elaborate more on why you think Djourou isn't good enough for our first team while Cygan is a valued member of our squad?

kooldawg

Established Member
:lol:

That is pretty hilarious.

It will be a sad day in english football when this legend heads off to france. My favorite memory of "The King" was when he dribbled through half of liverpool and finished it off, or perhaps when he nutmegged ronaldinho before scoring from 45 yards out. Arsenal's greatest every player.

This is my fav part of that page :p

Canuck

Established Member
sabret00the said:
I'm not sure how you can say that because someone's played football for 5 years longer than another person they're gonna stop u conceeding a last minute goal when someone younger, stronger and fitter has done it for 89 minutes. As i said before, we've lost more goals as a result of bringing an extra defender on that we has when we've continued to play football tot he final whistle. What we require is someone who will push Phillipe for his spot, not someone to just come and warm the bench or we can use when we've broken the glass because it's an emergency. We need consistancy and longevity and inviting someone to sit out there career here just isn't wise. Especially after a season when experience let us down so much.
I'm not talking about fitness, I'm talking about experience...concentration, pressure/stress, mental fatigue. Young guys have trouble with it at times...while more experienced players may be able to deal with it better. It's not all about being able to run for 89'. It's about not comitting stupid fouls (even though experienced players have been known to slip up as well) or conceding corners or dangerous throw ins towards the end of a match ... etc.
I don't know why I even bothered to write that, you know what I'm talking about.

I do tend to agree with you about late defensive substitutions, and that experience did let us down this season, no doubts there.
We all know that Phil can cut the mustard, he's going to take over from Sol and it appears that it's going to be sooner rather than later. But it wouldn't hurt to still have someone other than Sol that's there pushing Phil for the short term, and I don't mean another 19 year old.
That said, I don't think that Wenger will actually do it. Oh, he says he considered Dacourt last season, but I never really think he seriously really considered it. I didn't want an over the hill midfielder, and I don't particularly want an over the hill defender to 'sit out his career' either. I just mentioned that I'd be less uncomfortable with the scenario if it was a defender next season.
Also part of the difference is that we need a long term solution in MF so a pensioner is just a band-aid. We have great long term prospects at the back so it's just to flesh out the squad.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Captain said:
Any particular reason why?

He's older, coming towards the end of his career, has never played in England before. Who knows what his aims are for the next year or two; he'll certainly be retiring from international football and looking to wind down his career.

hes also never been a backup for a decade. i hardly think hes ready to start now.

ol

not too many of our neighbours are impressed as they know that Cygan doesn't want to join St-Etienne.
I don't see anybody does though....
:lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
zokora impressed me yesterday, but yes he was too short. his passing range really good. yaya is huge but not as good as zokora

seb_afc

Established Member
Rocafella said:
"He's bald, He's s**t, he plays when no one's fit PASCAL CYGAN!"

In a wierd way, i'll miss the big fella.

haha nice. or this one: hes bald, hes french, hes usually on the bench PASCAL CYGAN!

Rohit

Established Member
I would love to see Cygan play for Blackburn.It would be funny to watch him adapt to their physical style of defending and playing against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom