• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
I'm sure that stuff from the manc forum isn't true. We cannot sign Yaya yet as he does not have a work permit. He is likely to be a future replacement though, once he does have his work permit.

JazzG

Established Member
Supposedly he needed to play in Europe for 3 years to get an EU passport, IIRC he has now played 3 years in Europe.

Mark

Established Member
He also needs to have played for his country a certain amount of times doesn't he? I don't believe he has played very much for his country yet.

Mark

Established Member
If that is true then perhaps he could be a possible replacement. He does have great potential.

efurze

So what's the point of a contract if a player can just decide he doesn't want to stay anymore? Seems ridiculous.

I really don't see what would be so bad about just telling Viera "No, you can't leave - get over it." Just because it would make him unhappy? He's a professional making millions a year - that oughta motivate him to play hard no matter where he is. And even if it didn't, I'd take an unhappy Viera over an ecstatic Maniche any day.

If winning the CL is REALLY what motivates him, then he'll suck it up and play hard whereever he finds himself. Pouting because AW won't sell him isn't going to get him any closer to silverware.

Tell Real Madrid to get bent, give the captain's armband to Sol, and Viera can just sort himself out.

KoLo28

Crap! This spanish radio station better be making it up! I'm sick of all this, it just wont go away - We will know tomorrow.

Mark

Established Member
efurze said:
So what's the point of a contract if a player can just decide he doesn't want to stay anymore? Seems ridiculous.

I really don't see what would be so bad about just telling Viera "No, you can't leave - get over it." Just because it would make him unhappy? He's a professional making millions a year - that oughta motivate him to play hard no matter where he is. And even if it didn't, I'd take an unhappy Viera over an ecstatic Maniche any day.

If winning the CL is REALLY what motivates him, then he'll suck it up and play hard whereever he finds himself. Pouting because AW won't sell him isn't going to get him any closer to silverware.

Tell Real Madrid to get bent, give the captain's armband to Sol, and Viera can just sort himself out.

We have a special team spirit at Arsenal. If someone is unhappy it would affect the team spirit, which is what keeps us going in a lot of games and in hard times. That kind of spirit can't be ruined, so if Paddy or anyone is unhappy they can't really stay. They need to be comitted to the cause.

n_henry

Well, this is all just driving me absolutely insane. He's staying, he's going, he's staying, and now he's going.

It really is ridiculous. :(

I've always been a bit pessimistic, and have always expected the worst.

He's off. :cry:

kel varnsen

Established Member
Adam said:
We complain about Vieira's silence - but if he goes, he has done the club a favour in cranking up the transfer fee. The agent may have told Madrid he wants to go of course.... and that would throw this in the pits.

I still believe he is staying, but if he goes - i will never condemn him, and still see him as a legend.

Actions on the pitch, speak louder than the words he may not have said.

what about the words he said in june? you chose to ignore them? pretend he never said he wanted to stay?

Stim

This looks like it will go ahead to me. So i would rather the deal is done and dusted as soon as possible so we can stop messing around and get another player in if need be. The longer it goes on the worse it is on the fans and the people within the club. If Vieira does stay and has stayed hush through this whole saga i would be very disappointed in him. But it is unlike him to stay this quiet so there must be truth in it somewhere. I just hope we can get a decent replacement, but i cant think of any.

Adam

Established Member
Varnsen - No, because that is silly. I just remember what commitment was shown on the pitch. He didn't play like a player who wanted a move, and he gave everything last season.

In Football we have a quote culture - we like to fanny about too much about what is said. I just want to enjoy the action, and the football. Patrick has proved enough to me to go down as a legend, and the best CM Arsenal has ever had.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Adam said:
Varnsen - No, because that is silly. I just remember what commitment was shown on the pitch. He didn't play like a player who wanted a move, and he gave everything last season.

In Football we have a quote culture - we like to fanny about too much about what is said. I just want to enjoy the action, and the football. Patrick has proved enough to me to go down as a legend, and the best CM Arsenal has ever had.

patrick has been a fantastic player for arsenal; but i hold him to his words. if he leaves; he's nothing but a disloyal liar!

The Premier

Don't forget, AW said he would look at his new contract with Arsenal later this year, rather than right now - I think towards October. I wonder if he has been aware that Vieira might be leaving, and has postponed his decision on a new contract to see whether Vieira stays or goes. This would become rather more interesting if the decision to sell Vieira, or at least the decision to sell him if the price is right, had already been made at the board level earlier this summer, over AW's protestations.

As I posted earlier on this thread, I wouldn't be too concerned if Vieira goes - regardless of his importance to the team. Cantona left United in '97, specifically because the team failed to get past the semi finals in the CL that year, and he thought that was it, he would never have another chance to win it, yet United won the whole thing in '99.

Adam

Established Member
If he left - i believe it would work the team to bond even more strongly. Everyone would have to be focussed and motivated.

I do not think he is going. The new stadium and the growing squad provide fresh stimulus for him. I do not rule it out as of course 'anything is possible in football'. I just believe he is staying.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Nobodys irreplaceable in my books.If Paddy wants to leave..he can leave.I think wenger will stay on because of the incentive of a new stadium.We r at the helm of the possibility of becoming the worlds biggest club.I believe moralistically henry will be a driving force for us more than any1..as his loyalty has been consistent, and i think personally if Vieira leaves, he would b my tip to make the best captain.Hes very vocal on the pitch, and shows his ability to handle pressure in his press responses.Flamini looked fantastic for a first game, i didnt expect much as its a debut, but he was extremely solid and didnt put a foot wrong.We played plenty of matches without paddy last season, and were still unbeaten.

quattro

i think its fairly obvious that vieira has this nagging reason to want to leave arsenal. for the life of me though i can't think of what it can possibly be.

memyself

****ing pissed off at this now. I've been convinced that all through this bollocks that Paddy was staying. Not because I naturally do not believe anything in the media, or because of what Wenger said about being convinced he's staying, but because for the life of me I cannot think of one solid ****ing reason why Paddy would want to trade us for the aging old farts of Madrid. They havent qualified for champion league even, they are on their way down and we are not only on the way up, but after last seasons heroics, we are truly on the brink of something even more special. Even with Viera in the current Madrid side I cannot see them doing any better (or worse) than last seaon. And now I hear he must take a pay cut for the "privelage" of joining them spanish pricks. Even as I write this I am tearing my ****ing hair out trying to think of one special reason why he would want to go to Madrid. Whoever had a word in his ear must have been one hell of a salesman. The ****ing ****er **** this bollocks .. I am sick of this crap. One thing for sure is his silence speaks volumes, in my opinion .Yes, I thought (and still hope) that his unwillingness to say anything was just because he plain refused to go over the same old rubbish again. But, as it has dragged out, I have become less convinced. Now I am positive something is going on, and I have a sinking feeling that Paddy aint so much still mulling things over (which he should be doing) but is waiting for a good deal so he leaves us with some good will. But I'm convinced he is now going, and its crushing. I will never bear King Paddy any bad will. He is a ****ing double king captain and player, and I will always remember him as captain fantastic for us. What will give me sleepless nights is the reason why. Even if he achieves what he wants with Madrid, I will always be convinced he could have got it with us, especially at this special time. ****ing Madrid, my hate for you burns brighter than a thousand suns, ****s :evil:

21.1 mill. You funny spanish tossers

r_blair2

See all you clowns that are saying you can't blame him hes been a great service to the club bla bla bla - your doing my ****ing head in. WE KNOW THIS. The overall outcome is you should be pissed off that one of our best players is leaving the club even though he has said in the past arsenal are the club he loves and wants to win thing with ARSENAL. So please zip it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom