• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
Adam said:
The Spanish talksport says we have agreed a fee. I'd wait untill Arsenal announce something, and Wenger has said the club do not need money - so it is very unlikely they would accept a fee anyway.

I agree Adam, We will wait for something official also I do believe what Wenger said that we do not need to sell because if we did we would have sold Henry to Chelsea for 50 million last season.

However its a different story if a player wants to leave, if Paddy does want to leave and its highly likely that he does want too eventhough he hasn't stated it, then we have no choice but to sell. Its now down to Arsenal to get the best price which I feel at 23.1 million is not sufficient. This of course if the story is true in the first place.

vin de guerre

AdamT said:
if vieira leaves i hope he gets a career ending injury in the first week of the new season.shattered pelvis and both femurs hopefully.

This is going a bit Too far over the top! If he goes then lets us and Arsenal get on with our lives and not bother about Viera.

I would like to ask who do you trust more:

a: UK Tabloid press and Spanish media horns of Real Madrid
or
b: Arsène Wenger?

Gunner Ossie

my my, how some arsenal fans are so ****ing fickle.

some of you guys are acting like great players have never left arsenal before? er overmars, petit, anelka

someone said whats the point of us having 23 mill in the bank if we aint got a team? :roll:

Well i suppose sol cambell, ashley col, kolo toure, henry, reyes are crap are they?

Lets get some realism injected into this thread before we end up with a lynch mob sitting outside vieira's front door.

If he goes he goes if he stays he stays, its no big deal either way because even if he does go remember .....we have won without him , are still winning without him, and will continue to win without him.

so guys Just relax coz ime sure Arsène knows he will have to replace vieira with a gem.

laolu

hey, i don't mind him leaving, i'm just saying he's worth more than 23 million with 3 years left on his contract. at least 30 mill

vin de guerre

I say we are still in the midst of a smoke screen. until arsenal officially announce what is or has happened. we will be no wiser. As for being fickle, the only people who are fickle here are certain overpaid players.

gash

C'mon Paddy, please don't go!! We're gonna win the CL this year if you stay!!!

Anyone seen the end of the Untouchables DVD, the 2003/2004 season review?
Paddy is on it at the end stating that every summer is the same speculation about him leaving Arsenal but he never leaves cause he loves the club (not those exact words but they are implied).

If he goes, he goes. Great player, great captain and he's been an absolute brilliant servant of the Arsenal. Cheers Paddy!!

Phil

David Dein is a busy boy at the moment. He is one of two Vice Chairman of the English FA. He represents the Professional game, the other VC the Amateur. Geoff Thompson (Chairman) is about to resign, leaving a power vacuum, and our David has been deadlocked at the FA in various meetings since Saturday night.

Is he really simultaneously negotiating the sale of Paddy?

Or are Real Madrid involved in their normal policy of escalating nonsense until they get their way?

The deadline was always to be tomorrow (Thursday) the dedaline for registering players for the CL Qualifying. But Thusday is also crunch day at the FA.

If I am right: this will now drag on to Sept 1st, the deadline for the CL Group phase.

himanshu

i think why many people on the forum are upset is because he is our captain....even though we have sold good players before selling him,selling our captian is much more difficult to cope with than the selling of petit or anelka......

lewdikris

Established Member
Ain't done yet, but i'd be willing to lay about 30/1-on that it will.

The Radio Station's owned by Madrid's media company, and were the first to break the Beckham agreement.

To answer some peoples problems:

1. It doesn't make us a 'small club' if Madrid get Vieira: Barca, Inter, Juve and Man U have been their recent 'victims', and they're all significantly bigger than we are. None of them needed the money, all of them denied the player would leave - they all left. Jesus, if Figo can go from Barca to Madrid, then anything's possible.

2. Maniche, Yaya Toure, Ruben Baraja and Xabi Alonso will all be mentioned as replacements. Baraja was in the first edition of the Daily Mail today - but he'd been replaced by Maniche this morning.

I'd take any of them. Maniche will help us play a different way. We've not won the CL with Paddy, and arguably we never will. So a different force in CM might help us.

Yaya Toure would bring stability. You could pretty much guarantee him and Kolo would be the core of the team for the next ten years. But he's still pretty raw - and the press would get on our backs, which I can live without after the last few weeks.

Baraja's very good - a Spanish Frank Lampard. Scores, tackles, drives. Mind you, Maniche is a Portugese Frank Lampard: fat faced.

I'd take Xabi Alonso though. He's got massive potential, and would build a new Spanish core in place of the old French one. But, like I said, any of those four would be great.

3. 24 million is actually pretty good in the current market. Excluding Chelsea, who pay stupid money, the only big transfers of the last couple of years have been Beckham and Ronaldinho - both went for less than Paddy's sposed to. I'd say that's good money - any replacement would cost half that, then we could get an extra defender as well.

4. The reason Paddy leaving doesn't bother me is that we've got a pretty different squad to that which ended last year. With a right back still to come, Van Persie, Almunia and Flamini in, Pennant and Senderos back, and Cygan probably off (with a replacement due), we're not the same unit we were. Indeed we're arguably better, with or without him.

We obviously need to slightly change our style of play to prosper in Europe anyway - it ain't just luck after 8 years of nothing. A more orthodox set up of 1 midfield playmaker and 1 defensive midfielder would help us there.

If you're going Paddy, just go....

vin de guerre

Senght said:
I think its confirmed alreayd. Let us speculate his replacement. Should be Maniche.

Where is your source? At present there is only Spanish noises while Sky has said Arsène has denied any movement!

calvinngai88

I suppose everyone didn't read the article properly at all. Every website said the source was a spanish radio, Cadena SER radio station. And you all know what?

Prisa, the media group that owns Diario AS and Cadena SER, has an investment in Real Madrid TV and is thought to be close to the Bernabeu outfit.

Thus, all these might just be Real Madrid's another set of tricks. Nothing's said out from David Dein, Arsène Wenger, or Patrick Vieira himself. That news is not worth to read at all. No worries for me currently. I'm still positive towards this. :)

Aussie

Established Member
I just dont understand his reason's for wanting to leave. He has been here for 8 years is our Captain and is loved by the fans and everyone associated with Arsenal. We are in and are going through one of the greatest periods of our history. We are the unbeaten champions and are starting our assult on Europe. We have signed some of the most exiting you talents in Europe including one of the most sought after strikers in Reyes. He also has many great mates at the club and is already earning ****loads.
Yet for some reason he feels the need to get up and just walk away when it seemed that we are about to begin possibly the most exiting season in our History.

Something just dosent seem right.

patrick42uk

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
I say we are still in the midst of a smoke screen. until arsenal officially announce what is or has happened. we will be no wiser.

every arsenal transfer comes with a smoke screen.

Alexone234

We will see, but I certainly don't trust some f-cking spanish radio station.

Real FM or something, nah, wait for the Wenger to speak, and all shall be known

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Every club moves on and every player reaches a stage on his journey where their cash value exceeds their potential. Vieira is on the cusp of arriving at that point.

Yeah, we'll miss Vieira this season, maybe next season too. But we have the benefit of an excellent manager, a new stadium on the way and financial depth. More so with 23 million plus in the bank.

They'll be new players and new heroes.

And Vieira? He'll never find a situation as good as the one he enjoys today. Notwithstanding my opening comments he could have seen out his playing days here. He could have been part of something truly great, as many before me have indicated. he could have been a genuine "hero"; now he'll just be another "superstar" sportsman and that's an entirely different matter.

A

Anonymous

If he does leave I am gona find it realy hard to take! I have support this club 22 years through thick and thin and find players like Vieira a great addidition! But why cant he at LEAST stay one more season!

IT WUD BE GREAT IF REAL MADRID FAILED TO QUALIFY FOR CHAMP LEAGUE IF HE DID GO! I wudnt be surprised if they did fail which their ****e defence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom