• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gash

What Lewdikris said.

Thats the most spot on thing i've read about this whole affair.

You should be a football writer mate.

memyself

Christ. I just want it to be all over with. I'm sick with this. Im glad there are a lot of people on here who take the positive outlook on this situation, cause I need to read that. But, whatever anyone says, and whether he stays or goes, just hurry up with it and put me out of my misery. My mam is starting to think there's something wrong me with cause I'm always swearing when I read the back pages. She thinks I've got Tim Howards disease. Bollocks to it anyway.

leongsh

calvinngai88 said:
I suppose everyone didn't read the article properly at all. Every website said the source was a spanish radio, Cadena SER radio station. And you all know what?

Prisa, the media group that owns Diario AS and Cadena SER, has an investment in Real Madrid TV and is thought to be close to the Bernabeu outfit.

Thus, all these might just be Real Madrid's another set of tricks. Nothing's said out from David Dein, Arsène Wenger, or Patrick Vieira himself. That news is not worth to read at all. No worries for me currently. I'm still positive towards this. :)

At last, another person who has been paying proper attention to the facts rather than the noise - a rarity in this thread.

Fact: No deal has been officially announced by the relevant parties, i.e. Arsenal, Real Madrid, Patrick Vieira, at this point in time.

There's too many people here "getting their knickers in a twist" over this whole affair.

va_va_voom

The one thing that struck me about it all yesterday was that Real, who are usually very vocal on transfers, decided to make no comment on it. As did Arsenal. This is very much the Arsenal way as we know. Which leads me to think the terms of the deal have been laid down by Arsenal - Don't say a word till its done and we have a deal. Break your silence and its all off.

I'd hate to be proved wrong.

marhes26

We'll if he goes thanks for the 8 years service and....

THANKS FOR SIGNING A 3 YEAR CONTRACT LAST YEAR THEN LEAVING US IN THE **** A YEAR LATER

THANKS FOR THE LIES ABOUT WANTING TO PLAY IN THE NEW STADIUM!!

THANKS FOR GIVING US FALSE HOPE YOU WAS STAYING BY RETURNING FOR PRE-SEASON TRAINING

THANKS FOR PUTTING US THROUGH HELL THE LAST 3 WEEKS WITH YOUR SILENCE!!!

STUFF YOUR BADGE KISSING CRAP UP YOUR A***

ENJOY THE BOOS WHEN REAL ARE DOING ****

DONT CRY WHEN WE BEAT MADRID IN THE C.L. FINAL

AND YES IM PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie

Established Member
As i said before

I cant find any reasons why he would want to leave.

I havent heared Paddy say anything.

The only quotes i have seen from Wenger have been positive.

The only news we have heared is from a spanish radio station who has shares in real madrid COUGH very suss COUGH

23 million pounds wont buy his left testicle

leongsh

Arsenal have a very good habit of not announcing anything unless it is completed - it's more professional to behave this way rather than let your contract negotiations be played out in public and thereby losing control over the process. It's the level-headed way to go about doing things.

Until something official or clearcut happens, we can only speculate unless we are privy to the details of this affair/matter. It's a choice that each of us have to make - speculate or wait for the official word/confirmation. No point jumping the gun like the signing of*cough*Hatem*cough*Trabelsi*cough*

singooner

I agree, 23 million pounds seems low relative to Rio Ferdinand and Zizu's transfer prices.

And if it's true that Paddy won't get the galacticos' salary then it's a joke.

C'mon PV go for top dollar, not for a bargain price!

jamesnoza

i will not beleive it until i see vieira in madrid with perez and a shirt with his name on it vieria still at this moment in time is an arsenal player. And i will continue to beleive so until he is at that press conference in madrid. Until then everything that has been said is all speculation to me.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Yeah well I think we have to be realistic.

No denial from the club & no denial from the player.

For those of you who recall the Anelka saga Arsenal denied, repeatedly, that he was going anywhere (principally to screw the players efforts to blackmail us into a cheap sale) then sold 24 hours later!

Also the Overmars/Petit sale was handled in a similar fashion to Vieira.

I have to say there is simply no evidence, beyond wishfull thinking, to suggest he will stay. It's business and everything Wenger has done has been with a view to driving up the price.

Well, looks like it's all over (Finally! We've had enough of this!) and Vieira's leaving. although it's pretty hard for me to understand why he would want to leave, I respect his wishes and I think every Arsenal fan should feel the same after eight great years. Thank you, Paddy.

I do think we could get more than 23m pounds, if those reports are correct. but even if they're not- let's face it, Real's tricks pretty much worked. They stalled on the deal and sent mixed messages, caused disarray at Arsenal, used their dirty tricks and with time going in their favour, they forced us to accept a deal for Vieira in their own terms. We're not gonna get more than 30m now, unfortunately.

As for replacements- there are none. Well, at least not in the short term. Maniche is simply not good enough to be our 1# man in midfield. he's so overrated! Maniche needs a player like Deco to play alongside him, but he won't have any midfielder in Deco's calibre at Arsenal. besides, I think we've had enough of Latin players. Most of them are not Premiership material, this league is not their style. I trully hope Flamini proves he's worth something, but for now there's nothing to do but to feel sorry that Ray Parlour left. we could really have used his determination and fighting spirit, as we have no real fighters in central midfield.

Finally, I wish Vieira all the best, but I hope Real Madrid win nothing this season. AGAIN.

***Dennis Bergkamp for captaincy!***

quattro

i have been resolved to losing him since last week.

i'm still gutted... and its because i still cant understand WHY!

nosneb

imagine this scenario..
dein & wenger, utterly pissed at real's unsavoury conduct throughout the years, hatch a masterplan together with vieira to leave the ****s from madrid royally ****ed.. they dangle vieira, sign his "replacement", cancel the vieira deal at the last moment and leave madrid with becks as their defensive midfielder.. and end up with BOTH vieira and his "replacement"..
too bad the transfer window doesnt end on thursday but at the end of august..
wishful thinking i know.. :wink:

lewdikris

Established Member
Anyone who thinks - and I've been one of them occasionally - that just because Wenger says he's not leaving is proof he isn't, is actually pretty naive.

Wenger said the same thing about Anelka - and he left, and was always going to.

Wenger's whole ethos is to lie to the press. Never seen a sending off in his life. Arsenal are never looking to sign any players - and if we are you can guarantee he'll only say we might, when the deal's already been done anyway (cf Reyes - in the bag about three years ago!).

He does it to protect the club as much as he can from the press, and to keep all matters behind closed doors.

It doesn't mean Paddy is leaving - but him saying he isn't is no reason not to think this is happening.

calvinngai88

That scenario is only if Vieira doesn't want to leave the club. If his desire is to leave, Arsenal will not keep a disloyal player and still continuing to pay his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom