• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Thats the spirit guys lets all get behind him and if he plays on sunday give him the best sending off any player has ever had and who knows it might change the whole situation. Anyway l'm happy that some of us appreciate all he has done for us and are wishing him well .I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN ARSENAL FAN.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And if you read through my posts you will notice that i have nothing against paddy - i've thanked him for 8 great,great years at the club and i agree that he's a legend in his own right - the only reason i am not 100% supporting his decision is because of the lies that came at the very end of his career.

If you can tolerate being lied to by your very own captain - then good for you - but i cannot do that and i hope you respect my bloody opinion !

arsenal98

One shouldn´t be too sure that all this is an initiative of PV´s. Whatever the club says in public, backroom politics might have determined that now is the time to get the most amount of money out of a transfer. The club dare not state that "yes we want to sell coz we get a good deal" anyway, would cause uproar, wouldn´t it. Easier to blame a player who was top of the range already 5 years ago and could ages ago have transferred to the moon if he wanted to.

dee

There is no wrong and right - i have my OPINION and you have yours.
This is why we have this forum. to put our views across.
Personally, i believe Patrick has always had his mind set on playing at the Barnabeu - ever since speculation began that they were interested in him. I believe that Wenger was the reason he stayed - and the contract he signed may have also played a role in his decision. once again, we do not know if thats true or not - thats just what I believe.
As you say "personally"that is the way you chose to view it.you select what you want to believe.if the player wants to leave he will leave irregardless who the manager is he stayed because he wanted to.
Check the link i just gave. 'I love the club' 'I know there will be rumours this summer, just like every summmer - but i am staying at arsenal - when you have people like thierry henry, ashley cole, etc. with you why would you want to leave ?? I really believe we can win the champions league'

A month later - madrid declare their interest and all of a sudden 'people like ashley cole and thierry henry are not good enough for him' All of a sudden he wants to leave the club, all of a sudden he doesnt believe we can win the champions league.

People who commit their future to a club do not change their mind a month later - if he would have atleast said 'i want a new challenge' or anything of that sort then i would completely support his decision. But he didnt.

AGAIN - nothing is 100% confirmed but this is just
have you never changed your mind in your whole entire life???so did he say we were not capable of winning the CL??can l pliz get that quote..by saying he wants he a new challenge it would have weakened our negotiating position don't u understand that.at the moment we are holding out for the maximum we wouldn't have been able to do this had he said that.can u understand why he has not said anything.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is why we have this forum. to put our views across.

lol exactly ! a couple of mins ago you said that people like me were 'wrong' !!

There it is ... :?

see its people like you reyes 2004 who are wrong

he stayed because he wanted to.

We do not know that - for all we know it could have been purely because of the money we offered. I dont believe that, however - i believe it was Arsène who persuaded him to stay.

have you never changed your mind in your whole entire life???

Yes but i have never promised someone something and changed my mind a month later.

by saying he wants he a new challenge it would have weakened our negotiating position don't u understand that

Alot of people have said that but dont you think its pretty obvious that he wants to leave ??? He has denied the rumours straight after they came out for the past 2 summers - isnt it a little ironic how he hasnt said anything this summer ? Madrid KNOW he wants to leave - theyr not stupid - they have noticed how he has not said anything about the subject and how he denied to comment when asked - i think everyone knows by now that he's interested in a move.

Besides - why do you think we'r supposedly getting 23 million for him ? Everyone knows thats way below his real valuation - but we'r getting that much because madrid know he wants to leave. So if he wasnt saying anything so we could get more money for him - then he failed in his mission.

R9

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
I dont know if this has already been mentioned but what do you guys think we should do with vieira if this madrid deal collapses ?

Just play him and act like nothing ever happened ?? :?

In that case, yes he should play, but without the armbond.

A

Anonymous

i agree with jose 2004 :p i think you lot are making up things to make vieira look not so bad coming out of this situation- for example ur saying hes not talking to try and get us more money lol, if he wanted to get more money for us he could say something like "i wont leave the club unless a bid of 30million comes in and benefits the club" lol simple as that - keeping his silence shows he wants to keep his options open so that he doesnt look like a **** if real + arsenal dont agree a fee for him he can still be in the arsenal fan's hearts - aswell i think hes made an arse of that part too as hes not in my heart anymore :cry:

R9

Sigun said:
After reading through this thread i have come up with the foilwing reasons why Paddy is keeping quiet:

--Does NOT wanna leave, but in Cahoots with Wenger and Dein to lead Madrid on, so they think they have there man then BOOM.....there f*d with no time for a replacment.... ;D

I would love this one. ;D

A

Anonymous

Scottish Lass said:
i agree with jose 2004 :p i think you lot are making up things to make vieira look not so bad coming out of this situation- for example ur saying hes not talking to try and get us more money lol, if he wanted to get more money for us he could say something like "i wont leave the club unless a bid of 30million comes in and benefits the club" lol simple as that - keeping his silence shows he wants to keep his options open so that he doesnt look like a **** if real + arsenal dont agree a fee for him he can still be in the arsenal fan's hearts - aswell i think hes made an arse of that part too as hes not in my heart anymore :cry:

ps i still dont think he'll go

dee

lol exactly ! a couple of mins ago you said that people like me were 'wrong' !!

There it is ...
[/quote
my view is that you are wrong therefore l will state that!
We do not know that - for all we know it could have been purely because of the money we offered. I dont believe that, however - i believe it was Arsène who persuaded him to stay.
we both don't know what really happened for him to stay .now you say he only stayed for money,l believe madrid would have offered him more.therefore l believe he stayed because he wanted to.
Yes but i have never promised someone something and changed my mind a month later.

thats something you can not prove to anyone on this sight.

Alot of people have said that but dont you think its pretty obvious that he wants to leave ??? He has denied the rumours straight after they came out for the past 2 summers - isnt it a little ironic how he hasnt said anything this summer ? Madrid KNOW he wants to leave - theyr not stupid - they have noticed how he has not said anything about the subject and how he denied to comment when asked - i think everyone knows by now that he's interested in a move.

Besides - why do you think we'r supposedly getting 23 million for him ? Everyone knows thats way below his real valuation - but we'r getting that much because madrid know he wants to leave. So if he wasnt saying anything so we could get more money for him - then he failed in his mission.

Madrid might think they know but they have been left high and dry twice by the same player after the thought they had him so the aren't sure themselves.has he stated he wants to leave to any media?no!

we have not accepted any bid therefore his mission is still on. Arsène said we've not accepted any bid therefore pv4 has done his job so far we are still holding out for a better offer.hes still an arsenal player 72hrs after the so called deal was agreed draw your own conclusions from that.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
As I said here what seems like ages ago, Arsenal didn't have to be bullied into selling Vieira to Madrid. Porto proved that with Carvalho, Madrid wanted him, but they wanted him at a price Porto wouldn't accept, that's why Chelsea got him. And as Vieira would never go to Chelsea... well, again I'm thinking Vieira may stay.

A

Anonymous

There is no doubt what so ever that Vieira wants to leave Arsenal. Im 110% sure of that.

If he didnt want to leave he would have come out and said he wanted to stay, see Freddie, Henry, Nistelrooy etc.

His silence is probably down to giving us a stronger hand over Madrid.

It looks obvious now that the two clubs are some way apart on the fee, over five million quid.
In the end I think we will be forced into accepting less than we want. At the end of the day there is no point in keeping a player who wants to leave the club.
Add to this he is 28, nealy 29 and his value is only going to fall and fall.
If we are going to sell it is this summer. He wants to ago. We will HAVE to sell him imo.
Maybe we can add in some clauses like we get extra if they win the CL and he cant se sold to Chelsea or the mancs.

Then there seems to be the problems over his wage demands. This is what I dont like. I thought this was his dream move? He should take what ever Madrid offer him.
What can you do with 100k a week that you cant with 80, or even 60? Greed.

If it all does collapse then I wont know what to think. Vieira wont be viewed in a god like manner anymore. I know several die hard gooners who are very pissed off with him.
Im sure he would still give 100%, but it just wouldnt be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom