• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
bomb_diggy said:
theguvnor said:
Vieira has apparently hit a snag as madrid wont offer him the wages he requires. They have offered him 80k a week but he wants the 120k that zidane and becks get. I have been saying all along it is only about the money. This just supports everything ive been saying. Greedy c**t.

since u dont konw him personally how can u call him a greedy c**t???
were u with vieira when they were supposedly negotiating his wages??
no so until u konw vieira on a persoanl level u have no right to call him a greedy c**t

The thing is though, have they actually met to discuss personal terms? A fee hasn't even been agreed according to latest reports so it could be that they haven't even met.

A

Anonymous

exactly my point
i hate how fans turn on the players so easily when not a single thing has been confirmed either by real or arsenal
just shows how fickle some ppl really are

Aussie

Established Member
The reason why i am quite angry with a player that i have worshiped for 8 years is they way he has handled this whole saga. He hasnt even uttered a single word to us about the situation and what is going through his head. After 8 years i think we deserve a little bit more respect. Also he stated his loyalty, took the captaincy and kissed the badge and now he is STRONGLY considering leaving us just when we all thought that we the Arsenal were going into one of the greatest periods in our History our captain gets up and is looking at turning his back on us.

I do understand Sammers point about the money and most of us cant really talk about money in that way as im likley to earn what he earns in a month in a whole lifetime.

lewdikris

Established Member
You only need to look at the comparison with Freddie who took approximately 4 hours to quash the rumours about him leaving, to see why people are, quite correctly, a little pissed with Paddy.

Sammer

Established Member
lewdikris said:
You only need to look at the comparison with Freddie who took approximately 4 hours to quash the rumours about him leaving, to see why people are, quite correctly, a little pissed with Paddy.

Spot on, lewdikris. Either way it´s bad, no matter if Paddy just wants to bargain internally to get his 120K at Arsenal, or if its about him leaving.

We have to consider the timing, too. Like Aussie said - this Arsenal team is probably the strongest ever and we finally have a great prospect of establishing ourselves on a european level.

And this shall be the time for our "committet" captain to leave?

Aussie

Established Member
lewdikris said:

EXACTLTY MY POINT

He is thinking very very seriously about moving to Real otherwise he would have came out and did what Fred did. Also from what i have heared from the club and Wenger it does sound that there is a huge chance that he is going to be a real madturd player very soon.

Deano

Yesterdays Daily Mail stated that PV was talking to Madrid about image rights. Although he will be on a lower salary than Beckham, his % of image rights would be more and match Beckhams salary.

singooner

I don't think PV's image rights are going to be as valuable as Becks globally, so even though the % is higher than Becks, total dollars received will be lower.

nosneb

like some of u have said, im sick and tired of the whole situation.. before, i was reluctant to see paddy go, but now i actually think him leaving could be a blessing in disguise, as some of u have said.. it would definitely stop all the talk about the team becoming complacent and furthermore..

hmm.. lets just say we get 25 million for him.. 3 million for carrick, 7 million for javier, 10 million for xabi and 5 million in the bank.. tho i admit tats abit greedy and we'd have a glut of midfielders + im not taking into account their wages.. tho this would allow us some flexibility and also allow us to recoup some money if some fail as they are still young.. okok.. i'll stop playing CM.. :eek:ops:

Sammer

Established Member
nosneb,

the problem is: we will pay too much for these players as the timing is bad to replace a key-player like Paddy at this point.

I said it before: 3 weeks before, players like Ballack would have been available with a decent negotiating position.

But now it is hard to find a real good deal. Who knows, maybe Arsène would collect the Cash and not buy anybody at this point.

patrick42uk

Established Member
the transfer fee and personal terms look like serious stumbling blocks. there is a distinct possibility he might stay. i think the discussion might well turn to, 'are we willing to accept vieira back with open arms, knowing fully well he'd rather be at madrid?'

Aussie

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
I think that Wenger has a back up plan in place. If Vieira goes, there will be a virtually instant replacement.

Agreed im sure there is a plan A, B, C and so on. The club with move onto better and bigger things without him.

Double_H

Established Member
its Friday and he didnt Leave yet ....
we still have 3 weeks :(

anyways ...i heard that Real will play 2 Qulifying Matches the second would be a strong one ....benfica or somone at that level ...is that True ?

KingReyes

Established Member
Double_H said:

anyways ...i heard that Real will play 2 Qulifying Matches the second would be a strong one ....benfica or somone at that level ...is that True ?

The second game I think your talking about would the the secong leg. They will play one qualifier over two legs, home and away.

Double_H

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Double_H said:

The second game I think your talking about would the the secong leg. They will play one qualifier over two legs, home and away.

actully no ....2 games 4 legs that what he told me ...cuz they came at 4th place last season ...dunnno if its true though

KingReyes

Established Member
Double_H said:
KingReyes said:
Double_H said:

actully no ....2 games 4 legs that what he told me ...cuz they came at 4th place last season ...dunnno if its true though

I'm pretty sure its only 1 qualifier over two legs.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont know if this has already been mentioned but what do you guys think we should do with vieira if this madrid deal collapses ?

Just play him and act like nothing ever happened ?? :?

A

Anonymous

"Arsenal gunning for Carrick"

Is he any good? he seem to be rather cheap, but what kind of player is he?

Would he be better then Javier Mascherano? Sort of doubt that (allthought i haven't seen any of the play).
Havent seen Carrick for a while. By all accounts hes mustard. A few years ago he was ranked alongside lampard as englands best young talents. Now look where lampard is. If carrick came to us im sure he could be as good. I cant compare him to that argie because i have never seen the argie play.

since u dont konw him personally how can u call him a greedy c**t???
were u with vieira when they were supposedly negotiating his wages??
no so until u konw vieira on a persoanl level u have no right to call him a greedy c**t
exactly my point
i hate how fans turn on the players so easily when not a single thing has been confirmed either by real or arsenal
just shows how fickle some ppl really are
I do confess to now actually knowing paddy personally :| So all my information is coming from the papers, same as everyone elses here is. This whole 180 page topic is based of pure transfer speculation. I am merely speculating from what i read. If paddy came out and said he is bored with arsenal and wants a new challenge then i would accept his decision. But the fact (says the papers) that he has refused 80K a week from real obviously shows this is ALL a money factor. If he really wanted to leave then he would accept their offer that is already paying him more than he gets at arsenal. Because he has refused it he obviously has let money dominate all reasoning and he is looking to get more. It does not a take a close friend to realise he wants mroe money. And when he already has more money than he could spend in his lifetime it quite plain and simply makes him a GREEDY ****.
As for being fickle :| Following arsenal for 28 years through sun, rain, wind, storms, hale, loss after loss, poor performances and many embarressments obviously makes me very fickle eh :roll: I am not being fickle, it is called being pissed off. Pissed off at someone who we have adored for 8 years who believes he is bigger than the club itself. Had he had any respect for the club or the fans he would of come out by now and stated his situation - as freddie did after 5 hours.
I agree with AUSSIE he may have crossed a point, he has shown us he wants to leave us and if it falls through how should we feel about him knowing he doesnt want to be with us and knowing he will leave next season anyway? Do we sing his name and start licking his arse again or do we wake up and realise this ****ers playing with us and dont really seem to care how we feel. I certainly wont sing his name again, and i really dont think he deserves the captaincy any longer. If he dont leave this year, he DEFINATELY will next year for half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom