• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapz

Kyla said:
lewdikris said:
No, it's bollocks. Paddy has until the end of this week to do something about this or he's proved himself not a bad captain, but quite simply a morally empty person.

The obligation is on him now to speak - it wasn't until the bid became formalised, but now he has to do it.

Or he can just f**k right off.

That's been my attitude all along..."f**k right off" that is. Bid or no bid, he was ALWAYS obligated to speak- he has indeed shown himself to be a morally shallow individual. I could have accepted his decision to leave a few seasons back, but this, well this is just unacceptable. Everything about it- his conduct as a whole have been disgraceful.

Maybe he got sick of saying the same thing every year so decided to keep his mouth shut

Mark

Established Member
We have got to reject this bid. We could and should get a hell of a lot more for him.

Yesterday I was optimistic he would stay now I very much doubt it and damn I'm upset.

Sol man

I am sure Henry has repeated his desire to stay more times than paddy has. We need to stop trying to find an excuse for him. Sky sports have tried to interview him and that has been as good a oppurtunity for him to give a statement. If he wants to leave he should just say it and the fans would understand but the fact that he has treated the situation the way he has made things worse.

A

Anonymous

he gets paid to play football not to give out statements to the press...

Sigun

...stop whinging until the vieira deal is done, maybe Pat himself just isn't sure at the moment? He might need time as well,....

He's had damm well anough time to decide!!!!

Scottish Lass said:
he gets paid to play football not to give out statements to the press...

err...dont you think he gets paid enough money to take 2 minutes out of his time. ( even if he has to do it once a year)

KingReyes

Established Member
lewdikris said:
No, it's bollocks. Paddy has until the end of this week to do something about this or he's proved himself not a bad captain, but quite simply a morally empty person.

The obligation is on him now to speak - it wasn't until the bid became formalised, but now he has to do it.

Its simple Lewd from my point of view, Paddy does not want to say anything because if a fee isn't agreed then he's not a criminal in the eyes of the fans. He'll come out and say that he's happy and wants to stay. But if he came out and said he wants to leave and a fee isn't agreed he wouldn't be too popular would he? If Paddy was 100% sure he wants to stay he would have said something by now. I'm not saying he wants to leave 100% for sure but he's considering it immensely IMO.

Jinn

Established Member
KingReyes said:
lewdikris said:

Its simple Lewd from my point of view, Paddy does not want to say anything because if a fee isn't agreed then he's not a criminal in the eyes of the fans. He'll come out and say that he's happy and wants to stay. But if he came out and said he wants to leave and a fee isn't agreed he wouldn't be too popular would he? If Paddy was 100% sure he wants to stay he would have said something by now. I'm not saying he wants to leave 100% for sure but he's considering it immensely IMO.

I think you're spot on. But we'll never know for sure.

Nawoo

Why the hell is Vieira only worth 18 million?

Drogba left for 25 million and he is not even half the player vieira is

Madrid is crazy..

:evil:

beanz

sienna said:
He can't keep silent about it anymore. It's decision time for Vieira.
Why?
Tell me why it's decision time for him now.
He does'nt have to make a decision until the transfer window closes, just because you think he should make his mind up now does'nt make it so.
It may be uncomfortable for us, but we've got to ride it out and wait for whatever decision Paddy makes and then accept it with good grace.

A

Anonymous

Sigun said:
err...dont you think he gets paid enough money to take 2 minutes out of his time. ( even if he has to do it once a year)

ok thats like saying i get paid enough to do what i do so how about i just do an extra couple free ones for ppl, even if its only once a year like :eek:

ill stick to what i said, he gets paid to play football not talk to the press :)

va_va_voom

KingReyes said:
lewdikris said:

I'd agree with that. He's leaving himself open to all possibilities. As soon as he speaks he will have to p*ss off either Arsenal or Real Madrid. By not saying anything he still has options with both.

Sigun

Its decision time cause arsenal set to lose there captain a couple of weeks before the new season starts, and we're non the wiser.

Sol man

Scottish Lass said:
Sigun said:

ok thats like saying i get paid enough to do what i do so how about i just do an extra couple free ones for ppl, even if its only once a year like :eek:

ill stick to what i said, he gets paid to play football not talk to the press :)
Sorry Scottislass but I don't understand your argument. Does he need to be paid more to release statements.

It would not kill him to make a statement. It would only take a few minutes and if he loves and respects the fans like he claims then it wouldn't be a problem. He has had oppurtunities to talk to the press and he has refused to do so.

Sigun

Scottish Lass said:
Sigun said:

ok.. I think comparison comes into the picture here. :roll:

lewdikris

Established Member
Jinn said:
KingReyes said:
lewdikris said:

Maybe - and like I said, it hasn't bothered me up til now. But now it's an open FACT that Madrid has bid for him, he needs to make an open declaration of his intentions either way.

And Scottish Lass - of course the players get paid to talk to the press! Media relations is a core part of football (Arsenal even teach it to young players), and Paddy gets paid quite well by the News of the World to talk to them.

A

Anonymous

im not disagreeing with u, i just see it as he doesnt get paid to do it therefore he doesnt NEED to do it although i think he should

va_va_voom

lewdikris said:
Jinn said:
KingReyes said:
lewdikris said:

Maybe - and like I said, it hasn't bothered me up til now. But now it's an open FACT that Madrid has bid for him, he needs to make an open declaration of his intentions either way.

And Scottish Lass - of course the players get paid to talk to the press! Media relations is a core part of football (Arsenal even teach it to young players), and Paddy gets paid quite well by the News of the World to talk to them.

I personally think its down to the club. He doesn't have to say a word until the club has accepted a bid for him. If they refuse the rumoured £18m on the table, we're back to as we were, and the emphasis is again on Madrid.

beanz

Sigun said:
Its decision time cause arsenal set to lose there captain a couple of weeks before the new season starts, and we're non the wiser.
If you want to be wiser you should read more books and leave papers like the "Sun" on the newsagents shelf.
Have patience Grasshopper and all will be revealed :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom