• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienna

beanz said:
sienna said:
He can't keep silent about it anymore. It's decision time for Vieira.
Why?
Tell me why it's decision time for him now.
He does'nt have to make a decision until the transfer window closes, just because you think he should make his mind up now does'nt make it so.
It may be uncomfortable for us, but we've got to ride it out and wait for whatever decision Paddy makes and then accept it with good grace.
How long do we give him to make up his mind? Don't you think the longer this goes on, the more destabilizing the effect it'll have on us? So we have to hang on to everything Vieira says and does? Excuse me he is one player; there are other players besides him that needs Arsène's attention. The word is that Madrid has made a bid for him and I would say now IS the time for him to come out and say what his intentions are. Next week the season starts and the sooner we get this over with, the better it'll be for us.

beanz

Sigun said:
we dont need to read tabloids to know whats going on...or whats not going on..
Ah sigun, I see you follow the same philosophical teachings of Confucius as I do, errmm or is that Confusion? :p

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
Sol man said:
I am sure Henry has repeated his desire to stay more times than paddy has. We need to stop trying to find an excuse for him. Sky sports have tried to interview him and that has been as good a oppurtunity for him to give a statement. If he wants to leave he should just say it and the fans would understand but the fact that he has treated the situation the way he has made things worse.

first of all, nothing is sure. we have recieved bids before and they have been rejected. i think he is staying. what you are asking him to do by admitting to wanting to leave is effectively slashing down the price he will fetch. if he came out and said that he wanted to leave, we would probably have to take 18 million for PV and that is simply unacceptable. if he really wants to leave, he is trying to get as much money as he can for the club he will love for a long time. i think he is staying with us, though. as Arsène said, if Paddy was to leave, he would have done so a long time ago.

KingReyes

Established Member
sienna said:
beanz said:
sienna said:
He can't keep silent about it anymore. It's decision time for Vieira.
Why?
Tell me why it's decision time for him now.
He does'nt have to make a decision until the transfer window closes, just because you think he should make his mind up now does'nt make it so.
It may be uncomfortable for us, but we've got to ride it out and wait for whatever decision Paddy makes and then accept it with good grace.
How long do we give him to make up his mind? Don't you think the longer this goes on, the more destabilizing the effect it'll have on us? So we have to hang on to everything Vieira says and does? Excuse me he is one player; there are other players besides him that needs Arsène's attention. The word is that Madrid has made a bid for him and I would say now IS the time for him to come out and say what his intentions are. Next week the season starts and the sooner we get this over with, the better it'll be for us.

Well said mate, my concern isn't if he says something publicly, my concern is IF he leaves we are left with trying to get a replacement in a short period of time. Thats why Vieira needs to confirm his intentions now! At least to Arsène and Dein, so Wenger can start searching for an ideal replacement. He can leave for all I care, my two worries if he left would be:
1. The price (hopefully 30 million), would be good business if he wanted to leave.
2.Finding an ideal replacement in time for the new season.

Henry14

Just for the record for all those saying Paddy is worth more if Drogba is worth £24m.

There's no doubt Patrick is worth more than £18m, but you can't compare Chelsea's transfers with anyone else's in the world. There are two transfer markets: Everyone else's and Chelsea's. In the normal market, without Chelsea, Drogba would've gone for £10m or less.

Sigun

beanz said:
Sigun said:
we dont need to read tabloids to know whats going on...or whats not going on..
Ah sigun, I see you follow the same philosophical teachings of Confucius as I do, errmm or is that Confusion? :p

ahh..Confucius! he was like a father to me...but i prefer the readings of Dr Ivana Kutchukokoff & Prof Hal Jalikakick..

KingReyes

Established Member
beanz said:
KingReyes said:
Vieira needs to confirm his intentions now! At least to Arsène and Dein,
How do you know he has'nt already done so?

Yes you're right, he probably has but I meant it more on IF he said he wants to leave to them, then I just hope Wenger has his replacement ready and whether Paddy leaves sooner or later it won't ruin our season.

huyha123

what about we not accepted at all? so they have to come back on january with the right price?

also if he goes, that would be the first time wenger has to step down on his words "I am very confident he staying" do not remmember read this where.

beanz

Following on from that argument, can we assume, that as Arsène has'nt already bought a replacement for Paddy, that he's staying?
Or is that an assumption too far? :mrgreen:

voomboom

huyha123 said:
what about we not accepted at all? so they have to come back on january with the right price?

also if he goes, that would be the first time wenger has to step down on his words "I am very confident he staying" do not remmember read this where.

IMO vieira's staying, and I havent changed my mind since day one. But I wouldnt believe that he was staying if it was just based on what wenger is saying.

After all, he said that nothing was going to be decided on inamoto's future until after the 2002 world cup. Then the next day the official FA released players list appears with inamoto's name on it, dated before wengers denial he was released.

Wenger just says what he needs to for his team....

A

Anonymous

Henry linked to Chelsea - he comes out and says he wants to stay at Arsenal.

Horseface linked to Madrid - comes out straight away and says he wants to finish his career at the mancs.

Vieira linked to Madrid and nothing.

And this guy is the captain of our club, a club whose badge he has kissed and who he has claimed he loves.

He is showing huge dissrespect to all Arsenal fans, who follow him up and down the country and across Europe and who sing his name with a passion - something he wont get at Madrid.

He owes it to us to come out and say something, anything.

There is no doubt what so ever that he is seriously considering an offer or the thought of playing for Madrid, and it seems he has been considering it for nearly a month now.

I think a month is more than long enough to consider this decision.

It has got to a point now where if he is sold, we will be left with a huge gap in our midfield - I doubt we will be able to get a replacement in time. Anyone decent in January will be cup tied.

he needs to make a decision and make one quick. The longer he leaves it, the worse effect he has on our club. I think he owes us at least that much to do as little damage as possible.

beanz

Sigun said:
maybe he has...flamini plus Edu ofcourse
However good Flamini is, he's hardly a replacement for Paddy and I did'nt realise we had to buy Edu twice :mrgreen:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They supposedly big 18 mill this morning !!

The madrid officials sure are gullable to raise the price by 12 million in just one day !! :?

AFCG7

Established Member
yeh i know :) but the figures are more realistic. £30 million may get our attention.. 18 million we should throw back in their face

Henry14

That article is messed up. Marca reported that Real offered 6m more Euro to the initial bid, bringing the total up to 36m Euro, or around £24m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom