• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His goals and fitness levels are going to be a massive loss, but I won’t miss him for some reason. Maybe it’s due to how many top players (better than Auba) we’ve lost in the past.

I think every senior pro bar Leno has to go, they’re no leaders, no example to our youngsters.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm starting to think maybe you do just try to cash in and use the money to buy someone for the future, Edouard or someone. We'd be worse off in the short-term, but better off overall perhaps.

If Auba was just a couple of years younger I'd probably break the bank for him. But as it is he's in his peak with a couple of years left and he clearly wants to win things, and we clearly can't provide that for him in the next couple of years.

As others have said he's a great player, nice character too, but he doesn't really 'spark joy'. I'd sell Laca too, do it before other clubs realise he's lost his verve.

9jagooner

I don't think there's any need keeping him if we're not intent on putting the right players around him. Imagine this guy at Madrid or Barca?

The club needs to decide whether we want to rebuild with youngsters (long term project) or we want to bring in the right players now.

At the moment, it doesn't seem the club knows what it wants to do.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Because people are talking about selling Auba? You really are something else aren't you? :facepalm: :lol:

Right, then keep it on topic. ***** on over to the squad thread if you want to discuss ‘building around our best players’.

Nicenho

Right, then keep it on topic. ***** on over to the squad thread if you want to discuss ‘building around our best players’.

And having discussion about keeping or selling Auba isn't part of the topic? :lol: Like I said...something else

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His goals and fitness levels are going to be a massive loss, but I won’t miss him for some reason. Maybe it’s due to how many top players (better than Auba) we’ve lost in the past.

I think every senior pro bar Leno has to go, they’re no leaders, no example to our youngsters.

He's a very good goalscorer, but that's it...depending on your age, you have seen Arsenal have strikers like Henry and Van Persie, who could do what Auba did but were also great footballers.

It's like when the club were getting bullied by someone like Walcott, back then you were like "Really, bending over for someone like Theo"...it's kind of annoying.

Also Auba is a annoying character when things aren't going well, liking James Benge post about him doing too much running for the team or whatever...wtf :lol:

Plus as you say, the last 5 years have been so bad, you just want pretty much everyone who played in that period gone.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf Ryan made some good saves from him yesterday, was close with the VAR call.

You can’t rely on him to score every half chance he gets because it’s not fair. If he had the chance Lacazette did in the first half maybe we’re out of sight.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can we all at least agree that he’s not a winger?

I have no idea what Arteta’s playing at.

Camus

Trusted ⭐

Picture in your mind how terrible Auba on the wing and Laca on the middle is. Now know that out of all the possible attacking options available to us this is the "best" one. Yes that's how bad it's gotten.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

He isn't a winger and he hasn't been playing as a winger.

Does anybody actually watch our matches? He spent most of the game yesterday in a 2 up top with Laca. He occasionally drifted wide when we lost possession.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He isn't a winger and he hasn't been playing as a winger.

Does anybody actually watch our matches? He spent most of the game yesterday in a 2 up top with Laca. He occasionally drifted wide when we lost possession.

I’m talking about his starting position my guy. It was on the left side of a front 3. That carries a lot of very specific defensive responsibilities that are very different to spearheading the attack, which is where he has been a success for the vast majority of his career.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

At first, it made sense to play him on the wing when Laca was actually decent, plus statistically speaking Auba scores more when on the left compared to up front. Putting more goal scorers in the team made sense when you have no goals from midfield. That being said, when Lacazette’s form dipped, we should have moved him central again and bring in one of Nelson/Martinelli to be our wide left option.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At first, it made sense to play him on the wing when Laca was actually decent, plus statistically speaking Auba scores more when on the left compared to up front. Putting more goal scorers in the team made sense when you have no goals from midfield. That being said, when Lacazette’s form dipped, we should have moved him central again and bring in one of Nelson/Martinelli to be our wide left option.

That’s simply not true. He’s been an out and out striker for the vast majority of his career including at the very highest level in the champions league. He was signed by Dortmund as a direct replacement for Lewandowski and achieved a better gpg record as a centre forward.

The guy has literally built a career on making runs off the shoulder of the last defender and is capable of a 30-40 goal season if used correctly.

He was on a run of something like 10 goals in 10 games while Lacazette was injured for Arsenal. Literally no excuse for changing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom