• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd still have RVP as the best since Henry, but I wouldn't be surprised if Aubameyang surpasses him.
It’s funny, but rvp doesn’t spring to mind when I think of past Arsenal strikers—not sure why that is... Rvp is obviously the better footballer and you can’t even argue with his best season here, as he was prolific. I do think that numbers wise, PEA is a safer bet for goals though, because he’s more of a poacher. It just looks like goals will always come easy to him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

His movement in the box makes me optimistic of that.. #1 trait to be a great goalscorer is consistently getting at the end of chances (and a high number of shots) and Auba has that. I recall reading Dortmund fans saying he was quite wasteful, but got such a high volume of chances that he still scored a lot. He's been quite clinical here though, may that continue.

I think he can for sure , he's proven it over and over at Dortmund .

Bergkamp1988

Nevertheless, I'd exchange Aubameyang for 28yr old Van Persie any day.
Rvp was just the perfect Arsenal player / striker. Other than his scoring ability, His first touch, creativity, vision, passing were off the charts. Miles away from Auba.

That being said. I think Auba will easely reach the 20 - 25 goals in the PL next season (provided he doesn't get injured and we don't sign Mourinho for the manager position) . But won't be as useful in possession and build up as RVP

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I recall reading Dortmund fans saying he was quite wasteful, but got such a high volume of chances that he still scored a lot. He's been quite clinical here though, may that continue.
Bundesliga watching mate told me the same thing so if he remains as clinical as he has been then he’s going to match or surpass his Dortmund numbers. A 25 league goal striker could lead to things I’m too scared to type.

Fingers crossed.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Thread title still not sitting right with me, I mean I get it, but does the pun come at expense of logic?

I mean, why would he make himself great again? When did he stop being great? He had his breakthrough season a few years ago and hasn’t stopped banging them in since.

Just saying man, just saying.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Thread title still not sitting right with me, I mean I get it, but does the pun come at expense of logic?

I mean, why would he make himself great again? When did he stop being great? He had his breakthrough season a few years ago and hasn’t stopped banging them in since.

This sounds like a very serious issue. If you wouldn't mind writing up a ten-page report on the logistics of this title and it's potential replacements, we'd be extremely appreciative.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It’s funny, but rvp doesn’t spring to mind when I think of past Arsenal strikers—not sure why that is... Rvp is obviously the better footballer and you can’t even argue with his best season here, as he was prolific. I do think that numbers wise, PEA is a safer bet for goals though, because he’s more of a poacher. It just looks like goals will always come easy to him.

Judas could make more happen out of nothing tho. A useful trait to have when we've been playing narrow for years

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This sounds like a very serious issue. If you wouldn't mind writing up a ten-page report on the logistics of this title and it's potential replacements, we'd be extremely appreciative.
Will get back to you mate.

Bergkamp1988

Bundesliga watching mate told me the same thing so if he remains as clinical as he has been then he’s going to match or surpass his Dortmund numbers. A 25 league goal striker could lead to things I’m too scared to type.

Fingers crossed.

".. Could lead to things I'm too scared to type" Made me laugh a lot.

Also you're right about the pun. It's clever but not factual.

I for one am glad you started this mutiny.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Dam that alot of money. I don't understand why agent and player ask a lot of money when he start games we win I mean 200K a week is not enough?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I think it's a very good effort. The pun is too good to let something like his last season at Dortmund--numbers wise--being too decent so as to render the pun illogical or whatever. We all know he was never a failure, but the pun works if you only just let it. Basically, STFU before I find you on road and rob your trainers off you.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom