• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
4-3-1-2

Goalie
Bellerin - Defender - Defender - Kolasinac
Xhaka
Mkhitaryan - Midfielder
Özil
Lacazette - Aubameyang
This is the only team we can out if we didn't buy wingers. Offensive we are great if we improved our defense and brought a midfielder and GK we'll be good next season.

Stannis

Nah total rubbish.

Probably as a whole, but there is some truth to this imo.

PEA didn't take a massive pay rise coming here which surprised me given he probably would have known that Özil was gonna resign on megabucks

Similarly, Miki is on the same wage here that he was at United. Now I don't think Riola is as big of a scumbag as people make him out to be (or at least compared to Mendez) but all agents love the money. I'm sure there was some bonuses attached.

IslingtonBornandbred

Nah total rubbish.

You seen where the info came from? De Spiegel and "Football Leaks".

They're the football "wiki"leak" guys who have leaked loads of stuff about Messi and Ronaldo's tax affairs and loads of their leaks and information have lead to banning orders, court cases and general contract and transfer fee details. They got hold of the Bale to Madrid documents including his contract. They're the real deal in my opinion.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Probably as a whole, but there is some truth to this imo.

PEA didn't take a massive pay rise coming here which surprised me given he probably would have known that Özil was gonna resign on megabucks

Similarly, Miki is on the same wage here that he was at United. Now I don't think Riola is as big of a scumbag as people make him out to be (or at least compared to Mendez) but all agents love the money. I'm sure there was some bonuses attached.

Interesting, thought I read somewhere Auba was below the 100 k mark per week Salary at Dortmund closer to 70 .

Definitely some bonuses attached I agree , but 18.2 million signing on fee and then a bonus 60000 pounds everytime we win :confused: . Is that why we haven't won an away game since he signed :lol: . Starting to understand the 50 mill budget if this actually happened .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Auba is like an Inzaghi with pace and dribbling, I love it. Long may it continue.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
What did you think he would come to some team in the dumps just for the love of it? Remember when City were seriously in for him as well but were getting quoted 270k wages or something?

Of course with our situation we had to over pay, otherwise why would he even bother coming here to play Europa League next year during his prime years?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it's a very good effort. The pun is too good to let something like his last season at Dortmund--numbers wise--being too decent so as to render the pun illogical or whatever. We all know he was never a failure, but the pun works if you only just let it. Basically, STFU before I find you on road and rob your trainers off you.
:(

Understood.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
The obsession with 4312... It's a formation that is easily exploited by width and in a league where wing play is overused... I feel like it could be a disaster. Not counting the fact that playing narrow hasn't been very productive for us. Could be wrong, a manager could come in and play 4312 to get the best out of our attack and balance out our team.

Aubameyang has played well on the left, I don't see the obsession with having to play a 2 striker formation. He could still play on the wing and cut into the no. 9 position as he has when he played there.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
The obsession with 4312... It's a formation that is easily exploited by width and in a league where wing play is overused... I feel like it could be a disaster. Not counting the fact that playing narrow hasn't been very productive for us. Could be wrong, a manager could come in and play 4312 to get the best out of our attack and balance out our team.

Aubameyang has played well on the left, I don't see the obsession with having to play a 2 striker formation. He could still play on the wing and cut into the no. 9 position as he has when he played there.

i agree on 4312. think PL is disaster for such formation, if not done perfectly, and we are not set up perfectly for it. those 2 cm’s playing as side midfielders must be workhorses and we just don't have such.
tactics are a beautiful thing, you can make everything work well, so necer say never,.. I would like to see us transform into it at times, but not stick to it, especially not defend in that shape

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wonder how Arteta will use him, you'd think Arteta would favour 4-3-3 so does that mean Auba starts over Laca, or Laca plays out wide or more likely Auba plays out wide? It'll be interesting to see how he uses the two of them and if they can co-exist in his system. His ability to get in behind is a key attribute regardless of whether he's put through the centre or out wide. If it is slightly wide, then Lacazette dropping deep could drag a defender out of position slightly giving Auba just enough space to get into to really punish the opposition.

Alternative if he's central then he could have a similar role to Jesus has at City using his energy, pressing and ruthlessness in the box as a focal point for our attack.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Beast of a striker this lad. Terrifying pace. Perfect “Arsenal” striker. Not for a second comparing the two but he genuinely reminds me of Titi at times. Especially with 14 on the back.

Our new gaffer will be delighted with his attacking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom