• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Fulham | Saturday 27th August 2022 | KO 17:30 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1661199887742.png
Another one on Sky as the world can’t wait to see our finest Swiss chocolate football but can we make it 4 W’s on the bounce:

361E8268-036F-496A-9D54-FD3012CDC705.jpeg

Last 3 games for Fulham:

23F98B1F-2AF8-4F7F-8E4B-86E8AA173B24.jpeg

With their main dangerman being Mitrovic, it will be interesting to see how Saliba deals with him as he’s on hot form right now (Palhinha has looked very solid too):

2975C92B-A7FF-4B6A-A37C-D6C186233179.jpeg

The team picks itself, so I don’t see any reason to change unless there are injury concerns. We’ll have too much for Fulham and Gabriel Jesus will score 2 in this one imo.

Going for a 3-0 win with Leno helping our title charge with an OG 🔴⚪

tumblr_oansl4VSwC1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Couldn't watch Gabriel’s celebrations. The way Leno fell to the floor and how the ref was acting seemed certain to be overturned.
Yeees. I felt exactly this 100%! It just seemed like it was going to be turned over for some nonsensical VAR BS as always.

Maybe a new dawn is truly here. Or maybe VAR is waiting to screw us over in a much more painful way.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is a thread about yesterday's game. There are threads for the Wenger debates. He left over four years ago. Why not use them for their purpose instead of cluttering up current threads?
Because this behaviour is tolerated, encouraged and even rewarded here.

Spoiler: It will continue for the entire season.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Great result. Other teams will make a resurgence. I think the next phase of our transition will be how we go from feeling the need to throw on 5 CBs to hold on to a 1 goal lead against Fulham to throwing on another AM to kill them off.
What? It was an important game and we had just taken the lead with 5 minutes to go. Doing otherwise is just silly and irresponsible at that level.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rubbish. That defence finished 12th in 1995, they were drinking a lot too. The thing is Arsène didn't need to get all his own team, he worked with what he had and licked them into shape. It was only later he broke them up and built an even better defence that had an invincible run
1995 was a weird season. Graham was sacked early in the new year iirc as doped Blackburn won the title. I can't even remember who was in charge for the rest of the year. Pat Rice maybe so 12th wasn't a surprise. Rioch in 1996 got us to 5th with as someone said, the best defensive record but we were poor. It was too much for Hill-Wood who sacked Rioch refusing to get in touch! That defence broke up quite organically with Keown scraping in as an Invincible. The team Arteta inherited were pound for pound inferior players but not as bad as the Silvestre, Squillaci days imo. The insta culture today means Arteta had less time to work with what he had and in truth, I'm pretty sure he didn't want to anyway. This is the last time we get yo bin our surplus so ruthlessly so he'll have to coach more individuals better than he has so far.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to the game, i was pleased with how we came back. The drop off in quality at CM can't go on too long though. Whilst it didn't directly cost us yesterday, there seemed to be more passes backwards and we looked laboured at times. I was afraid we'd revert in to our shells but thankfully, Ode didn't let us as he pressed forward relentlessly abd dragged the rest along with him. There wasn't a bad performance apart from individual sloppy moments which has been the cause of all the goals we've conceded. Happily, every player making the error has had a quick redemption. Fingers crossed, we get players fit asap as there's not enough to play a whole second string in thec EL atm. On to Villa and another 3 points 🙏. COYG

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is a thread about yesterday's game. There are threads for the Wenger debates. He left over four years ago. Why not use them for their purpose instead of cluttering up current threads?
If you think this is going away any time soon, you’re sadly mistaken. Lol. It was one of the mods who posted Arteta’s win rate versus Wenger after the game and I gave a short comment that Wenger had fewer loses. True to form the Wenger haters piled in with stuff about inheriting Graham’s defence and other stuff. And so it went on.

The divisions are deep and will likely continue.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Listen to him absolutely fuming. :lol: Can't tell me there's not an agenda against us in the media.

Wow, he just pure admitted he finds Arteta annoying and started ****ting on him…very professional!

Hope this clown eats his words this year.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
1995 was a weird season. Graham was sacked early in the new year iirc as doped Blackburn won the title. I can't even remember who was in charge for the rest of the year. Pat Rice maybe so 12th wasn't a surprise. Rioch in 1996 got us to 5th with as someone said, the best defensive record but we were poor. It was too much for Hill-Wood who sacked Rioch refusing to get in touch! That defence broke up quite organically with Keown scraping in as an Invincible. The team Arteta inherited were pound for pound inferior players but not as bad as the Silvestre, Squillaci days imo. The insta culture today means Arteta had less time to work with what he had and in truth, I'm pretty sure he didn't want to anyway. This is the last time we get yo bin our surplus so ruthlessly so he'll have to coach more individuals better than he has so far.

Stewart Houston :)

That was the Nayim in the Cup Winners Cup final season too 😭

Tom Mix

If you think this is going away any time soon, you’re sadly mistaken. Lol. It was one of the mods who posted Arteta’s win rate versus Wenger after the game and I gave a short comment that Wenger had fewer loses. True to form the Wenger haters piled in with stuff about inheriting Graham’s defence and other stuff. And so it went on.

The divisions are deep and will likely continue.
I am politely saying that this is not the right thread for this discussion. I was one of Wenger's strongest supporters anywhere but I don't feel the need to rise to the bait every time some troll wants to bring up the past inappropriately. I find the best way of dealing with trolls is ignoring them or putting them on "ignore". Trolls live off reactions and when they don't get them they probably go off to their toilets to masturbate into a sock or do whatever trolls do when no-one gives a faeces for their boring provocations.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I am politely saying that this is not the right thread for this discussion. I was one of Wenger's strongest supporters anywhere but I don't feel the need to rise to the bait every time some troll wants to bring up the past inappropriately. I find the best way of dealing with trolls is ignoring them or putting them on "ignore". Trolls live off reactions and when they don't get them they probably go off to their toilets to masturbate into a sock or do whatever trolls do when no-one gives a faeces for their boring provocations.
This forum is crammed with trolls, and mostly it’s for banter. People enjoy the cut and thrust and the humour. If everybody just said ‘isn’t the team doing well’. This place would be duller than a Chekhov play.

Tom Mix

This forum is crammed with trolls, and mostly it’s for banter. People enjoy the cut and thrust and the humour. If everybody just said ‘isn’t the team doing well’. This place would be duller than a Chekhov play.
Sure. But if you see a Chekhov play advertised you can choose not to go to it (you should try "Ivanov" if you haven't seen it) but when you click on a match thread you don't expect it to be endless re-runs of Wenger v The Blob.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What? It was an important game and we had just taken the lead with 5 minutes to go. Doing otherwise is just silly and irresponsible at that level.
Every game is important but at some point we’ve got to figure out how to move through the gears more effectively. This isn’t us going 1 up with 5 minutes to go at Anfield, it’s a newly promoted side at home.

I’m nitpicking here - it’s about how we evolve not necessarily resolve.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We are a different team this season I feel, not many times within the past 10 seasons would we have been able to win 4/4 & make a comeback win from last night. There is still a long time to go in this season, we may not get the title & undefeated like our invincibles years ago but I still feel we'll probably get top 4 if these guys keep going well & we remain injury free.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We need two midfielders more than we need a winger or a striker. Our midfield needs both an attack minded mid and a guy that can slot into DM. Gos forbid Ode gets hurt we will have zero service to the forwards. And we are also one Partey injury from Farmer Mo starting. We don’t need a forward but we do need 2 midfielders

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We need two midfielders more than we need a winger or a striker. Our midfield needs both an attack minded mid and a guy that can slot into DM. Gos forbid Ode gets hurt we will have zero service to the forwards. And we are also one Partey injury from Farmer Mo starting. We don’t need a forward but we do need 2 midfielders

We have Fabio Vieira :lol:. You can be forgiven for forgetting but he's a creative player who can occupy a few positions.

I think we need a wide player and a CM however. Could be a plus if we sign a wide player that can play up front also. I'm not quite sure what our plan is for Marquinhos, but ESR is our only realistic cover for wide positions as Nelson's future is up in the air.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We have Fabio Vieira :lol:. You can be forgiven for forgetting but he's a creative player who can occupy a few positions.

I think we need a wide player and a CM however. Could be a plus if we sign a wide player that can play up front also. I'm not quite sure what our plan is for Marquinhos, but ESR is our only realistic cover for wide positions as Nelson's future is up in the air.
We have Viera but I haven’t seen him and he is from what I hear more a winger who can play CAM. Our attack was starved of service last year. Our problems in midfield runs deep. Last season we were 12th in big chances created that is barely mid table. Plus Viera is very young I want a player ready to play or potentially start now.

My dream would be to get Asencio and Mckennie. I don’t know why we are not in for him. He can literally play well and has at every position but striker, CBs, and goalkeeper; to me we need a versatile guy to play all over the place like White or Xinchenko or Tomy. Asencio and Mckennie both can and have played as wide forwards for their clubs while being able to play in midfield. Let’s go total Dutch style we need a couple of Phillip Cocus and De Boers to shuffle into multiple spots and not be a drop off in either position. There my two signings are two wingers or two midfielders or either or; Mckennie is not pricey and Asencio shouldn’t be too bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom