• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Fulham | Saturday 27th August 2022 | KO 17:30 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1661199887742.png
Another one on Sky as the world can’t wait to see our finest Swiss chocolate football but can we make it 4 W’s on the bounce:

361E8268-036F-496A-9D54-FD3012CDC705.jpeg

Last 3 games for Fulham:

23F98B1F-2AF8-4F7F-8E4B-86E8AA173B24.jpeg

With their main dangerman being Mitrovic, it will be interesting to see how Saliba deals with him as he’s on hot form right now (Palhinha has looked very solid too):

2975C92B-A7FF-4B6A-A37C-D6C186233179.jpeg

The team picks itself, so I don’t see any reason to change unless there are injury concerns. We’ll have too much for Fulham and Gabriel Jesus will score 2 in this one imo.

Going for a 3-0 win with Leno helping our title charge with an OG 🔴⚪

tumblr_oansl4VSwC1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This comment is a bit off bro. Who throws on another AM after going ahead in the 85th minute? We already were playing ultra attacking with 3 defenders from minute 60 and Martinelli/Saka occupying the left back space. Tomi came on to rectify that after going ahead, then Holding for the injury time aerial bombardment.
I don’t think you’re understanding my point.

There’s nothing wrong with what we did in that specific game at that specific time for that specific situation.

What I’d LIKE to see eventually in the next stage of our evolution is us having an option off the bench to increase our control of the game as a means of securing a result as opposed to simply barricading our goal and holding on for dear life.

If we are trying to be an elite European team and challenge the likes of Bayern Munich again we need to have that capability in our arsenal

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Whilst we’re having this conversation, Spam sign Pacqueta. By all accounts a hybrid who can cover positions. I mean, media taking about title contenders, but we actually just started Elneny because TP (again) was injured.
Yes but we just started El Neny in league and are a dodgy Partey leg from him starting full time. Let that sink in and tell me you don’t think Mckennie could help. By the way I am the most antiAmerican dude you can find with a blue passport so I don’t recommend him on patriotism, if he can do a job for us at a price he can be Beelzebub from the nether regions of hell as long as he isn’t a locker room killing distraction is but all day at 30-35 million. I tend to dislike people more than you when I find out they are American, and I am according to the IRS and passport a holder of that “distinction”.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don’t think you’re understanding my point.

There’s nothing wrong with what we did in that specific game at that specific time for that specific situation.

What I’d LIKE to see eventually in the next stage of our evolution is us having an option off the bench to increase our control of the game as a means of securing a result as opposed to simply barricading our goal and holding on for dear life.

If we are trying to be an elite European team and challenge the likes of Bayern Munich again we need to have that capability in our arsenal
Oh ok so not applicable to the last game. I think we have a couple of those options, Arteta prefers throwing on defenders

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We have definitely had an issue in the past with going too defensive after going 1-0 up but it’s slowly been ironed out of our game imo.

However, when you’re trying to maintain a 100% record and you finally take the lead with 5 minutes to go it doesn’t matter if it’s the champions of england or the bottom of the table championship team. You 100% sure up the defence and lock in the victory.

I agree with your overall point, just thought it was a strange time to bring it up.

Yes agreed we needed to do what we needed to do for that result. I get the whole game by game approach - just wanting to think bigger picture.

I feel like early in the season while we have a generous run of fixtures and a largely fully fit best XI is the ideal time to look at how to expand our capabilities.

We can seek ways to improve without reacting emotionally to defeat.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Keys is still bitter about it, talk about being rattled :lol:

Also referred to Bernd as Jay Leno 🤣
Ooph. They’ve really tailed off haven't they. I felt while watching it that De Jong was the only sane person in the room.

Talk about dinosaurs completely out of touch with the game, bring in Souness to the panel while you’re at it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Ooph. They’ve really tailed off haven't they. I felt while watching it that De Jong was the only sane person in the room.

Talk about dinosaurs completely out of touch with the game, bring in Souness to the panel while you’re at it.
This celebration police stuff from football pundits is so tedious. Let the team and fans enjoy hard fought wins and draws! If we cannot allow fans and players to enjoy themselves why even play the games? Such grumpy old man syndrome!

Pulp

Pundits talking nonsense as always. The only reaction a fan should care about is how the team handles a loss. If the Arsenal players were laughing after getting beaten, then I would be mad first and foremost, but also worried.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
@lomekian

This has been discussed in length on here and on the internet. Arsène drastically improved Graham's defence by all the stats, then swapped it out for a much better one which had the only un beaten season on record. These are facts.
That's simply untrue 🤣
You do realise we only conceded 17 goals in 98/99 Arsène never got near that even with the invincibles.
I never see the point in comparing two great managers and pitting them against each other like Wenger haters love to do. In their own way they were both excellent.
No true Arsenal fan hates Wenger it's simply a myth of your own one eyed agenda.

You frankly seem obsessed & appear quite bitter that the club & fans moved on after more than 20 years under Arsène. He is/was a great man/manager but things end.
Arteta didn't have to rip anything up and start from scratch, the team he inherited had come 5th the previous season. Ofourse his supporters want to say the Bellerin was worse than Tomi, Leno worse than Ramsdale, Sokratis worse than White. But he already had Saliba and Tierney. Arteta chose to bring in Mari and Luiz, which did nothing for him, except take him backwards.
We finished 5th but lost our best player that season in Ramsey. We were a club lacking direction with a largely ageing squad most could see we were on the slide big time. Emery didn't leave us in 5th fact.

If you don't think we needed to & havent upgraded on Bellerin/Leno & Sokratis I honestly don't know what to say 🤣

Saliba benefited by playing week in week out last season.
Arteta didn't bring in Luiz 🤣 & whilst Mari wasn't the answer he was a fairly low fee punt not a big money flop like say Mustafi.

Some transfers don't work out & that is true across the board with all clubs & managers.

The bottom line here is one thing . . . Arteta has been given a huge amount of financial support to make mistakes and swap out players, almost at will, to find a team that works. Very few managers in the history of the prem have ever had that luxury. Lets celebrate it instead of knocking previous managers.
Yes Arteta has been supported with very good financial backing but so have lots of other managers in the prem. You make it sound like pep or klopp worked on a shoestring & never spent big money to get their squads in place? 🤔
I mean Conte hasn't spent massively since taking over at Sp**s has he? All Man U managers don't get backed & obviously Chelsea never spend any money 🤣

Tom Mix

Meanwhile Liverpool are on 5 points from 4 games but because they thrash a bunch of yokels on their way back to the championship their friends in the media compare them to peak Brazil. Plus ca change as Arsène might say.

D

Deleted member 102404

PL refs have been briefed to allow the game to be more physical, is just is what it is.

Refereeing decisions have a minuscule impact on results versus team performance, especially over 38 games.
As long as they allow games to be more physical for BOTH teams. I wonder how many can put hand in heart and say they think that is the case?

Referee decisions have a huge impact on a season IF there is bias (which it’s pretty clear there is, IMO)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

No true Arsenal fan hates Wenger it's simply a myth of your own one eyed agenda.
Lol. Oh yeah, so what made you write this in the match thread.

True but Arsène lucked out big time by walking into the best back 5 in the league.
If he had walked into the shambles defence Arteta had to deal with Arsenes magic attacking dust would not have been as successful.

This is clearly an uncalled for swipe at Wenger to praise Arteta. You either can’t get over the fact that Wenger did on a shoe string what Arteta hasn’t been able to do without a stack of money or you’re just a WUM trying to kick off another Wenger debate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They seriously still going with over celebrating thing?

Okay Arsenal don't celebrate even if you win trophy don't celebrate.

You know what if you score goal next games just apologize.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Lol. Oh yeah, so what made you write this in the match thread.

This is clearly an uncalled for swipe at Wenger to praise Arteta. You either can’t get over the fact that Wenger did on a shoe string what Arteta hasn’t been able to do without a stack of money or you’re just a WUM trying to kick off another Wenger debate.
You brought Arsène into the match thread my one eyed chum🤪

Its just a simple fact that Arsène walked into the best back 5 in Arsenal history🤣.

Maybe we should admire ur unswerving desire to bring Arsène into every thread on the forum without fail?

I mean I'm sure if you went on a cooking msg board you would find a way to say that Arsène would have iced the buns better & make wonderful cakes without having to spend on ingredients!!🤣😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom