• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs West Ham | 05/04/2017| 19:45 BST

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
slightly harsh - i was thinking W Ham were going to be crossing the ball into Carroll all night but let's face it we didn't give them the chance - so that's surely down to us keeping the ball well (except for Sanchez..)

i'll admit Xhaka was given a lot of space though and it could be people will look to close him down more in future

the real test will be Palace away - if we win that i'll start to believe we can make the sacred Top Four place...
I don't think it's harsh at all. That's why they don't see a lot of the ball against good teams, and that's also why we don't win those games. So the the level of opposition when we're talking about the performances of Elneny, Xhaka or our midfield as a unit, is clearly a big factor. I wish it did, but the season didn't start last night.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Well I prefer Koscielny since he is a CB and one of our main players. Theo having it was just that a decision had to be taken due to absentees and since he is our longest serving player in a good age and in a good state playing wise.
I prefer Koscielny too, I mean everybody wants a vocal hardman as our captain, but we don't have one, and Koscielny is just like Walcott, a senior experienced player with a good personality.

mm76

Yer Da
He has been doing that for most of the season though. Trust me when I say that there was a point I would genuinely be elated if we'd release him from his contract. He was bad and I hated him. Not this season though. You have to be fair.

sure i'm not as anti-him as a lot of people, I was just saying why they are hard to win round to him

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I don't think it's harsh at all. That's why they don't see a lot of the ball against good teams, and that's also why we don't win those games. So the the level of opposition when we're talking about the performances of Elneny, Xhaka or our midfield as a unit, is clearly a big factor. I wish it did, but the season didn't start last night.
Its a big factor no doubt, I agree West Ham were bad but you can't deny our midfield as a unit and three midfielders(Özil, Xhaka and Elneny) played very efficient either making it difficult for them. There have been few games you see a well balanced game from us and specially from the midfield 3. And you can't deny the impact and influence of Elneny in helping Xhaka and Özil as well as the CBs in controlling how the game went. West Ham still had good players on themselves and yet their influence on the game was close to zero. Elneny, Xhaka and Özil haven't played together much during the season too.

OSBK

Established Member
Thought neny gave our midfield exactly what it needed. Neny is not the most creative but very composed on the ball and very high work rate. His positioning was spot on and when closing down the keeper he was sprinting back to his position. His ball retention was outstanding and his understanding with the other players was good. Was refreshing to watch and was not worried at all whilst he was on the pitch. Quality game last night.

Needs to start against palace

OSBK

Established Member
I don't like how overboard some of us go to bash Walcott without any reason and despite him being one of our most productive players this term. And him getting the armband last night wasn't really a big deal since he is our longest serving player. I had my doubts but he carried himself very well yesterday and our most dangerous players yesterday.

Its more frustration. When you see him take the ball and fly past people or when he roams and pops up where you dont expect him. The frustrating part is we dont see that anywhere near enough, his goals this season have been great but if he could maintain that form every game then wow.

A great performance last night, the link up with neny and bellerin was fantastic.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Its more frustration. When you see him take the ball and fly past people or when he roams and pops up where you dont expect him. The frustrating part is we dont see that anywhere near enough, his goals this season have been great but if he could maintain that form every game then wow.

A great performance last night, the link up with neny and bellerin was fantastic.
Yeah, he is very frustrating but at some point you have to consider his limitations and accept him. His talent for a footballer is not the greatest and has many weaknesses but you have to appreciate his productivity. He actually added to his game this season instead of accepting mediocrity of last season like working on his defensive game, aggression and strength. And its not his fault that he is a regular starter here- imo we should get a better player and rotate with Theo on RW-but he does his bit. Specially this season he has been one of our most productive players.

Topps

NEW & IMPROVED- Arsenal vs West Ham 3-0 Review 5th April 2017 via @YouTube #Arsenal #Özil #Walcott #sanchez

blaise

I don't like how overboard some of us go to bash Walcott without any reason and despite him being one of our most productive players this term. And him getting the armband last night wasn't really a big deal since he is our longest serving player. I had my doubts but he carried himself very well yesterday and our most dangerous players yesterday.

Walcott is still very useful player, but he is not starting material for a wing, we need to buy two proper wingers when we sell Sanchez. I mean we are playing formation with two wingers who often hugh touchline and we have one true winger in a team who we ll sell in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom