• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs West Ham | 05/04/2017| 19:45 BST

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Walcott is still very useful player, but he is not starting material for a wing, we need to buy two proper wingers when we sell Sanchez. I mean we are playing formation with two wingers who often hugh touchline and we have one true winger in a team who we ll sell in summer.
Trouble is, Walcott is not a game changer, somebody like Henry who could have a bad game and still come up with the winner.

karl

Walcott is still very useful player, but he is not starting material for a wing, we need to buy two proper wingers when we sell Sanchez. I mean we are playing formation with two wingers who often hugh touchline and we have one true winger in a team who we ll sell in summer.
I wouldn't call them wingers in our formation. The full-backs do more of that, which is why the defence are caught out so much and another reason 3 at the back works well for some teams.

Walcott is having a good season for the first time in a long time and is showing signs of finally understanding he needs to make the effort. He is not even playing for a new contract. It is highly unlikely there will be a whole new front line in next season. The best you could hope for is one great central striker; and that is not exactly a given at a club like Arsenal.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The penalty decision on Nacho was a disgrace. The tackle was a shocker and he should've been booked. How on earth he escaped punishment and we never got a penalty is well and truly beyond me.

karl

Exactly, and because we won the match so convincingly, the ineptness of the referee will be swept under the carpet. Two penalties were denied.
Roll on video refs. It is these obvious decisions we need to be called correctly.

OSBK

Established Member
Yeah, he is very frustrating but at some point you have to consider his limitations and accept him. His talent for a footballer is not the greatest and has many weaknesses but you have to appreciate his productivity. He actually added to his game this season instead of accepting mediocrity of last season like working on his defensive game, aggression and strength. And its not his fault that he is a regular starter here- imo we should get a better player and rotate with Theo on RW-but he does his bit. Specially this season he has been one of our most productive players.

Its a shame because once every 5 games or so he will go a mazy run and beat 2-3 players with ease. If only he would try that every game, but your right we have to accept what we have.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Atkinson saw the penalty, he looks to be in the perfect position. I think he decided to go easy on them considering the game was over, quite a few refs seem to do this.
It's usually the other way around with Arsenal. We tend to get the decisions we deserve when the match is practically over as a contest, so the ref can save himself. I'm sure the club will send a DVD to the FA. We should have a few pens in the bank after that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Its a big factor no doubt, I agree West Ham were bad but you can't deny our midfield as a unit and three midfielders(Özil, Xhaka and Elneny) played very efficient either making it difficult for them. There have been few games you see a well balanced game from us and specially from the midfield 3. And you can't deny the impact and influence of Elneny in helping Xhaka and Özil as well as the CBs in controlling how the game went. West Ham still had good players on themselves and yet their influence on the game was close to zero. Elneny, Xhaka and Özil haven't played together much during the season too.
They did what they were allowed to do, and what they are not allowed to do against better opposition. If they were allowed to do it against better opposition, the two would have played more games together than they have done, and we wouldn't be 5th!!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's usually the other way around with Arsenal. We tend to get the decisions we deserve when the match is practically over as a contest, so the ref can save himself. I'm sure the club will send a DVD to the FA. We should have a few pens in the bank after that.
Big Sam buried the linesman after the Palace game last night. Reckon he's guaranteed them a pen or red card against us on Monday.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Well..we can keep those pitchforks down for now..but don't let go of them yet..the Wenger stay announcement is coming soon...:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Big Sam buried the linesman after the Palace game last night. Reckon he's guaranteed them a pen or red card against us on Monday.
You know you've been bent over when even West Ham fans are saying we should have had at least another two penalties, as a few I know were. As long as we get something back--anything--it's never a bad thing to get away with 3 points after you've clearly been robbed.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
They did what they were allowed to do, and what they are not allowed to do against better opposition. If they were allowed to do it against better opposition, the two would have played more games together than they have done, and we wouldn't be 5th!!
Well, given what dear Wenger has been up to its difficult to say not playing them was a decision to be admired so readily imo. And since I've been consistent with the idea that Xhaka-Elneny could form a functioning partnership....I'll be consistent with the idea till it shows it won't work.

We'd need improving on Elneny in the summer of course unless he improves to the point of being undroppable- I doubt he will reach that level but..- but for me we'd comfortably be in the top four with him partnering Xhaka from early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom