• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Line up is not bad at all. ,would have douzy on the bench. Applaud Iwobi fir Ramsey

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The past couple of seasons we've matched up against Chelsea pretty well. No need to try to throw away this game.
He's not throwing the game away? Iwobi started in two draws at Stamford Bridge last season, Xhaka scored the winner in the LC SF and Özil played well both times against them at the Emirates. It's a bit of experimentation but it's not like he's chucked it by starting a bunch of youth players.
Let those teams know that even with the changes Arsenal are still a team to be reckoned with.
Doubt that makes a difference tbh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think the backlash to the lineup is more due to the fact that underperformers are not losing their place and the fear is they will underperform again. Xhaka and Mhkitaryan come to mind. Could add Özil to that but realistically he's not gonna get dropped.

I can't say I'm too upset at the lineup but it's a weird one considering it's an away game at Chelsea - I at least thought Torreira would get a start. However, I like some things - Guendouzi and Iwobi starting is pretty good. I hope Xhaka and Mhki are much better than last week.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So many drama queens in here. Emery is much more proactive during games than Wenger, so if something isn't working, he'll change it. This is the strongest bench I've seen in a very long time.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Only saw the highlights of he City game, but Guendouzi was poor for both goals, especially the first.. We can't afford mistakes like that and it's a big ask to expect him to hold his own against that Chelsea midfield.. Torreira should have started with/instead of him..

He was the only midfielder who passed he ball forward. Ramsey was up playing CF and Xhaka can't turn with the ball when pressed. Cech had the most the second most touches for a reason.

Unless you want to watch the CBs and Cech make triangles all game we need Guendouzi in there if we want to get out of our own half.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
He's not throwing the game away? Iwobi started in two draws at Stamford Bridge last season, Xhaka scored the winner in the LC SF and Özil played well both times against them at the Emirates. It's a bit of experimentation but it's not like he's chucked it by starting a bunch of youth players.

Doubt that makes a difference tbh.
The thing is, starting Xhaka can easily turn a winnable game into one we lose.

And the mental aspect does make a whole lot of difference. When teams go up against City and Liverpool, they expect to lose. That expectation leaves teams to have some pretty easy matches. Fergie's United had that about them as well. Managers would just give away the game before it even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom