• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

Cech can’t start, disaster waiting to happen . If Monreal is fit , play Lichy at the 2 and sit Bellerin on the bench to watch how the game is played. No Ramsey, no Xhaka, Torreira at the base 6, Matteo at the 8 and Zil at the 10, Auba 11 and Lacca t the 9

Keplaz

What happened to Cohen Bramall? With no left backs this should have been the making of him, like it was for Hector.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No room for Iwobi in place of Mkhitaryan lads or even Ramsey ? Alex gives that extra security in terms of possession .
I'd get Iwobi in, doing the same thing Ramsey did.

hard to believe that Iwobi cannot run around pressing guys for 45 minutes.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd get Iwobi in, doing the same thing Ramsey did.

hard to believe that Iwobi cannot run around pressing guys for 45 minutes.

Stronger in 50/50's than either and did a stellar job on Moses last season away as well.

Giroud12

Whats the status on Wele? In those big away game hes quite useful with his work rate, as long as he keeps it simple and dont try anything fancy. With our high pressing he should be a perfect fit also.

Would like to see

-------Auba-Laca---------
Welbeck----Ramsey----Mkhi/Iwobi
----------Torreira------------

Never happening though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm surprised so many are dropping Douzi. If Emery trusted him to play 90 mins vs the PL Champions, then surely he wont drop him the following week. That would send out a negative message to Douzi, we're not in the Wenger era anymore and I expect him to start.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What happened to Cohen Bramall? With no left backs this should have been the making of him, like it was for Hector.
He couldn't play in Championship but you would like him to play against Chelsea, away?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm surprised so many are dropping Douzi. If Emery trusted him to play 90 mins vs the PL Champions, then surely he wont drop him the following week. That would send out a negative message to Douzi, we're not in the Wenger era anymore and I expect him to start.
He is the easiest target, if Ramsey or Özil gets dropped, there will be a lot of unhappy fans. You can scroll through their threads, you could get a feeling that we have Messi and Ronaldo on our books.
If something goes wrong after you dropped Ramsey or Özil, too many questions will rise and that's not ideal scenario for Emery at this point. If Chelsea piss on our heads like City did, we can just make excuses that more time is needed which is much better than the first option.
This mess should have been cleared before the season started.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He is the easiest target, if Ramsey or Özil gets dropped, there will be a lot of unhappy fans. You can scroll through their threads, you could get a feeling that we have Messi and Ronaldo on our books.
If something goes wrong after you dropped Ramsey or Özil, too many questions will rise and that's not ideal scenario for Emery at this point. If Chelsea piss on our heads like City did, we can just make excuses that more time is needed which is much better than the first option.
This mess should have been cleared before the season started.

I wouldn't drop Ramsey or Özil though, I'd play 4-3-3 / 4-3-2-1 with Ramsey - Torreira - Douzi in the middle, Auba - Laca - Özil attack. Anyway, Emery shouldn't be thinking about what the fans want.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
And Emery was wrong to trust him in such a big match, proved by the mistakes he made. I like him but would prefer he be developed against teams where we have the leeway to get away with a few messups. I applaud Emery for having the guts to start him, but he's continued making the same mistakes that he did in the preseason and his offensive contribution isnt enough to make up for it. I'd like to drop Xhaka too, but he's the only physical player we have and we'd be left with no muscle at CM without him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

b5ydBSL.png

I'd go for something like this. My first thought was Ramsey might be too ill disciplined to play back there but Xhaka was such garbage it can't be any worse. Iwobi offers more against a side like Chelsea than Mkhi. Put Özil where he is best suited to feed our two forwards. Get Iwobi to be defensive when we are off the ball.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
And Emery was wrong to trust him in such a big match, proved by the mistakes he made. I like him but would prefer he be developed against teams where we have the leeway to get away with a few messups. I applaud Emery for having the guts to start him, but he's continued making the same mistakes that he did in the preseason and his offensive contribution isnt enough to make up for it. I'd like to drop Xhaka too, but he's the only physical player we have and we'd be left with no muscle at CM without him.

I didn't expect him to start either but as I said Emery kept him on for 90 mins, his positives must have out-weighed his negatives otherwise Emery would have subbed him. I think in a 3 his errors wouldn't be such an issue. I just felt like he was he there and everywhere and played better than most of the team, keeping faith could be key in his development. I would definitely drop Xhaka, Torreira is twice as physical and half the size!

Jae

b5ydBSL.png

I'd go for something like this. My first thought was Ramsey might be too ill disciplined to play back there but Xhaka was such garbage it can't be any worse. Iwobi offers more against a side like Chelsea than Mkhi. Put Özil where he is best suited to feed our two forwards. Get Iwobi to be defensive when we are off the ball.

Swap Ramsey and Iwobi mate. Iwobi looked decent playing CM at the tail end of last season. I don't trust Ramsey playing CM anymore.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It’s pretty much a guarantee that it won’t happen but I wish we’d try this against Chelsea on Saturday.
Cech
Mustafi Mavro Sokratis
Bellerin Torreira Matteo Welbeck/Iwobi
Mesut
Laca Auba​

We’d get the most out of our front two and mesut plays in his preferred position. Bellerin receives more support against Hazard. Kola would be ideal on that LWB position but I think Welbs/iwobis defensive capabilities would be very helpful to cope with Willian on that RW.

And with Matteo and Torreira we’d have two players capable of staying in position, defend, carry the ball into space and make line breaking passes into the front three. No more of the Swiss elephant in midfield and Ramsey staying up our strikers arse for 90 min. Our build up play and defense in midfield would improve by quite a bit.

We’d also have a little bit of width on that RW and if Monreal is fit then he could provide with some more on the other wing instead of welbs/iwobi.

I think playing this way would solve a lot of problems tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom