• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City v Arsenal | Sunday, February 28 | KO: 12:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Matchday!
We’re at the beach house for independence/liberation weekend and the internet here leaves a lot to be desired. I’m on my phone and fir some reason the ads on this site are maddening when I use the phone.

Not sure if we’ll be home in time for the match, but if we are, I’ll see you all then.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They aren’t paid to play 25 league games and then decide top 6 is beyond them. I’m sure they don’t feel that anyway. You can be sure there won’t be any significantly weaker teams taking to the field until top 6 is mathematically done and/or we’ve got a SF or final to think about. Wenger always placed huge importance in finishing as high as we could.

Each place is worth about £2m as well. It's notassove amounts but still, when you're losing as much in revenue as us it all helps.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Time for players who have barely played lately to play. They will struggle with a lack of rhythm and will probably end up trying to hard. Arteta will judge them and keep them further down the pecking order. Even if Pepe or Martinelli, win the ball back, nut meg two players and score. It won't mean anything, because Willian is now performing well apparently. He can build on his amazing assist to Tierney that basically left Tierney with a tap in and no work to do as Willian's pass was so good.

Some players must genuinely feel like ' what is the point'. Arteta is the person who has created that emotion. They know that even if they play well, it genuinely does not matter.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Matchday!
We’re at the beach house for independence/liberation weekend and the internet here leaves a lot to be desired. I’m on my phone and fir some reason the ads on this site are maddening when I use the phone.

Not sure if we’ll be home in time for the match, but if we are, I’ll see you all then.

You're not British :eek:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This weekend there are holidays/memorials in Kuwait, Spain, Israel, Taiwan and most famously of all Benin, the birthplace of Voodoo.

You can never have enough voodoo IMO.

Tryna finesse me when you know full well Benin's independence day is in August. Only liberation day in those countries this weekend is Kuwait. @Rimaal are you at a beach house in Kuwait?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I don’t think Willian has started the last ten league games or so, is that right?

Last time I posted he was a ‘nailed on starter’ in a match thread he didn’t start.

Willian is a nailed on starter today.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

We have too few realistic and clear-eyed truth speakers on AM! Just some few shining beacons of football knowledge, you of course included! Have a like and continue your repetitions... And I thought your squad cost rantings a couple of years ago were repetitive. Boy was I wrong!

Don't get me wrong. Just a bit of banter, but it is honestly quite repetitive. Don't you feel like giving it a rest sometime or must everyone praise Wenger and hate Arteta as much as you do? It is an Arsenal fan forum after all. Watching early 2000s Arsenal highlight videos on YouTube and dream about what was isn't necessarily what I want.
I bang on about it because it's everything. I don't hate Arteta. As I said in the Arteta thread we're spending 5th, so that's the club's yard stick. End of story.

I was on board with Unai when he finished 5th, despite what people were saying. I loved Arsène because he always finished above 5th and the football was breathtaking until he was taken out. And I'm disappointed with Arteta because 11th isn't where this great club should be. It's a simple as that. He's made some poor decisions and the football is not great. For me it's really logical.

Not for you and others I understand that though, there's emotion and other stuff mixed in that made you want Arsène out and seem to be enjoying the current manager. But to me that's an anathema. My posting is consistent if nothing else.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Good thing Leeds lost, only need to park the bus for a draw tomorrow and we are back in the table on the right side of AM :drool:
Yeah, that Leeds game was crucial. And Wolves drawing too, that's kept us at 11th. Could do with Palace losing or drawing at Fulham else we'll slip a place if we lose this.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Oh God, you are comparing with Wolves, Leeds, Palace and Fulham.

My stance is Arsenal must win the premier league, retain them and also win the Champ League. Never mind about the community shield.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I bang on about it because it's everything. I don't hate Arteta. As I said in the Arteta thread we're spending 5th, so that's the club's yard stick. End of story.

I was on board with Unai when he finished 5th, despite what people were saying. I loved Arsène because he always finished above 5th and the football was breathtaking until he was taken out. And I'm disappointed with Arteta because 11th isn't where this great club should be. It's a simple as that. He's made some poor decisions and the football is not great. For me it's really logical.

Not for you and others I understand that though, there's emotion and other stuff mixed in that made you want Arsène out and seem to be enjoying the current manager. But to me that's an anathema. My posting is consistent if nothing else.:lol:
I get your views but if we take league position out, which I agree is disappointing, don’t you see improvements in our general structure as a team and our play? That something is being built that could be pretty good? I do that, despite not having been a fan of hiring Arteta in the first place. But now that we have him in I think he has done pretty well all things considered. Aside from some boneheaded individual errors we could have been sitting higher up the table.

And of course Arteta has made some errors and/or has been unlucky. Not always sure what is what given the randomness of things in general in what happens.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Matchday!

I feel we should celebrate desert storm too, we lost 47 troops liberating Kuwait from that madman. Don't have a beach house though even if we did. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom