• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City v Arsenal | Sunday, February 28 | KO: 12:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Some posters were saying don’t rest the players in the pre match comments, the manager won’t get praised either way.
League is lost, on the contrary... We need to protect our two best players. They are still young. I would prefer to see Ødegaard instead of him. Partey rested is was a good decision.

Now I need to see more of Pepe, Martinelli and Saliba when he comes back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Top 4 on imo.

One of Chelsea and Utd dropping points later.
8-9 points behind is not big but we desperately need good run like winning 8-9 games in last 12 with this season going i can't see it we dropped alot of points in 1st half of season

Scottish_Gooner.

Areta can't win. If ESR hadn't played and we got beat people would of complained about another league defeat and why he didn't pick his beat players. We won the game, that's what matters. More than likely it isn't to serious and he will he back for the following weekend.

6666Louis

todays thoughts:
- Cedric is way better than Hector. Loved his aggresive tackles on the sideline, something Hector never does.
- Xhaka has been decent for the two months now – it seems Arteta has molded him into a player.
- Pepe can go past defenders for fun. But needs consitency. 90 min focus.
- Willian shouldn't play a game for us. But was decent.
- Martinelli is weirdly down the picking order.
- Partey did two shots from far outside the box with 10 mins left, up to goals. That is extremely unintelligent.
- Luiz continue to ruin our buildup with ballhogging and slow passes – get rid.
- You can only choose one of Auba or Pepe. Both great at creating goals. Both not secure enough in the buildup. Not hardworking defensively. Its an either or. Lacazette could also have a mention. I would sell both Auba and Laca this summer.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Good win today. I thought the rotation was necessary but would cost us. It didn’t end up doing so, and with the help of some Leicester injuries we got this done easily today. They looked off the mark and we kept it tight in the middle of the park.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
8-9 points behind is not big but we desperately need good run like winning 8-9 games in last 12 with this season going i can't see it we dropped alot of points in 1st half of season
Too many teams ahead of us. I'd be happy with a place in the top 6 or top 7, choosing Europa as the way in to the CL. Anyway, it seems that its pretty much the English teams ahead of us in the league - Sp**s and Utd that we'll have to get past to win the EL(provided we don't stumble to Olympiakos again). Let them concentrate on the league, leaving the EL for us.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I've bashed Willian plenty myself (not the others) but then he deserved to be bashed. But if he picks up and plays like this I am happy to praise him too. I don't understand the point of personal agendas against players/managers online.
Is not a personal agenda, he has been playing like a bag of garbage. Not our fault. The hate comes when the managers keeps playing him even how bad he's been over Pepe and Martinelli.

This is the minimum I expect from a player we will have 2 more years at more of 200K and not a player in his retirement holidays.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For all the talk of Leicester missing Maddison and injuries they had during the game.

Arsenal's best player (Saka) didn't even play today, Auba played like 5 mins while Partey came on when we already had the game won too, no Gabriel either.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good win today. I thought the rotation was necessary but would cost us. It didn’t end up doing so, and with the help of some Leicester injuries we got this done easily today. They looked off the mark and we kept it tight in the middle of the park.

Yes I thought 6 changes would cost us, especially when they scored so easily. After that though we were the best team by far and players like Pepe & Willian put in a very good performance. Top 4 may be a bit much but we can certainly still get top 6 and a EL place for next season, just in case we don't win it :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too many teams ahead of us. I'd be happy with a place in the top 6 or top 7, choosing Europa as the way in to the CL. Anyway, it seems that its pretty much the English teams ahead of us in the league - Sp**s and Utd that we'll have to get past to win the EL(provided we don't stumble to Olympiakos again). Let them concentrate on the league, leaving the EL for us.
Finishing in top 6 after the season we witnessed is okay for me specially when you rebuilding mode can't leave yourself much behind

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yes I thought 6 changes would cost us, especially when they scored so easily. After that though we were the best team by far and players like Pepe & Willian put in a very good performance. Top 4 may be a bit much but we can certainly still get top 6 and a EL place for next season, just in case we don't win it :)
Yeah for me our front 3 was fantastic today. Willian and Laca having great games with Pepe being my MOTM. Xhaka as usual raised his game when Partey came on.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Team sheets

This is actually hilarious. Very strong team from us even without Madders, Justin and Fofana, meanwhile Arsenal have basically showed they are throwing everything on winning the Europa League, which is very risky indeed. There's a long way to go kn the league and 2 or 3 wins in a row this week would put them in contention. I mean leaving out Aubamayang and Saka is ridiculous. If they win then very well played but I'm so much more optimistic for this game now.

This team doesn't fill me with fear. But we'll need to be on our game.

No doubt Willian will turn up for the first time in an arsenal shirt.

No excuses against that arsenal side. Pretty much their reserves

Leicester 1-0 Arsenal

Keep that up please arsenal
laugh.png
laugh.png

finnegan said:
Love that. They are there for the taking, put them to the sword.

More of that please Arsenal

City 1-0 Internet FC

Oh man so close to a hilarious second.

Wow... I can't believe how easy that was. Arsenal already reminding me of us in mid-week!!

Penalty turned into free kick.

Yes VAR rocks
laugh.png

VAR used to it's strengths, just took too long.

Nice to see VAR work how it supposed to

Luiz equaliser

Goal. David Luiz. Could see it coming.

finnegan said:
See.
That's why you don't just sit off and park the bus and invite pressure for forty minutes.

These are so ****ing ****, they're completely there for the taking. They don't get anywhere near the goal of we actually control the game and go at them.

Penalty given

**** off Leicester. Absolute amateurs!!!!

They look hungry, moving it around nicely. As a neutral youd think we were mid table and them third.

Does Brendan have the ability to actually fire these players up? Flat, defensive and completely amateurish.

Its Arsenal ffs, just run at them!

finnegan said:
Make no bones about it, they’ve been all over us

Again we scored and chose to sit deep and let them pressurise us when AGAIN we should have gone for the jugular

Very poor management and performance so far

If we go in to the second half with the right attitude, this is still winnable. That's how **** Arsenal are. If we do what we should have done after scoring and go at them full throttle, they'll collapse.

Why we went all Tony Pulis after scoring I'll never understand.

Dreadful. Arsenal's team is so poor as well, so to lose to them at home, after being ahead would be shocking and start to get me worried about the rest of the season.

finnegan said:
The error here, however, is in giving Arsenal the respect of a "big side." They aren't, they're absolutely garbage. We did it at the Emirates too, where we only managed to squeeze a win at the death by going to a more attacking posture.

Sometimes there's an argument for conserving your energy and going later in the game but that makes absolutely no sense today. We've got zero bench, we're starting with our best attackers, some of whom may be tired by the end of the match PLUS Arsenal have a strong bench. The better play here was to try to dominate from the off and rest up in the second half if needs be.

Very very poor tactically. Any manager who thinks you can sit in a one nil lead against the Arsenals of this world are thick as ****.

Leicester 1-3 Arsenal

Feels extremely familiar. Last season all over again

We just shouldn't be losing to teams like Arsenal. Ever.

Worst team in Leicester City history, we’re gonna bottle the top 4 like we do every single year without fail, doesn’t matter what happens, today was a must win, now I see us finishing 15th x

Couldn’t have been much worse

We’ve made Willian, Pepe and Luiz look like world beaters, we’ve lost Barnes and possibly Evans and Arsenal made it look like a practice match. And this is possibly the worst Arsenal side for years

Bad day at the office which has made me feel more pissed off about the Slavia result

If there's one thing the last two games have shown us, it's that we don't need to fear Rodgers being poached by a top club.
Poor performance all round and the buck stops with Rodgers.

The funny thing here is Arsenal will get a small bounce off of this but I hate to say it, this wasn’t a game where arsenal were good.

This was a game where Leicester were very bad and didn’t have anything in the tank.

I'm sorry Arsenal don't have a better squad than us. I appreciate we have a worse injury list but as a whole our squad is definitely better than theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom