• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Newcastle 2 - 0 Arsenal | Monday 16th May | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to rally the troops.

No time to be down since we have a chance of redemption right here.

None of this sitting back or reactive tactics, please. We need to play on the front foot, hold the ball and silence the crowd. City bouncing back after their CL exit should be the blueprint for Arteta as they remained focused and did this to Newcastle:

B8B0FDB3-C1B8-473F-9C92-9E094EFF8700.jpeg

It’ll be a lot tougher as they’ve only lost one game in 2022 at home and that was against Liverpool but WE CAN DO IT.

Remember the last time we had to secure CL football at St James Park? Well, we got the job done and I don’t see why we can’t do so here.

image.jpg

Let’s remain positive, win this one and move on to Everton.

🤞

COYG 🔴⚪🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That's incredibly short sighted. He just had the easiest path to top 4 laid out for him this season. 1 game a week, 180M invested into the squad, backing to get rid of any player he wanted and having the teams in 3-7 positions implode and drop their level. Considering all of these circumstances, it looks like he still won't get top 4. So what makes you think he will get top 4 when we're back in Europe again? The most likely outcome is that he's going to underachieve yet again, if KSE have any standards, they finally sack him, and we will be left with a squad he built but a new manager might not like. It's a terrible idea. We're not Manchester City, we can't afford to keep spending like this on the wrong manager.
Bla, bla, bla... Mate, he is here to stay. Just get over it and deal in reality! Do what I do. Mix a stiff drink, try to look on the bright side and **** doesn't look half as bad! Cheers!

ThePortugueseGunner

Ridiculous and unforgivable.

Football, as all sports, is not always fair. You can deserve it all, be the better team and, in the end, get punched in the nuts and lose it all.

It was not the case. They don't deserve Champions League football. We do. They don't.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Bla, bla, bla... Mate, he is here to stay. Just get over it and deal in reality! Do what I do. Mix a stiff drink, try to look on the bright side and **** doesn't look half as bad! Cheers!
I'm doing just fine mate. I've resigned myself to having no expectations while he's in charge. I know he's **** and we're going to be **** while he's here. I just need to wait him out.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Ridiculous and unforgivable.

Football, as all sports, is not always fair. You can deserve it all, be the better team and, in the end, get punched in the nuts and lose it all.

It was not the case. They don't deserve Champions League football. We do. They don't.
Huh? Sp**s have 2 more points, have scored 8 more goals, and conceded 7 fewer. Agree that we wasted a golden opportunity, but it's a stretch to say we're the better / more deserving side, in my view.

Edit: Nvm, I see now that "they" = Arsenal, "we" = fans.

bergholt

That's incredibly short sighted. He just had the easiest path to top 4 laid out for him this season. 1 game a week, 180M invested into the squad, backing to get rid of any player he wanted and having the teams in 3-7 positions implode and drop their level. Considering all of these circumstances, it looks like he still won't get top 4. So what makes you think he will get top 4 when we're back in Europe again? The most likely outcome is that he's going to underachieve yet again, if KSE have any standards, they finally sack him, and we will be left with a squad he built but a new manager might not like. It's a terrible idea. We're not Manchester City, we can't afford to keep spending like this on the wrong manager.

As long as there's 150m+ to spend in summer then I think we should be better again next season. Shouldn't lose anyone valuable, all the young players are a year older, add some serious quality.

Thursday night games are for the second team: the new American GK, Holding, Cedric, Tavares, whichever CBs aren't in the first team, Lokonga, Elneny, Patino, Pepe, Balogun or Biereth; bench spots for Swanson, Hutchinson, Azeez, Cottrell, etc.

And then when those players are inevitably needed in the first team, they're match fit and know the system.

Having Thursday night games isn't as bad as you paint it.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This is not an Arsenal fan, just an Arteta sexual. They don't care about the club but only about the Lego.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Really down on this club right now. CL football could have seen us secure some top players that won’t come now. And to extend Arteta’s deal was a monumental error. I’d have looked for a new manager in the summer of we missed out on CL (which we will) but now that’s not an option unless we go full meme. The talented players we do still have will not stick around forever and waste their careers unders Lego man.

It’s all gone to **** in these last few games.

Haphazard

I've been saying it for a while but Arteta cannot handle pressure, ever notice how we don't just lose 1 game but we always lose 2-3 in a row?

I think thats around 32 defeats in 95 games? and his stans are over the moon because we have EL football

There was never a better time to get UCL footy btw. 1 game a week since Jan and he decides to offload players to save money, he offloads Auba (we are still paying him btw) instead of playing him until the end because of his personal issues.

It was a huge gamble not getting anyone in January although I can understand why from a squad perspective it still means we were hoping no injuries to injury prone players and asking squad players who don't have the quality to be reliable.

It's tiring because this club is so out of touch so badly run that they gave this manager 3 extra years after 3 consecutive defeats, no other club in the world does this.

biggeordie

Well played tonight, you absolutely hammered us out there.

I am convinced you were trying to stop us getting into the CL to be able to trump us to players. That's motivation enough for me.
I have to say we were very good tonight, I think you simply caught us on a night where everything clicked, the fans, the atmosphere, the players & the football. I still dont think a majority of world class players will sign for us over Arsenal, maybe in a year or two when we are are maybe top 6/8…We still can’t believe we managed to sign Guimaraes…what an absolute baller this kid is and whilst I am sure money had something to do with his decision, the overall project that is underway here surely must be attractive to some.

GoonerBoy19

Be happy with EL, next year Newcastle and united will kick us out of the top 6. We messed up the Jan window and finished 5th, if the summer window is not utilized correctly then it will be another Mikel Arteta 8 next year.

I don't understand why this board, staff, and players have no ambition. The way we turned up for the game yesterday, Newcastle had more desire to finish higher. If we would have done 1-2 proper signings in Jan we could have easily finished top-4.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fearless with the ball, taking responsibility and imposing himself on the game.

Why doesn't my midfielders look like that?

Tom Mix

If Arteta gets Kroenkes to spend hundreds of millions and they get fed up and leave he's my man.

In the real world, this team reminds me (vaguely) of Wenger's marvellous midget midfield, when we would destroy teams with speed and accuracy but be destroyed by teams featuring hulks and brutes. That team of course was much more talented but the way we tend to collapse when faced with a physical struggle is similar. These boys are mostly not good enough to play against men without protection and we don't have that. This is why they disappear in games such as last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom