• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, Nov. 18 @ 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

Established Member
It's amazing how quickly Alexis' stock has fallen now that he doesn't want to extend his contract. He scored 30 goals for us last season, but this season he's a complete liability.

I'm sure his performance this season would've been judged exactly the same way if he had extended his contract over the summer.

Relic

*https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-lacazette-kane-wilshere-aurier

"This is what the boss had to say in his pre-match press conference:

on Lacazette and whether he will start his first big game for the club…
I have a big choice to make every time, big decisions to make up front. But he’s played many games, Alexandre Lacazette. He didn’t play away from home at City, I think that’s the only game he didn’t start [along with Liverpool]. I trust him completely.

on if Lacazette will start on Saturday…
The decision is not made yet but it’s a possibility because he’s available.

on if there’s plan to deal with Harry Kane…
To keep him quiet, yes.

on if Kane is player Arsenal fear most…
We have no fear, we are just focused on nullifying their strong points and expressing our strong points.

on what Jack Wilshere needs to do to get in the England squad…
To keep fit and work hard and it is what he does at the moment. It’s going well for him. At the moment he is on plan and slowly I think he will get into the [plans] of Southgate again and his creative aspects of his game, if he keeps fit, will be a big asset for him.

on whether he will start in the Premier League…
Yes, he is very close. Just a question for me is to decide to start him or not, but he is ready to play.

on Serge Aurier…
He’s a good player who has good power to go forward and is always dangerous. He played against us with PSG and overall I think he is a top-class right back.

on the BBC survey suggesting that young fans aren’t going to football…
I think nothing is better to share the experience of a stadium, inside a stadium and there are many ingredients now in the modern game that could incite people not to go so much. First of all the lifestyle is a bit different, they play less, they play more on computers, that is a bit more an individual experience than a collective experience, playing with your partners is collective, playing on the computer is more of an individual experience. After that you have the fact that the security in gathering people is a problem as well in the heads of many. After, can you afford as well to go to the stadiums? When you are young you that’s not always easy so there are many ingredients we need to take care of in the game."

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mike Dean, **** it.

Need to lay bets now, which of our players will get sent off and the time of the first Sp**s penalty.

Marmaduke

Whatever happens I just don't want any penalties period. Let the best team win without refs messing everything up.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Been looking through the media. Most say that only two of our squad would get in the Sp**s team. But Sky says three, Kos, Sanchez and Özil. Wow!

Bet @STATS is fuming at that, with the quality we've got :eek:

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
If Alexis starts this game, we're gonna lose. He's a liability. I'd prefer to play Wilshere and others who are up for the challenge of a North London Derby. I don't think players like Alexis appreciate how big this game is for Arsenal and its supporters.

@6:47

Here he talks about the importance of a NLD to the fans and you can tell hes still upset with Rasmey for not scoring the winner* :lol:. Some in the team may not care/appreciate how big a NDL is but I wouldnt put Sanchez as one of them.

*As a reminder...
http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/tot...ad-a-chance-to-win-it-but-tackled-ft-2-2.html

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Been looking through the media. Most say that only two of our squad would get in the Sp**s team. But Sky says three, Kos, Sanchez and Özil. Wow!

The number of excuses you come up with pre match is astonishing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

We need to throw the stats book out the window, burn it, piss on it, and stuff the ashes though Sp**s letter box! And obviously win on Sat!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We need to throw the stats book out the window, burn it, piss on it, and stuff the ashes though Sp**s letter box! And obviously win on Sat!
Since Wenger came 22 wins, 8 losses, 20 draws. So maybe just p*ss on the recent stats, since Sp**s are in a bubble.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's amazing how quickly Alexis' stock has fallen now that he doesn't want to extend his contract. He scored 30 goals for us last season, but this season he's a complete liability.

I'm sure his performance this season would've been judged exactly the same way if he had extended his contract over the summer.

I'd judge it in a few months , had an awful time with Chile and no pre season . Takes him awhile to get sharp, it's happened before .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Anything can happen in one game but the sad thing is that even most of our fans consider us to be underdogs in this fixture now, something which hadn't happened for more than thirty years.

We were streets ahead of them and the new stadium was supposed to cement that superiority for all time. Instead now they have a better team than us and are building a bigger stadium!

When you add to that a board who care about football and are prepared to invest funds, whilst we have an owner who hasn't been to a home game for well over a year and is happy for us to make profits at the expense of league positions.... the future looks very grim indeed.

Token Yank

I would go with this...

....................Cech
Bellerin...Per........Kos......Sead
.....................Xhaka
.............Elneny........Jack
.......Ramsey.....................Özil
....................Lacazette

STATS

See this is why you are just a troll or a jerk?

If you actually go through my analysis of Sp**s' squad, I bring the squad DEPTH issue. After wanyama and Dembele (easily better than our midfielders), who do they have? Dier, winks and Sissoko. I would rather play COQ before them. Alderwireld, vertonghen are decent CBs but not even in the same league as Kos. Alli, Eriksen are good players, but compare them to pre-wenger Özil and sanchez, no where near. After that who do they have for forwards? Llorente? Son? We have better Depth there too. Except for the wingback/fullback position we have better depth in every area of the pitch.

As for the 1st team, were not we linked with Wanyama? I thought he was an average player not good enough to lace the boots of arsenal's players. The issue why did not we buy him? Why did your wenger buy him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom