PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banner, Oct 11, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

51.9%
  2. Draw

23.4%
  3. Sheffield Utd win

24.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Because he is edgy

DasBootist and Mark Tobias like this.
  2. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

He's doing well recently but it's hard to forget the Swansea game where he got roasted by that winger I can't even remember the name of. If that wasn't being found out then I don't know what is.

samshere likes this.
  3. UpTheGunnerz

jefferson montero! chambers performance that day was beyond dreadful

4. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

That's the one. Funnily enough it was probably the performance that convinced big Wengz to bring hector into the side at such a young age as didn't he get his break not long after?

5. UpTheGunnerz

Yeah i think you are right, chambers filled in a short time after debuchy's injury but did not cut it

6. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

When was this? five years ago? Bit harsh maybe to look at a game that far away:lol:. Pretty sure i can find a game where anyone sucked when they were 19.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Also finding the topic a bit off. He's been solid recently.

pigge likes this.
  8. UpTheGunnerz

I don't think Ricardinho meant to bring it up as a straight diss to Chambers or to belittle his recent good performances, he has clearly improved. But that Swansea performance was one of the worst performance by an Arsenal player, any scenario. Right up there with Niles at Goodison last season, if we shall speak in recent times. So it's bound to be stuck in ones memory.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  9. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Chambers has shown progress. Look how he started and ended against Daniel James the other week. Looked nervous, picked up an early yellow but recovered and put in a strong performance.

I'm sure that will give him confidence going forward that he was able to deal with it comfortably in the end. Also we are playing Sheffield United not Liverpool. So there is that.

mavelous, ptrcopp and samshere like this.
  10. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Yeah, chambers has come a long way since that horror performance against Swansea. He compensates for his slow recovery pace by choosing when to bomb forward more wisely than Bellerin who's a lot more adventurous.

Still think that Bellerin shades him in attacking prowess though. What his good form does afford us is more time to reintroduce Bellerin slowly and not rush him back just to get injured again.

RacingPhoton, bingobob and yorch44 like this.

#254 Well-Known Member

Where did he go though? Looked like a prime CR7 on that game!

12. trippyhippy

trippyhippy Active Member

Should go with our strongest 11 which imo is

leno
    chambers holding luiz tierney
    guendouzi torreira
    pepe Özil auba
    laca
    having guys like sokratis and xhaka away in the premier league is asking to give away penalties and red cards. Feel like luiz will play better not having to cover kolasinac bombing forward with the more intelligent tierney who times his runs better. bellerin probably back in when fully fit/earned his position back. Knowing emery and arsenal they will not win this match so why not take a free swing at it and play Özil. we either blow them away or we lose like we are most likely going to anyways. guaranteed emery's lineup however is :
    leno chambers sokratis luiz kolasinac xhaka guendouzi ceballos pepe auba and saka.
    prediction: 1-1

Divided_Pie likes this.
  13. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Love this lineup. I feel its a good opportunity to bench Pepe and play an in form Martinelli. Since Pepe's being playing internationals we can "rest him," so his confidence won't be affected.

And of course any lineup without Xhaka in it is pure sexiness

mavelous, bingobob and Mark Tobias like this.
  14. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Leno
    Chambers Sok Luiz Tierney
    Xhaka Guendouzi
    Ceballos
    Pepe Aubau Saka

Think that is the line up we will go with. Would obviously bench Xhaka for Willock or Torreira. Might be worth to give Martinelli a start here. See a few people think Bellerin will start this one, i think there is very little chance he does. He might not even make the bench. He is coming back from a major injury. He will be eased in gently. Besides Chambers is in great form.

Iceman10 likes this.
  15. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

I like their manager. I'm not keen on ours.

mavelous likes this.
  16. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Active Member

Hope Laca is back for this one.

Leno; Chambers Holding Luiz Tierney; Guendouzi Torreira Willock; Pepe Laca Auba

17. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

And after Bellerin is available, we could easily move him to CB role which I feel, will mask his weaknesses.

18. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

No way Laca starts, been out for quite a bit. Maybe on bench for me.

19. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Emery probably nervous because he can’t set up as the underdog.

20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Xhaka probably scared because the opposition team has no fans outside of England and are barely mid-table level.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.