• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves vs Arsenal | Tuesday 2nd February | KO: 18:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

This was the absolute pleb who was the VAR official when they disallowed the Sokratis goal vs Crystal Palace for no reason.
I've heard conflicting reports on who it actually was that was the VAR ref v.s Palace. Regardless, the point wasn't that this is a good ref but that instead of just a novelty maybe broadcasting the ref's conversation during potentially big decisions could potentially better for transparency and accountability. I hear they do it in other sports.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Remember the Crystal Palace game where Sokratis scored the winner but the VAR ref decided to disallow it for no reason? Apparently that VAR ref was Craig Pawson...
Think it was Chambers that scored.

He was fouled while scoring the goal but the referee in all his wisdom disallowed the goal :lol:

The refs are a joke.

Basically the only 'profession' that are not held accountable.

Edit: it was actually Sokratis

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've heard conflicting reports on who it actually was that was the VAR ref v.s Palace. Regardless, the point wasn't that this is a good ref but that instead of just a novelty maybe broadcasting the ref's conversation during potentially big decisions could potentially better for transparency and accountability. I hear they do it in other sports.
Yeah I agree.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-special-would-var-have-saved-the-invincibles

This epitomises the way refs have always treated us. That man making those shocking disgraceful decisions is now the head of referees.

The referees couldn't handle a foreign manager with a bunch of foreign players dominating the league and getting their 50th game unbeaten. Could have had 3 red cards and dived for a penalty too.

Arsenal4life14

Just a question if Arsenal believe they are being treated unfairly by the referees are they able to take legal action against the FA over it?

rockofcashel

If Luiz made a tackle took out the player and ref give pen the ref will give Luiz yellow card that according to rules. What stupid rules this seriously they desperately want to ruin football because it should be the opposite. Players now will look for minimal contact make it look accidental so they'll win penalty and get the opposite player sent off.

Only if the tackle is a genuine attempt to play the ball fairly...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lastly, Wolves were absolutely horrendous. Relied on a penalty and wonder goal against 10 and then 9 men. ****ting themselves in the closing minute ffs.

So angry we’ve given them 3 points because everyone kisses Wolves’ ass saying they play good football etc but I’ve always seen them as a glorified ****house team. They dead most the games they play in. May have been on route for relegation if we gave them the slapping they deserved.

This. Imagine playing a glorified Stoke brand of football when you have Ruben Neves, Pedro Neto and Podence in your team.

Nuno is a certified, 24 carat bum.

Arsenal4life14

If Luiz made a tackle took out the player and ref give pen the ref will give Luiz yellow card that according to rules. What stupid rules this seriously they desperately want to ruin football because it should be the opposite. Players now will look for minimal contact make it look accidental so they'll win penalty and get the opposite player sent off.
Thats how sad football has fallen over the years, You can get a red card for something like that completely ruining a game of football. This is why the game is full of divers now, they all know they can win free kicks and penalties with the slightest contact its disgraceful, Anyone in their right mind can see the player dived in that instance, were not talking about little kids here were talking about 6 foot grown men hitting the deck after a tiny bit of contact, Its funny how some players are allowed to use their big muscles and strength and height to their advantage but they'll go down after a tiny bit of contact to win a freekick, football is softer than basketball now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Southampton asked the fa that Dean and Moss not to referee thier games in near future :lol:

remains

With our form this season I’ve become numb to a lot of the bad results, but this one has really got to me. After a deserved run of good results, we play one of our best halves of football only to get absolutely ****ed over and lose the game.

It just seems we can’t catch a break this season.

rockofcashel

With our form this season I’ve become numb to a lot of the bad results, but this one has really got to me. After a deserved run of good results, we play one of our best halves of football only to get absolutely ****ed over and lose the game.

It just seems we can’t catch a break this season.

That's what annoys me too.. Should have put it to bed in the first 15 minutes and enjoyed a real confidence boost.. now we're worried about Runarrson in the Villa game

I genuinely think we could have made top 4 if we'd won last night

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
For me the season was basically done after the 7 games run we had of winning no games we put ourselves in serious tough situation to and get top 6 every game now is important i said before Southampton game that 7 points from 9 would have been good from Southampton utd wolves shame the * rules made us end up with 4 from 9. Now games against Villa and Leeds become important we can't afford to drop points if we want top 6.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
When is this agenda against Arsenal within the footballing world, going to end?
Its not agenda its football rules that being implied very wrongly there many teams this season got absolutely robbed Southampton against villa few days for example Southampton should had clear penalty early in game because villa defender block with his hands and it was far from his body but Mike Dean said no.

GoonerJay24

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-special-would-var-have-saved-the-invincibles

This epitomises the way refs have always treated us. That man making those shocking disgraceful decisions is now the head of referees.

The referees couldn't handle a foreign manager with a bunch of foreign players dominating the league and getting their 50th game unbeaten. Could have had 3 red cards and dived for a penalty too.

This is partially it but the anti-Arsenal agenda emerged long before Wenger arrived.

It's about how we as a Southern club dared to challenge the Northern powerhouses in the mid 20th century whilst also conducting ourselves with class.

GoonerJay24

Its not agenda its football rules that being implied very wrongly there many teams this season got absolutely robbed Southampton against villa few days for example Southampton should had clear penalty early in game because villa defender block with his hands and it was far from his body but Mike Dean said no.

This isn't just about rules or decisions in matches. Generally there's a different tone the media use whenever Arsenal are discussed compared to other clubs.

It's not all sections of the media or referees but a good portion certainly do. A lot of hidden agendas in professional football.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's not even about rules or decisions in matches. Generally there's a different tone the media use whenever Arsenal are discussed compared to other clubs.

It's not all sections of the media or referees but a good portion certainly do. A lot of hidden agendas in professional football.
Yes the media do hate us that something i agree with even tho yesterday most agreed we got robbed

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You only have to look at that City/Villa offside to see how protected refs are.

Completely back their guy saying how no advantage was gained and the correct call was made.

...then adds further interpretation so that any goal like that would no longer stand.

Just insane, like a retailer saying a product is completely safe then doing a mass recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom