• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltord's left boot

Hi everyone,

Apologies for not updating this recently. I've been out of the country for a few weeks and therefore have not been at any Oxford games.

I got back yesterday and managed to get to the game. Crowley came on when the game was pretty much over and his goal was too little too late in terms of the match, but it was great to see Crowley showcase his talent again - which he seems to be doing every time he comes on for Oxford.

I've been keeping in contact with friends whilst being away and they've all said he instantly looks a class above when he does come on, but has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long and over-run it slightly.

Hopefully he will improve in this department with experience. I think it's important he does develop this side to his game, or he could be on the end of some crunching challenges, which could lead to injury (similar to Jack Wilshere's problems).

He has been eased in to the side in the first couple of weeks of the season and I expect him to be pushing for a first team spot in the next few weeks.

He can then hopefully cement his place in the starting eleven as I love watching him play...he seems to take about 5 touches every yard he runs with the ball :D

Now I'm back in Oxford I will update this thread game-by-game as promised with Dan's progress.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Campbell, Sczez, Wilshere, Chambers... damn our loans are important. probably last chance saloon at AFC for most of them.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Has Zelalem gone out or still here? Given the departures it'd be better if he stayed and see if it doesn't work, go out in Jan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We have kept most of our youngsters to be fair. Maitland Niles, Willock, Mavididi, Akpom etc. All staying.

Maybe because they are putting a bit more into the U23s. Or maybe Arsenal are looking to integrate them at some point. I feel that Wenger rates Maitland-Niles in particular, as do I. Do not be surprised to see an appearance or two from him.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We have kept most of our youngsters to be fair. Maitland Niles, Willock, Mavididi, Akpom etc. All staying.

Maybe because they are putting a bit more into the U23s. Or maybe Arsenal are looking to integrate them at some point. I feel that Wenger rates Maitland-Niles in particular, as do I. Do not be surprised to see an appearance or two from him.
Thats a positive and hope it turns out like that. I liked how Wagner went brave with Holding and Chambers in the opening game and they did really well in the first half. I hope this is all an indication to what your seeing and he doesn't hesitate and proactively plays these kids given the opportunity with maximum trust.

You never know they might just tear it up.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

What a goal yeaterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom