• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #1: RC Lens vs Arsenal FC - July 22, 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Will be interesting to see the fringe guys play. Hopefully Akpom looks sharp and focused going into the season. He needs a few good games under his belt consecutively.

McGuane's been training with the 1st team a lot, would be very interesting to see him get a runout, probably alongside Coquelin or Elneny. He's a very tidy player.

I'm most looking forward to seeing Chris Willock and Reiss Nelson. Those two are the best academy products at the club IMO, both talented dribblers and both technically sound so would be exciting to see how they fare. So hoping to see them have a big pre-season, they aren't talked about as much as the likes of Jeff, Malen, Crowley and Zelalem, but they (just like Maitland-Niles) are big, if not bigger, talents in their own right and they are both from Hale End on top of that!

I have a good feeling about Akpom. I know his loan wasn't anything special but it's all experience and can only do him good. Obviously it depends on what we do in the window but he could end up with quite a few games this season. He has a lot going for him and it may be a case of a goal or 2 elevates him mentally.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I have a good feeling about Akpom. I know his loan wasn't anything special but it's all experience and can only do him good. Obviously it depends on what we do in the window but he could end up with quite a few games this season. He has a lot going for him and it may be a case of a goal or 2 elevates him mentally.
Been thinking the same. He just needs that little boost and I think he could explode.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I want Akpom to succeed but he more than likely sealed his fate with that shocking non-decision to square the ball in the EC last summer. Wenger would have hated that.

I'll be at the game, my first Arsenal game ever ! Lens is just two hours from Paris, so lucky a friendly match takes place there.

Too bad a lot of first-teamers are not back and some are still injured, let's hope the youngsters deliver a good show.

Any news about the group of players travelling to Lens tonight ?

CJJ

Established Member
I'll be at the game, my first Arsenal game ever ! Lens is just two hours from Paris, so lucky a friendly match takes place there.

Too bad a lot of first-teamers are not back and some are still injured, let's hope the youngsters deliver a good show.

Cheers mate :) have a blast.

CJJ

Established Member

And just FYI.. AFTV mentioned that Walcott, Gnabry, Iwobi, Akpom will be playing tonight atleast. So some first teamers will likely be there :)

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Can't find a stream for this match because it's not being carried by any TV channels except Malaysia Astrosport.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

More interested in what Wenger says after the game to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom