• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18: Matchday 9

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
It's about making the most of what you've got.

A few years ago, I would have looked at their playing list and thought the likes of Eriksen, Dembele, and or Walker, just as examples, have some real upside but just haven't brought it together yet.

Poch has got a lot of those players to take the next step in their development.

I mean even some of their signings could be considered underwhelming i.e. Trippier, but Poch extracts the most out of such players and gets them playing a valuable role for the team.

Could you imagine Wenger plucking a Trippier from Burnley and making him look like a serviceable option at RB? I certainly don't. Although it's not the same thing, but Wenger tried something similar with Jenkinson and it failed miserably. Guy even failed with Chambers, who has real talent.
His situation is different to the other top teams. If Wenger signed a player from Burnley, he wouldn't get a proper chance to develop with all the scrutiny surrounding him. Fans and pundits alike would be calling saying it's a poor signing and at the first sign of a mistake, he'd be crucified not just in the press but also from our own fans at the game and online.

BobP

Memri Fan
@Trilly

Another example which we touched on a while ago was Sanchez. Poor guy would have had his spirit broken by now had he signed for Arsenal and played for Wenger. He'd be in the u23 'rebuilding his confidence'.

BobP

Memri Fan
His situation is different to the other top teams. If Wenger signed a player from Burnley, he wouldn't get a proper chance to develop with all the scrutiny surrounding him. Fans and pundits alike would be calling saying it's a poor signing and at the first sign of a mistake, he'd be crucified not just in the press but also from our own fans at the game and online.

What?

I cited the example of Jenkinson and you could throw in Holding as another one.

Since when has Wenger ever cared about what fans or the media think about his decisions?

Marmaduke

Another example which we touched on a while ago was Sanchez. Poor guy would have had his spirit broken by now had he signed for Arsenal and played for Wenger. He'd be in the u23 'rebuilding his confidence'.

Nah, he has a fighter mentality brought on from a poor youth in Chile. Arsenal would not break that.

It only breaks pampered British academy products.

BobP

Memri Fan
Nah, he has a fighter mentality brought on from a poor youth in Chile. Arsenal would not break that.

It only breaks pampered British academy products.

I was referring to the Sanchez playing for Sp**s, the young Colombian CB.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Load of paranoid guff.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool could have been still in the game if they didn't concede that stupid 3rd goal

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly

:lol::lol:

True.

Marmaduke

Although I'm happy with Kolasinac I do like Aurier, weird that we passed up on him considering he was basically begging to be an Arsenal player.

*I see some people don't rate him so I'll brace myself :lol:

Aaand my positions are all messed up... I'm too tired today to make sense

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
What?

I cited the example of Jenkinson and you could throw in Holding as another one.

Since when has Wenger ever cared about what fans or the media think about his decisions?
It's not what Wenger thinks. It's how the players handle the situation. If you're a young player at Sp**s, having a bad game doesn't lead to the same scrutiny it does at Arsenal. At Arsenal you'll be spoken about every which way from the papers to TV to online. No matter how much players say that they only care what their managers think, those things bother you. It's a much different profile to being a player at Arsenal than it is to being one at Sp**s.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom