• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 18/19: Matchday 21

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
That's the thing guys like Klopp and Pep downplay the idea, while Wenger flat out said he believed his lads could do it. Do you know how much balls it takes to say something like that? Initially after the Everton loss in 02 he was absolutely slaughtered for saying it, yet he stuck by it and in pre-season of 03 he reassured the players that he still believed it was possible and they ended up doing it. This was without huge world record breaking spending, in fact we just brought in a keeper on a free.

The achievement looks more and more remarkable the further we are removed from it because the media just expects another side to replicate it because of all the money spent, yet they can't. It's unbelievable.
Everton loss?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I celebrated City's winning goal as much as an Arsenal goal. No way any team becomes invincible five minutes after Wenger leaves the house. This match highlighted the lack of pace,brains and skill in too many of our players. Stan needs to spend big or move on.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'd feel more sad if Liverpool's supporters weren't so insufferable and the media wasn't stacked with ex-Liverpool players. I still hope they win it in the end over Man City. Anyone who loves football should, really.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Wenger only dropped out of the top 4 when the fans turned on him and the team big time. No team or manager can perform under those circumstances.
Wenger paid for all Stan's and the board's sins. His crime was honesty and hubris in equal measures.

He got stale and he couldn't compete financially with several clubs rather than just the one or two.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'd feel more sad if Liverpool's supporters weren't so insufferable and the media wasn't stacked with ex-Liverpool players. I still hope they win it in the end over Man City. Anyone who loves football should, really.

I half see where you’re coming from.. they’re a historically big English club, steeped in tradition, responsible for some of football’s greatest moments...

You know how I know all this? BECAUSE I’M REMINDED ON A NEAR ****ING WEEKLY BASIS! Liverpool, and everybody connected to the club are apocalyptically delusional.

You need to understand Liverpool have been underwhelming/terrible for the last decade- yet somehow, it’s like they’ve always been on the cusp of greatness, a sleeping giant, a dormant volcano..

Compare that to us. We went nine years without a trophy and were a national disgrace. Even though we’ve won a few cups as of late, our failing to make the CL makes for a bigger headline.

Like you said, the media is littered with ex-Liverpool players, Liverpool supporters, and Liverpool apologists. It’s sickening.

If Liverpool finally, win a Premier League title (THEY’VE NEVER ****ING WON ONE) it will be stuffed down our throats for years to come. There will be a Sky Sports Liverpool channel. BT Sport will begin production on: “2018/19- How Klopp became king of the Kop.”

I can’t stomach any of that. Not to mention I know far too many Liverpool fans. If we can’t win it, City all day long. Liverpool must remain in mediocrity.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I know it's dangerous to say that a team looks infallible, City looked infallible and then lost to Palace and Leicester, but Liverpool really do look pretty infallible. Yes they were beaten, but it took a big effort from Man f*cking City at home to do it, by one goal.

Which other team is capable of a similar performance? I reckon they'll lose maybe once or twice more this season but they don't look like a team that's about to collapse to me.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Liverpool reminds me of the Toronto Maple Leafs - every year they say "this is our year" and slowly but surely they get close but somewhere along the way they realize they are "the leafs" and lose it and the process repeats itself every year - eventually one of these years will be "the year" just hoping our "year" comes before there's does :p

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I half see where you’re coming from.. they’re a historically big English club, steeped in tradition, responsible for some of football’s greatest moments...

You know how I know all this? BECAUSE I’M REMINDED ON A NEAR ****ING WEEKLY BASIS! Liverpool, and everybody connected to the club are apocalyptically delusional.

You need to understand Liverpool have been underwhelming/terrible for the last decade- yet somehow, it’s like they’ve always been on the cusp of greatness, a sleeping giant, a dormant volcano..

Compare that to us. We went nine years without a trophy and were a national disgrace. Even though we’ve won a few cups as of late, our failing to make the CL makes for a bigger headline.

Like you said, the media is littered with ex-Liverpool players, Liverpool supporters, and Liverpool apologists. It’s sickening.

If Liverpool finally, win a Premier League title (THEY’VE NEVER ****ING WON ONE) it will be stuffed down our throats for years to come. There will be a Sky Sports Liverpool channel. BT Sport will begin production on: “2018/19- How Klopp became king of the Kop.”

I can’t stomach any of that. Not to mention I know far too many Liverpool fans. If we can’t win it, City all day long. Liverpool must remain in mediocrity.
You summed it up better than I ever could. Thank you.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Liverpool starting with Henderson and Milner lost them the match in my opinion they should have started with Fabinho who came on in the second half they did get more control of the game Milner and Henderson are both good players when you pressure opponents but with the ball they are not that special tbf. you cannot pressure City its almost impossible.

I also thought Liverpool was not playing in a correct way their were playing far to deep on their own half when you are chasing a goal you need to play up further ahead probably they were scared of City's transition also.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

It's not really because of that tbh. Man City are a fake top club, they've had zero organic growth and they're basically a plaything for obscenely wealthy ****heads responsible for an insane amount of told and untold misery in the world. Same as Chelsea, albeit more extreme imo. PSG as well.

I wrote in another thread that current Liverpool is basically the best case scenario for Arsenal, ie. self-reliant but with just enough spending from the owner to make them competitive.

I totally get how insufferable Liverpool fans are and how **** it is that the media personalities are like 80% Liverpool supporters, but I'm purely talking from a business perspective. We need more Liverpools and Arsenals and less Man Citys and Chelseas.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Hell to the naw naw, to the naw naw naw...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dammit

I can't see why people want Liverpool to win the league over City. I know that City simply bought their way into the top of the english game, but when they win a league title I feel nothing or I feel like at least United, Chelsea etc didn't win it, thanks City. City also play some quality stuff, have MANY likeable players: Aguero, David Silva, B. Silva, De Bruyne, Laporte, Gündogan etc. When I look at Pool all I see is pricks all over the field, arrogant, diving cheats, bar Robertson and Allison I probably hate that bunch. Also the media would be unbearable, literally everything would be about Liverpool and how they're the greatest club ever in the universe. No thanks.

Come on City!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Away from home tho, we're complete jokers.

I thought that was going to be rectified by the new guy...:eek:

MANY likeable players: Aguero, David Silva, B. Silva, De Bruyne, Laporte, Gündogan

Tbh I really don't find anyone of them likeable. Maybe De Bruyne or Gundogan or Sané. But Aguero, the two Silvas, Otamendi, Ederson - that's like the club of classic Pep c*ntery. You just know most of them are superficially likeable but deep down they're spineless ****s. Just like Messi, Xavi, Busquets, Pique et al - and Pep himself.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom