• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2011/12

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Dokaka said:
USArsenal said:
not so fast Dokaka.. Carling Cup would only have about 2 rounds by the time his ban is up, and the FA Cup wont have even one unless they have to play in the 2nd round.. (3rd round is in January)

at most, 3 games for cups, probably 2 (and thats if they make it to the 4th round in the CC).. that leaves 9-10 league games

Oh. Still, I stand by my previous point that these bans are inconsistent.

Racism nets you 8 games, being a bit whiny on the sidelines (Wenger etc) gives you 1-2 games and physicality attacking someone - but not exactly dangerously - will leave you out for 12 games.

Considering the problems the league and football in general has had with racism, I find it appalling that Suarez got let off with 8 games.

Barton's ban is fine considering his history, but it's like the FA has completely given up on fighting racism. I mean, John Terry just got called up to the NT even though he has a court date regarding racism not a month after the cup is done.

I think the evidence, or lack of, is what kept the Suarez ban down. I think if the cameras or referee had of clearly picked him up using racial slurs than it would have been a lot longer.

Glovegun

Established Member
The real problem with racism in football is definitely not with players, it's with fans.

If FIFA manage to stop Lazio fans monkey-chanting and displaying banners about Auschwitz, Real Madrid and Ferencvaros fans doing Nazi salutes, Zenit St Petersburg fans preventing any black player signing for them, Rangers singing about dead Irishmen and Celtic glorifying the IRA, and Chelsea, Feyenoord and West Ham fans chanting about gas chambers, then I'll take their efforts seriously. But they don't, so screw them.

They're having the world cup in Russia for God's sake, what more indication could we need that they don't consider racism an issue?

dpt49

Established Member
Glovegun said:
The real problem with racism in football is definitely not with players, it's with fans.

If FIFA manage to stop Lazio fans monkey-chanting and displaying banners about Auschwitz, Real Madrid and Ferencvaros fans doing Nazi salutes, Zenit St Petersburg fans preventing any black player signing for them, Rangers singing about dead Irishmen and Celtic glorifying the IRA, and Chelsea, Feyenoord and West Ham fans chanting about gas chambers, then I'll take their efforts seriously. But they don't, so screw them.

They're having the world cup in Russia for God's sake, what more indication could we need that they don't consider racism an issue?
Unfortunately we live in a world where there are plenty of ignorant bigots.
They are every where.

I often come across them, either through work or socially, and sometimes try to convince them to change the way they think.

It hardly ever works.
It's too easy to go along with the crowd, especially in countries where racism is looked upon as being the norm.

At least football is seen to condemn it, even if it is not always successful.

dpt49

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
:lol: I just had a vision of dpt49 trying to reason with a skinhead who has a swastika tattoed on his forehead.
I had a mate of mine who was a skinhead with tattoos, not on his head, who was one of the most racist people you could meet.
Worse than that he was a Gooner.
He wasn't worth arguing with, on that subject.
Unfortunately there was no way you could reason with him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
dpt49 said:
Armor for Sleep said:
:lol: I just had a vision of dpt49 trying to reason with a skinhead who has a swastika tattoed on his forehead.
I had a mate of mine who was a skinhead with tattoos, not on his head, who was one of the most racist people you could meet.
Worse than that he was a Gooner.
He wasn't worth arguing with, on that subject.
Unfortunately there was no way you could reason with him.

Right now, he is on another forum complaining about you not seeing his point of view :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Whispers that Fam Sam could pick up Barton if QPR do decide to ditch him. In other news, Roberto Martinez is in Miami atm meeting with John Henry and Co, his move to Liverpool looks on.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
unfortunately, not much happened.. no charges being pressed and he didnt really get hurt other than a bruise

clearly some disgruntled QPR fan.. lol

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nah it was in Liverpool, every time he goes back there something happens to him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=dBL8QDuibZM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... BL8QDuibZM</a>

:lol: :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpDTnznE-E&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpDTnzn ... re=related</a>

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom