• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2014-15: race for ???????

entropy13

Established Member
Shouldn't the title be edited already? "Race for Europa League places"? And Arsenal is already "lucky" to be fighting for Europa League places...

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9421623/F365-Predictions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/f365-feature ... redictions</a>

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Despite a few mediocre ex-premier league stars disregarding us completely, there seems to be a lot of people leaning to us to finish at least in the top 2. Yesterday all three guys on TalkSPORT kick-off (including our good friend Stewart Robson) said we'd finish 2nd (Robson said we'd finish top if we brought in a DM). It was also said by another journalist on the show that Arsenal on the contrary to popular belief, doesn't actually need a massive overhaul that includes massive physically strong players and it's mainly just tactical things in regards to the big games. Robson also pointed out Arteta's legs and perhaps that we panic when we concede early cost us from rectifying things in the big game defeats after we conceded as goal or two.

I think there's also a feeling that Man City have stagnated while it'll be predominantly a battle between United and Liverpool battling it out for the 4th spot. Sp**s might improve but don't have the quality while Everton will find it tough to better last season. So perhaps there isn't too much of this "Arsenal will struggle to finish top four" as there has been in previous seasons.

I obviously can see why everyone's still backing Chelsea though, surely Mourinho cannot mess up two seasons in a row, surely Costa will have enough goals in him and now they've got more attacking options.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anzac said:
http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9421623/F365-Predictions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well that's a change. We are def. in the running this year.

Anzac

Established Member
redanddread said:
Anzac said:
http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9421623/F365-Predictions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IIRC BBC is the only site (along with Michael Owen) to say that we will drop out of top4.

redanddread

Tir Na Nog said:
Despite a few mediocre ex-premier league stars disregarding us completely, there seems to be a lot of people leaning to us to finish at least in the top 2. Yesterday all three guys on TalkSPORT kick-off (including our good friend Stewart Robson) said we'd finish 2nd (Robson said we'd finish top if we brought in a DM). It was also said by another journalist on the show that Arsenal on the contrary to popular belief, doesn't actually need a massive overhaul that includes massive physically strong players and it's mainly just tactical things in regards to the big games. Robson also pointed out Arteta's legs and perhaps that we panic when we concede early cost us from rectifying things in the big game defeats after we conceded as goal or two.

I think there's also a feeling that Man City have stagnated while it'll be predominantly a battle between United and Liverpool battling it out for the 4th spot. Sp**s might improve but don't have the quality while Everton will find it tough to better last season. So perhaps there isn't too much of this "Arsenal will struggle to finish top four" as there has been in previous seasons.

I obviously can see why everyone's still backing Chelsea though, surely Mourinho cannot mess up two seasons in a row, surely Costa will have enough goals in him and now they've got more attacking options.

Was quite surprised at Robson's positivity. Agree re the tactical adjustments required but would still love to see some size, mobility & technique in our DM spot.

Anzac

Established Member
redanddread said:
Tir Na Nog said:

Was quite surprised at Robson's positivity. Agree re the tactical adjustments required but would still love to see some size, mobility & technique in our DM spot.

Rather at DM than CF.

redanddread

Anzac said:
redanddread said:
Anzac said:

IIRC BBC is the only site (along with Michael Owen) to say that we will drop out of top4.

The BBC??? Really. They'll soon change their tune. Good old Michael. His 2 goals in the 2001 FA Cup final robbery seems to have given him license to think he can **** on us constantly.

McNumpty has us in 5th. You would think by now these pundits would get tired of predicting this. One day they might be right and then they'll claim to been in the "I told you so" brigade

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/arsenal-possess-firepower-to-mount-serious-premier-league-title-challenge-081414?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:foxsoccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/a ... :foxsoccer</a>

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Out of 28 BBC pundits, 19 picked Chelsea as champions, 7 picked City, and 2 picked United... Well, I guess we don't have a chance...

In all seriousness, it's good that Chelsea are consensus favourites: the pressure will be squarely on their shoulders and Mourinho won't be able to hide behind that "little horse" bullsh*t - I can see him cracking if things go awry, his job is potentially on the line this year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28778605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28778605</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Buhry

Established Member

I see a lot of other team fans and pundits putting us top 2 and 3, people are starting to take us seriously again. If we can bring in a couple of good signings before the window closes we have a shot at winning the title. Sanchez should be a good addition to the team, Ramsey looks like he's going to have a monster season if he stays fit, Özil will likely be better than last year and walcott is set to return. Chelsea have a very strong squad though and will probably be the team to beat. Not sure about City, I don't think they've improved their team that much this summer and Aguero seems like he's going to keep getting injured.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If we get in an extra body or two in CB/CDM I think we will fight it out with City for second, behind Chelsea.

However, if we can keep our most important players fit we might be able to challenge Chelsea. Would need Ramsey for an entire season, though, Özil, Walcott, Alexis firing on all cylinders too. It's possible, but we need a bit of luck.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Buhry said:
Not sure about City, I don't think they've improved their team that much this summer and Aguero seems like he's going to keep getting injured.

Agree with this, I'm convinced we'll see a jaded Man City this season - they'll trudge to a 3rd place finish IMO.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Gary Lineker has said we're dark horses and could well win it, with his praise of Wenger throughout the summer he seems to be awfully keen on us for a former spud...

a_fourteen

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
Gary Lineker has said we're dark horses and could well win it, with his praise of Wenger throughout the summer he seems to be awfully keen on us for a former spud...
This after mimicking Wenger's French accent and telling him he should leave England not two seasons ago.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Linekar's a smarmy pri*k.

He's been all too happy to make us the butt of his jokes, suddenly, now that things are looking up he's changing his tune.

Also, he - like virtually everyone in the British media - laps up all the bile Mourinho spews out of his rectum.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I think he does most of the stuff for the lol's, and I've never got the impression he's out to get us or anything. I reckon most of the Gooners on here are a bit sensitive and criticise that he was a ex-spud

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom