• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2014-15: race for ???????

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

entropy13 said:
Bigbludfire said:
A lot of words are being used on this page but no one's actually saying anything :?

Fine.

WENGER OUT! SELL FLOPS Özil AND SANCHEZ! RAMSEY IS OVERRATED! GIROUD IS USELESS!

Come on, we all know it isn't the players fault, it's Wenger he's ruined them just like he ruined poor hard-working Arshavin!

arsmile

Established Member
so as for our start

I think we have been playing pretty awfully

but we've won a trophy, qualified for the CL, and only dropped 2 points in doing so recovering from a 2 goal deficit for the first time in years away at a top 6 team who slaughtered us last year.

I think you have to take the positives from that- when things start falling into place- it will only get better.

Normally our poor starts to the season involve losses.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Race for top 3 unless bring in a world class player. Özil and Sanchez need 1 more and we can win e title.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Had a look at our fixture list, now with the CL groups finalised.

How about these...

City (h) 13 Sept
Dortmund (a) 16 Sept
Sp**s (h) 27 Sept
Gala (h) 1 October
Chelsea (a) 5 October
Anderlecht (a) 22 October
Sunderland (a) 25 October
Anderlecht (h) 4 November
Swansea (a) 9 November
United (h) 22 November
Dortmund (h) 26 November
Gala (a) 9 December
Newcastle (h) 13 December

We are in for a tough couple of months. As well as we did last year, do I think that we are as good as fourth again this year.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
City (h) 13 Sept
Dortmund (a) 16 Sept
Sp**s (h) 27 Sept
Gala (h) 1 October
Chelsea (a) 5 October

United (h) 22 November
Dortmund (h) 26 November

:shock:

These are especially brutal: home against City before traveling to Dortmund; Sp**s, Gala, and Chelsea away within the space of 8 days, then United and Dortmund back to back within a 4 day span...

I'm unsure of how we'll fare against the big teams and whether or not our squad will hold up?

We could really do with Walcott but he probably won't be match fit until mid October.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
jones said:
I never understood how one could have the cheek to anchor a TV show when one of his first outings in front of a camera was him literally ****ting himself.

:lol: well put

Revolution

SA Gunner said:
Had a look at our fixture list, now with the CL groups finalised.

How about these...

City (h) 13 Sept
Dortmund (a) 16 Sept
Sp**s (h) 27 Sept
Gala (h) 1 October
Chelsea (a) 5 October
Anderlecht (a) 22 October
Sunderland (a) 25 October
Anderlecht (h) 4 November
Swansea (a) 9 November
United (h) 22 November
Dortmund (h) 26 November
Gala (a) 9 December
Newcastle (h) 13 December

We are in for a tough couple of months. As well as we did last year, do I think that we are as good as fourth again this year.
Wenger must be clever with rotation. I just think fourth (minimum) is the best Arsenal will do this season, so every point from now until April should be counted towards preserving the hegemony. Anything else is a bonus.

Forget about discussing the league -- it's between Chelsea and City, two teams who have done their business early and got the personnel to cope with different competitions.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Revolution said:
Forget about discussing the league -- it's between Chelsea and City, two teams who have done their business early and got the personnel to cope with different competitions.

An injury to Costa and they're in the sh*t.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Suave Gooner89 said:
Revolution said:

They look very strong but then again so did we for a large part of the season. We'll see how they cope when teams are sitting deep and hitting them on the counterattack like last year. Everton are a very openside and it suited Chelsea down to the ground. They'll probably have trouble against the West Hams who will be more than happy to sit back and hit them on the counter and be delighted to get one point. The whole Chelsea attack are players who excel on the counter but find a packed defence troubling.

error_prone

We never looked good last season, it was all about good defending against weaker teams, not giving cheap goals. I think we scored about 60-70 goals which proves my point.

I think Chelsea could be very strong against defensive teams. Costa is good in the air, Drogba is there again and they like to have more poeple in the box than we do.
If anything goes wrong for them there is always Tery or Ivanovic to bail them out on corner.

MaestroCesc

Suave Gooner89 said:
Revolution said:

They didn't have Costa and Fabregas last year and they still put in a title challenge. Don't think its as simple as that, they managed to win plenty of games with Torres upfront. When Costa gets injured they have alot of players who can step up.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
They would have won the league despite those obvious shortcomings if they didn't get to the CL semis imo.

They are favourites for a reason. Of course it's not a foregone conclusion, but it's hard to look past them atm barring an injury crisis in crucial areas.

entropy13

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
They didn't have Costa and Fabregas last year and they still put in a title challenge. Don't think its as simple as that, they managed to win plenty of games with Torres upfront. When Costa gets injured they have alot of players who can step up.

Indeed, they were so far ahead of us last season that they finished a whopping, insurmountable 3 points ahead.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
error_prone said:
We never looked good last season, it was all about good defending against weaker teams, not giving cheap goals. I think we scored about 60-70 goals which proves my point.

I tgought we looked amazing until Özil, Walcott and Ramsey picked up injuries all at the same time. It took us a bit to recover but thankfully we have a better squad this year

jus2nang

Race for the 3rd I reckon. The money teams will duke it out for the title.

3rd will be important as the Europa League now offers a CL spot for the winner which will come from the league's allocation which means 4th may very well not be enough.

This next day and a half will tell us how comfortable or difficult this may be.

*tries to keep straight face* Serious question, is it time to start taking Tottenham seriously? As a CL challenger I mean.

DanielVale

Well...Sp**s' squad just isn't good enough for CL contenders or the top 4. They are a top half team pushing for 5/6/7 at best. They just don't have standout players anymore. They were awful against Liverpool...defensively all over the place throwing long balls to Adebayor...I don't see them as a threat apart from trying to get bragging rights in the NLD.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

This season is going to be a ****ing disaster. I just pray we can get 4th.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Truthfully, why does it really matter? We don't try and win the CL as we don't use the money we get from qualifying for it.

I'm sick of 4th being the aim every season.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

THunter said:
Truthfully, why does it really matter? We don't try and win the CL as we don't use the money we get from qualifying for it.

I'm sick of 4th being the aim every season.

Just keeping the ship steady until Wenger runs his contract out.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom