• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2014-15: race for ???????

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I never understood how one could have the cheek to anchor a TV show when one of his first outings in front of a camera was him literally ****ting himself.

DanielVale

Chelsea always seem to be favourites.

I'd say City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool/United...

We're definitely in with a shout to win it though.

Garth Crooks absolutely pissed me off though...saying on BBC's final score yesterday "I've seen the champions...Chelsea...I saw Costa and thought what a brilliant player...they will be champions", after he had watched a friendly. Total bollocks.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Monstar-Gunn4r said:
Saw the Chelsea BT ad again, are they trying to bait us?

Think you might be onto something there Sherlock.

As things stand now I'd have us down as fighting for 2nd, if we get in another big signing (Carvalho/clinical striker) I think we'll be challenging for the title.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If it's just Rabiot and Manolas coming in, I'd still think we could challenge for the title. Obviously I'd want Cavani, Reus and Carvalho to all come in but that's life.

I think there's a another few gears to find when Theo and the Germans return, if they stay fit when it matters I can seriously see us doing any of the other big 4 in.

General

Established Member
What's this obsession with challenging for the title? Our season will once again be defined by the usual factors - Injury management, performance against direct competitors and how well we hold out for the second half of the season. The biggest challenge is the first one and it's yet to be seen whether the club would take on a different approach to mitigate the mass injuries we seem to suffer every season.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Injury issues wont go away. We have a lot of injury prone players - that'll be with them for the rest of their career.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
We've started with the same problems not resolved imo so I think we'll pip United to 4th. Today will tell us a bit more though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its a race for fourth I feel.

The question I want to ask everyone is, what difference will a proper striker and defensive midfielder plus defender make? With our style of play, I say none.

We need Walcott back and fit for the entire season.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
Its a race for fourth I feel.

The question I want to ask everyone is, what difference will a proper striker and defensive midfielder plus defender make? With our style of play, I say none.
We need Walcott back and fit for the entire season.
Alot of difference actually, not to say our tactical set up isn't all wrong either, but the right player in the middle of the park to sit in front of our defense wouldn't put so much pressure on our defense to stop everything, the right presence in the middle breaks up evertons play, the right player up front finishes atleast one of those chances created early in the second half ...

MrBump

Based on how we're playing and the players we have ATM, we are really going to be up for it to get 4th.
That could all change tho by next week.

Looks like Giroud could be out for a while, all we have is Sonogoal or plugging a hole with Alexis or Campbell.

Disappointing after such a great start to the window.

entropy13

Established Member
Indeed it's a race for fourth, because obviously if there won't be any new strikers, Giroud will always be coming on as a sub, Koscielny and Mertesacker will never be starting at the same time, Özil will always be rusty, and Ramsey will underperform most of the time.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Chelsea and CIty are in a class of their own right now, so it'll most likely be between us, Liverpool, United, Everton, and Tottenham (but probably between the former 3) to fight out for the remaining two spots. This could all change if we bring in the players we require but I'm understandably skeptical on that front.

entropy13

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Indeed it's a race for fourth, because obviously if there won't be any new strikers, Giroud will always be coming on as a sub, Koscielny and Mertesacker will never be starting at the same time, Özil will always be rusty, and Ramsey will underperform most of the time.

Forgot to mention that Sanchez will be underwhelming for the whole season too.

Actually, Arsenal would be VERY LUCKY to even be in a "battle for 4th". Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, and Everton are all BETTER than Arsenal anyway (even if three of them haven't even played their second game yet). That much is obvious. Newcastle might be overtaking Arsenal now as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

entropy13 said:

We'll always lack match fitness/sharpness and Chelsea will always play Leicster and Burnley every week and just do enough to win. In fact how can fourth even be guaranteed? I mean it's obvious this is the year Sp**s finish above us, United's defence and midfield doesn't matter if they sign Di Maria.... it's looking impossible at the moment.

entropy13

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
entropy13 said:

We'll always lack match fitness/sharpness and Chelsea will always play Leicster and Burnley every week and just do enough to win. In fact how can fourth even be guaranteed? I mean it's obvious this is the year Sp**s finish above us, United's defence and midfield doesn't matter if they sign Di Maria.... it's looking impossible at the moment.

I would think even WEST HAM will finish higher than Arsenal. I mean, Arsenal AT HOME only scored twice, and one of those was very late. West Ham on the other hand scored three times against the same team in an away game!

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
entropy13 said:

Forgot to mention that Sanchez will be underwhelming for the whole season too.

Actually, Arsenal would be VERY LUCKY to even be in a "battle for 4th". Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, and Everton are all BETTER than Arsenal anyway (even if three of them haven't even played their second game yet). That much is obvious. Newcastle might be overtaking Arsenal now as well.

You also forgot to say that we're in talks/likely to sign Khedira/Carvalho at CM & Cavani as CF, as well as one of Manolas/Reid/Alderweird(sp) for CB,
and that when we do it will be the race for the PL/CL Double. :roll:

entropy13

Established Member
Bigbludfire said:
A lot of words are being used on this page but no one's actually saying anything :?

Fine.

WENGER OUT! SELL FLOPS Özil AND SANCHEZ! RAMSEY IS OVERRATED! GIROUD IS USELESS!

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom