• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Im actually more worried about our home game against City after our loss yesterday.

Dyche has shown that if you mark us tightly, and press us intensely in the right zones, you can get at us. Add to that Ake's performance against Saka a few weeks ago. In a 1v1 matchup he held his own, and that's big.

Must win at the Emirates, but it could be 50-50 matchup, or in City's favour now.
I actually more worried we overlook Brentford, i think the lads are going to get up for the match and get up in City’s face

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah my bad for the meltdown yesterday. This city team has lost all the minerals.

Cancelo, Fernandinho and Zinchenko were clearly big dressing room presences and they’ve all been phased out.

Foden doesn’t work with Haaland while KDB, Walker and Mahrez look like they’re on the decline.

May still win the league but this isn’t last year’s team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The one thing im sure about man city wont go into ridiculous run and i don't expect them finishing beyond 85 points even 80 they not really consistent dropped points in 7 games and there alot of tricky test coming.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Even if City go on one of those runs the best they could hope for is probably 90 points. That allows us another 3 defeats and 2 draws or 4 defeats and a draw (as an example). City will drop more than 6 points anyway so we can get away with more than that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Even if City go on one of those runs the best they could hope for is probably 90 points. That allows us another 3 defeats and 2 draws or 4 defeats and a draw (as an example). City will drop more than 6 points anyway so we can get away with more than that.
If there’s a sizeable gap come the end of March/April, they’ll probably focus on the CL.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah...I mean it goes without saying but those games against City are key.

If we maintain that 5 pt gap with a game in hand then it puts us in such a good position.

Nick a win and a draw and it's in "getting carried away with it" territory lol but with good reason.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah...I mean it goes without saying but those games against City are key.

If we maintain that 5 pt gap with a game in hand then it puts us in such a good position.

Nick a win and a draw and it's in "getting carried away with it" territory lol but with good reason.
That game in hand is like our joker card. Will be nice to keep going picking up points & keep it in our pocket keeping warm. We need to win it of course to make it count lol. We will have a score to settle against Everton & the boys should be revved up for it at home.

bergholt

What? What does that have to do with other teams tactics? Did you reply to the wrong person?
You asked why it would be more difficult in the second half of the season. Key injuries - if they occur - would be the reason.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Because injuries. In the first half of the season we didn’t have injuries. We know that because it’s in the past. In the second half of the season there’s no guarantee of the same good run with injuries because it’s in the future.
Tomi was injured, Gabriel was injured. Partey has been injured, emile smith row injured. Reis nelson injured, Jesus injured, Zinchenko have been injured How have we not hade injuries ?

Either way, Lady gooner was talking about the tactics that everton and Newcastle used. And my response was to that.

I don't get why you are bringing injuries up. We can just as easily have a better half of the season if City get key injuries so not point in talking about that.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Good result for us today. Hope the players take encouragement after the disappointing loss and are ready to put a run of wins together starting with Brentford.

Really not worried about City, we’ll beat them at our place. More worried about the potential banana skins similar to the Everton game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I actually more worried we overlook Brentford, i think the lads are going to get up for the match and get up in City’s face

Yes you are right.

We must not underestimate Brentford. They are a very good side who will take our recent performances on board and adapt their planning. Frank is a great coach.

Big game against them this weekend. Luckily Arteta and the boys aren’t as dismissive as I am

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Yes you are right.

We must not underestimate Brentford. They are a very good side who will take our recent performances on board and adapt their planning. Frank is a great coach.

Big game against them this weekend. Luckily Arteta and the boys aren’t as dismissive as I am
I hope you are right i think the adrenaline of City will drive us, but this is another banana skin, and getting full measure points from these matches is what is going to decide title. i just hope the boys know that being the leaders everyone is going to bring full intensity. You got have the mentality of a champion before you become one. And i have been sensing it in the squad. But you fighting for first not 4th, points are not enough wins are what you need and not to be rattled by physical plays, a permissive ref, or an opponent fighting harder than than they would against 19 other teams.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I rate the optimism brother and I hope we do it.
The disadvantage we have is we will get questioned every time we don’t win and city due to past teams will get benefit of doubt every time
Yes you are right.

brentford has lost as many games man city in the league. It’s really crazy

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not even bothered about City or their results to be honest, I’m still pissed off about the Everton game. We just need to concentrate on ourselves.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
City fans have their own thread about the title race. A little perspective from their side, who watch them every day.

Does it matter how many …. we’re not winning anything this season, predictable ‘walking’ football doesn’t win titles.
We ain’t winning it this season, ain’t getting rub of the green and ain’t playing good enough. Why buy Haaland and not pass to the ****er!
We don't have the balls
they beat Brentford easily (we lost to Brentford at home!), and then its Arse-City game. I dont think we win that the way we played at OT, Anfield and today in big games, we are just not good enough and we commint huge errors leading to goals.

this today was a big big chance for us to reduce the gap. 8 days to prepare, them missing Conte etc. we didnt even test Lloris. maybe its Pepe needs to smile more and look at our **** tactics more.
There were problems across this season some refused to see it simply
I believe there are people who still believe we will go in 10 game winning run. Not happening. Too flat too boring too Predictible
Change title to Top4 race. Title winning team we are not.
There isn't even a race, our biggest winning run this season is a whopping 3 matches. We had the chance to really pressurise Arsenal today but have ****ed it. I'm genuinely baffled how the **** we're even 2nd tbh
Got to beat Arse twice now, simple as that.
Does this look like a team that is going to win away from home against a top team? The gap is going to be 10+ points after the Emirates,
fter today's display, I reckon that's us done unfortunately.
thought a draw is ok at the Emirates, not sure know, I think we need to win there. even more so as if we dont than United fully can feel they are back in the race.

there is just one thing more of a shame for Pep if his own padavan beats him to a title with a lot lesser squad (Arsenal):

another one of his assistant from Ajax coming to the PL and winning it in his first 12 month with zero PL experience with a squad that has been struggling for the best part of last 10 years to be even in a title fight. thats so horrible to even imagine, and something even Pep couldnt do in his first season, that yes, a win is needed at the Emirates otherwise we will be on level points with them or behind them.
Every time we win the league we are brilliant. This season we aren’t and it’s obvious to anyone with eyes that we are not going to turn this form around quickly as it’s the way we play now. We have played like this every week for months. Couple of good spells in some games here and there but nothing to write home about.

We are too slow, too predictable and easy to defend against. Add to that a clear lack of leadership (what team changes their captain every other week), a lack of hunger in some players and an a clearly ageing team and we have problems.

Teams have sussed us.

Personally I think the FA cup is our best chance of silverware. I can’t see us winning the CL with this side, particularly the defence.
Think we’re mentally and physically ****ed, no surprise Liverpool and us have dropped off this season after going toe to toe with each other for the last five years
The signs have been there for a long time. But people who pointed it out were called defeatist. I wonder if even the most optimistic City fans have any genuine belief anymore? Someone should make a poll. :)
Arsenal have looked the part in all but a couple of games. We’ve looked the part in probably two or three. All our creativity we had last season has been narrowed down just to one player and that’s De Bruyne. He looks ****ed too.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

City fans have their own thread about the title race. A little perspective from their side, who watch them every day.

The only people who rate this City side highly are Neville for some reason (more wishful thinking to stop us) and a select few from A-M . That's it, even their own fans know they aren't up to it this season.

For them to win the title now they'd have to put us home and away and we'd probably need to lose 1 or 2 more on top of that and even then it'd still be fairly close possibly going into the last day.

I think it'd take a serious mental collapse on our behalf to lose the title from here, that's honestly how I feel. It could happen like who knows, we've shown our resilience this season but maybe there's something lingering from years previous, I don't believe so but that's the only thing that can stop us now.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom