• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Also you have to give Everton and Dyche some credit. They pressed us off the park and they overran us in midfield. We couldn't match the energy Gueye and Onana brought. You won't see that level of pressing and energy every week. Their defensive drilling was also top notch. After that win I'm absolutely sure they're going to survive and probably get nearer to mid-table
These results do happen, when top meet bottom. I remember when Liverpool were in their pomp absolutely flying, & lost to Watford, who were in the relegation zone if I recall correctly. A few seasons ago.

Uncle Good-Advice

Virtually every team we've played has tried a deep block either for the whole game or for big chunks of it, I'd argue we've had a harder time with high energy high press teams like Leeds and Liverpool.

Remember as well that Man United and Newcastle got extremely favourable decisions against us, if we'd beaten both based on identical performances with big decisions going our way no one would be talking about this 'low block' stuff at all. Additionally, if this really was the way to beat Arsenal, why has it taken teams 20 games to notice?
I don't think that they found a way to beat Arsenal yet. They found a way to neutralize Arsenal which comes at a cost of their own offensive potential. This tactical setup more often than not will result in low scoring games but not necessarily in our opponents' favour as it could go either way depending on who will score first. Teams will need something extra.

Let's see where we were struggling. Newcastle game was probably a blueprint for a negative tactics - reducing the number of chances for both teams and roughing the game but very little apart from that and if the ref was competent we would have won anyway. So what about others? Everton provided great set-pieces routine and this was the X-factor that gave them 3 points (without that we have 0-0), Leeds had been pressing very well and should have got a result but eventually came short because they're ****, United played counter-attack and we kinda fell into their laps.

All I'm saying is that there's no team on Earth that could be at the same time great at set-pieces, strong in pressing, quick in transition and also clinical in front of goal as the chances will be few and far between. We should expect that teams will try to emulate Everton and Newcastle tactical setup and therefore adjust our game accordingly to their strengths. So against Evertons and Newcastles away it's Trossard not Martinelli (more individual brilliance), Tierney not Zinchenko, Tomiyasu not White (more steel and defensive awareness even at a cost of offensive firepower) and obviously Jesus in place of Nketiah (to create chaos in opponents' lines). We're not good enough to play the same team week-in week-out and dominate all the time. Yet.

Squillaci

Also you have to give Everton and Dyche some credit. They pressed us off the park and they overran us in midfield. We couldn't match the energy Gueye and Onana brought. You won't see that level of pressing and energy every week. Their defensive drilling was also top notch. After that win I'm absolutely sure they're going to survive and probably get nearer to mid-table
Boys were flying after being under Lampard for too long. That's understandable. They were just more motivated than us, unfortunately.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

troopz-robbie.gif

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Should we beat City at the Emirates I feel they’re unlikely to go beyond 85-88. They’re away performances this year haven‘t been up to standard we really should be winning this one.
If we beat them, they may voluntarily opt for punishment this season rather than next season

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Should we beat City at the Emirates I feel they’re unlikely to go beyond 85-88. They’re away performances this year haven‘t been up to standard we really should be winning this one.
Even as things stand, their currently on track for 81 points this season based on their points/game. I don't see them having a massive turn around in their form, particularly after this FFP fiasco.

We definitely should be winning against them at least at home, and the same goes for the remaining 9 home games. That would take us to 80 points; we'd only need a handful of wins and draws from the remaining 8 away fixtures, which could give us some leeway to lose a couple of games (most likely Newcastle, City/Liverpool away). I'm thinking even as low as 85 points could possibly clinch the title this year. Anything over 90 all but guarantees it.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

United annoyingly play again this Wednesday (vs Leeds) at home and can potentially close the gap to 5 points (with us having played two fewer).

It gives the illusion that they are close to us, seriously need to win on Saturday at all costs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
United annoyingly play again this Wednesday (vs Leeds) at home and can potentially close the gap to 5 points (with us having played two fewer).

It gives the illusion that they are close to us, seriously need to win on Saturday at all costs.
Leeds to get a new (albeit temporary) manager bounce. No Casemiro or Eriksen. Plus its a Derby. United big favourites but won't be easy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
United will win on Wednesday, we will win on Saturday and then Leeds will get a result on Sunday against them... meaning we will be 7/8 points clear of them with 2 games in hand, plus a big goal difference advantage.

Good stuff!

Ljonin

Nah we can’t count on them dropping any points. They’re very well organized and efficient and Rashford is world class at the moment. Add to that maybe the best defensive unit in the league.

We just have to find out winning ways again. It will be close

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Man Utd aren't winning the league. I dont even worry about them. If we have a bad second half to the season and get say 36 points out of the remaining 54 then Utd would have to win 15 of their last 17 games. All this Utd title talk is pure nonsense.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah we can’t count on them dropping any points. They’re very well organized and efficient and Rashford is world class at the moment. Add to that maybe the best defensive unit in the league.

We just have to find out winning ways again. It will be close
Na they aren't the best defensive unit in the league. Newcastle along with us are the best.

United are solid but they will give up goals. The only problem is Leeds seem to be struggling on that front. Fingers crossed Leeds can do a Palace and steal a point at the end.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Man Utd aren't winning the league. I dont even worry about them. If we have a bad second half to the season and get say 36 points out of the remaining 54 then Utd would have to win 15 of their last 17 games. All this Utd title talk is pure nonsense.
Have to agree. Until they are within 4-5 points of us with all games played being equal I won't consider them. I wouldn't say it's impossible. But the bookies 25/1 is realistic.

If United beat us to the league from here I think you'd find me floating around the Thames face down. City I could handle. Even Newcastle. But United. No chance. Imagine having to listen to Neville saying I told yous all United would finish above Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom