• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The only people who rate this City side highly are Neville for some reason (more wishful thinking to stop us) and a select few from A-M . That's it, even their own fans know they aren't up to it this season.

For them to win the title now they'd have to put us home and away and we'd probably need to lose 1 or 2 more on top of that and even then it'd still be fairly close possibly going into the last day.

I think it'd take a serious mental collapse on our behalf to lose the title from here, that's honestly how I feel. It could happen like who knows, we've shown our resilience this season but maybe there's something lingering from years previous, I don't believe so but that's the only thing that can stop us now.

They haven't managed to string together 5 wins in the league this season so to think they'll suddenly win 10 or more in a row is wishful thinking. Not impossible but highly unlikely, especially at this stage of the season when the games start piling up more than ever.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The only people who rate this City side highly are Neville for some reason (more wishful thinking to stop us) and a select few from A-M . That's it, even their own fans know they aren't up to it this season.

For them to win the title now they'd have to put us home and away and we'd probably need to lose 1 or 2 more on top of that and even then it'd still be fairly close possibly going into the last day.

I think it'd take a serious mental collapse on our behalf to lose the title from here, that's honestly how I feel. It could happen like who knows, we've shown our resilience this season but maybe there's something lingering from years previous, I don't believe so but that's the only thing that can stop us now.

Exactly. You can only take it game by game, but they've not looked the real deal for a long time now. And then look at their fixtures: they get Villa at home Sunday, where we play Saturday. Then they travel again to North London for the game on Wednesday, that's another 4 and a half hours to get to a hotel, it's exhausting.

But after that they go to Nottingham Forest away on Saturday, get Leipzig squeezed in between, go away to Bournemouth in the league, have to visit Bristol City 3 days later in the FA Cup. Then they get a visit from Newcastle 4 days later in the league and an away game to Crystal Palace the week after.

It's going to be a very tough schedule for them I think. We have some very winnable games until Liverpool away on the 8th of April. No cups in between.

Defeat Brentford and then give them a big mental blow on Wednesday. Then everyone will believe.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They haven't managed to string together 5 wins in the league this season so to think they'll suddenly win 10 or more in a row is wishful thinking. Not impossible but highly unlikely, especially at this stage of the season when the games start piling up more than ever.

The reason they had such a commanding lead last season is because between the start of November and the middle of February they played 15 games winning 14 and drawing 1. They've shown nothing this season that they can put this kind of run together. Even after that last season the most wins they managed was 5 in a row as they let Liverpool back into the race. I don't think people fully appreciate those types of runs just aren't the norm. In the past you just knew City were capable of it but this season they've not shown that, you don't just click your fingers and go on an amazing run, momentum is a part of it. And I think yesterdays result does a lot of psychological damage.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
City fans have their own thread about the title race. A little perspective from their side, who watch them every day.
If Pep stops galaxy-braining his lineups in every game they can play better. Sooner or later he will stop experimenting and go back to his main players like KDB, Gundogan, Foden. If that raises City's level of performance within a game they can string a few wins together or else we are looking at a sub-90 point total for them. 17 games may seem like a lot but it's not a lot for them. It's important for us to find a way to beat the high-press and dominate games like we were doing before. Also feel we are getting to the point where we've maximized every output we possibly can from Eddie and hitting a wall so Jesus's return is becoming more and more critical.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Man City losing feels like it evened stuff out but I think that Everton loss could be fairly significant.

Being 8 points ahead with a game in hand, we'd almost have had one hand on the PL title. Avoiding defeat against Man City and we'd have had a clear run to the finishing line I think.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I think we've just missed a golden chance to put Man City to bed.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Man City losing feels like it evened stuff out but I think that Everton loss could be fairly significant.

Being 8 points ahead with a game in hand, we'd almost have had one hand on the PL title. Avoiding defeat against Man City and we'd have had a clear run to the finishing line I think.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I think we've just missed a golden chance to put Man City to bed.

Only the double against them would put them to bed and would have one hand on the title. 2 losses all season is far from disastrous and Arsenal could afford one or two more depending on who it's against.

If you were to ask me if I think City will go unbeaten for the rest of the season I would say absolutely not, so I am not sure why we'd expect Arsenal (or Utd.) to not drop anymore points.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Only the double against them would put them to bed and would have one hand on the title. 2 losses all season is far from disastrous and Arsenal could afford one or two more depending on who it's against.

If you were to ask me if I think City will go unbeaten for the rest of the season I would say absolutely not, so I am not sure why we'd expect Arsenal (or Utd.) to not drop anymore points.

Man City are obviously not as on fire as in previous seasons so that should help us.

It wasn't just the result against Everton that concerned me it was the performance. I think there will be a lot of teams taking note of how Everton set up against us and will try to do the same. I'm just not sure Arteta's got the answer for a low block at the moment.

Personally I'd still make Man City favourites for the title but maybe I'm underestimating us a little.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

It wasn't just the result against Everton that concerned me it was the performance. I think there will be a lot of teams taking note of how Everton set up against us and will try to do the same. I'm just not sure Arteta's got the answer for a low block at the moment.

Good point, our dropped points have all looked similar so you have to wonder if there is a blueprint now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Good point, our dropped points have all looked similar so you have to wonder if there is a blueprint now.
Not every has the personnel to do it tho. Bruno, Joelinton, the three big f*clerks at Everton are all high level players in their own right.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Agree & say we beat them at home that would effectively be 14 point gap.

Anyway, its if buts & maybes & the route to becoming champions is anything but linear.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We can put them to bed in 9 days time tho. I seriously fancy us in that game, I would take a draw but I think a win all but seals it even at this stage, City would shift focus.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Sometimes as well though it can be good in the long run to have one of these shock to the system defeats.

It was never going to be a walk in the park. It could help to refocus and stop ego's getting a bit too big.

The reaction against Brentford will be very interesting.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sometimes as well though it can be good in the long run to have one of these shock to the system defeats.

It was never going to be a walk in the park. It could help to refocus and stop ego's getting a bit too big.

The reaction against Brentford will be very interesting.

The part where we got lucky says a lot too.

You need those little things to happen.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Neville only keeps banging the city drum because of what he said a month or so ago. He's too stubborn to say maybe I called it wrong.

He still says United will finish above us. Hes a ****. Shouldn't have bias pundits on the TV.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
What’s concerning is the 2 times we’ve faced really deep blocks we’ve failed to score. We’re going to see that a lot in the 2nd half of the season as we’re due to face so many bottom of the half teams … I hope we find the key to unlock them moving forward.
We need Jesus back asap

Virtually every team we've played has tried a deep block either for the whole game or for big chunks of it, I'd argue we've had a harder time with high energy high press teams like Leeds and Liverpool.

Remember as well that Man United and Newcastle got extremely favourable decisions against us, if we'd beaten both based on identical performances with big decisions going our way no one would be talking about this 'low block' stuff at all. Additionally, if this really was the way to beat Arsenal, why has it taken teams 20 games to notice?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Virtually every team we've played has tried a deep block either for the whole game or for big chunks of it, I'd argue we've had a harder time with high energy high press teams like Leeds and Liverpool.

Remember as well that Man United and Newcastle got extremely favourable decisions against us, if we'd beaten both based on identical performances with big decisions going our way no one would be talking about this 'low block' stuff at all. Additionally, if this really was the way to beat Arsenal, why has it taken teams 20 games to notice?

Also you have to give Everton and Dyche some credit. They pressed us off the park and they overran us in midfield. We couldn't match the energy Gueye and Onana brought. You won't see that level of pressing and energy every week. Their defensive drilling was also top notch. After that win I'm absolutely sure they're going to survive and probably get nearer to mid-table

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom