• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Thread

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What a stupid statement.

He’s got a point on how uneducated most of these guys are.

They’re all pulled out of proper education before 16 and do a couple of hours of basic skills in the afternoon.

Gone are the days when you’d have guys like Socrates becoming doctors as a player.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I mean it’s not a fact though is it? Ronaldo for example raped someone but because he’s a celebrity he’s never going to stand trial.
Well, no, it is a fact. If famous people don't get tried because they're famous, that's another matter all together whether it's sexual assault, rape or other crimes and clearly needs to be dealt with. You can't have trials by social media though. If you think assuming guilt is a good idea, then frankly you're miles off. If we go down that route, it'll utter carnage.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He’s got a point on how uneducated most of these guys are.

They’re all pulled out of proper education before 16 and do a couple of hours of basic skills in the afternoon.

Gone are the days when you’d have guys like Socrates becoming doctors as a player.
these guys are also targeted at a level none of us would ever understand. everyday there are women plotting to get to their money. Every single day wherever they turn there is a golddigger plotting to scam them

Well, no, it is a fact. If famous people don't get tried because they're famous, that's another matter all together whether it's sexual assault, rape or other crimes and clearly needs to be dealt with. You can't have trials by social media though. If you think assuming guilt is a good idea, then frankly you're miles off. If we go down that route, it'll utter carnage.

Its only a fact in front of the state. Most rapes, sexual assaults, etc dont go for jury because its very hard to prove. Just because someone hasn't been proven to be guilty doesn't mean there was no crime.

Its very easy for me to believe and listen to the victims.

these guys are also targeted at a level none of us would ever understand. everyday there are women plotting to get to their money. Every single day wherever they turn there is a golddigger plotting to scam them

Yes in order to get the money women go through all the trouble, doctors, polices, paying lawyers, etc, waiting many years for only 2% chances of conviction. Mastermind plotting that!

What is the average settlement in UK for sexual charges again? between 5-10k... Meh...

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Its only a fact in front of the state. Most rapes, sexual assaults, etc dont go for jury because its very hard to prove. Just because someone hasn't been proven to be guilty doesn't mean there was no crime.

Hate to break it to you Hydro but some people lie and some men have had their lives ruined by vicious lies. Those people that do lie about rape are particularly dangerous not just for innocent men but for real victims of rape.

I don't really see convictions going up for rape because it's usually one person versus the other.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but solely going by legal definitions isn’t really how it works in real life when there’s a justice system that doesn’t pursue cases a lot of the time due to budgetary constraints.

1.6% of rape allegations end up in a charge here in the UK. Does that mean that 98.4% are false? No because the Home Office numbers place the false allegation rate most recently at 0.96% of all allegations.

That means of that remaining 97% if even half of that number have got away with it, then there’s a lot of rapists walking our streets who’ve not been punished.

Waiting for a court to convict someone is just lacking in context when guys like OJ, Bill Cosby and Ronaldo who've clearly done horrific crimes are still free men.

As an example, if one of your friends was arrested for noncing, went to trial but beat it on a technicality would you let him around your kids afterwards because he’s not guilty in the eyes of the law? Of course you wouldn’t.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Mental if the accusations are true.
If they are he deserves to be locked up and the key thrown away - how can you have all the talent in the world but are stupid enough to throw it away by behaving like this?

Hate to break it to you Hydro but some people lie and some men have had their lives ruined by vicious lies. Those people that do lie about rape are particularly dangerous not just for innocent men but for real victims of rape.

I don't really see convictions going up for rape because it's usually one person versus the other.

Yeah but is minority that lie.

As I have said, very few are going through all the trouble for some 2% chance of payment, and probably even less chance if the victim is actually lying.

Its very weird that when cases like this happen the first stance of males are always that victim is lying when logic should tell otherwise.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not me.....i had 7 accusations last 3 years. They are all lies. I was the victim everytime

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah but is minority that lie.

As I have said, very few are going through all the trouble for some 2% chance of payment, and probably even less chance if the victim is actually lying.

Its very weird that when cases like this happen the first stance of males are always that victim is lying when logic should tell otherwise.
Logic should say that either could be innocent, not to side with the victims immediately. Not sure where you get the idea that victims would not go this far to hurt someone. There are horrible people, both male and female who would go far, either to hurt someone or just for the money.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What a stupid statement.

What’s stupid about that statement?! If these footballers learn the basic skills which some of them lack then they wouldn’t need to rely solely on an agent for most of their needs and career advice.

Look what Arsène said about these so called agents:

Speaking in an interview with L’Équipe, FIFA Head of Football Development Arsène Wenger discussed changes that he would like to see to the football agency world.

“I have no problem with remunerating an agent who makes me a great deal: when Marc Roger and Jean-François Larios brought me Patrick Vieira to Arsenal (in 1996), when he was on the verge of sign at Ajax, I was happy to pay them. On the other hand, when I have to pay an agent because his player extends his contract, I am not convinced that he has done that much.”

Football has been on a downward spiral and has felt dead since agents started to have a bigger influence in player contracts and then decided they wanted a bigger slice of their deal. Players don’t have the acumen to negotiate contracts so they’ve taken the easy route to rely heavily on their agents for everything career related.

It’s not only football tho, it also applies to other sports too. Not sure if you’re aware of Dennis Schroder in the NBA and the reported $84m deal he rejected probably due to bad advice, only to settle for $5.9m a few months later.

:facepalm:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Innocent until proven guilty only goes so far though. Did OJ not kill anyone or did Jimmy Saville not touch those kids? As a fact we know Ronaldo is by definition a rapist but he’ll never be “guilty”.

As for Bissouma he could well be innocent but I know for a fact as a wider point there’s some really grim stuff that footballers get up to.

A lot of them don’t have proper adult relationships with women because they’re out of school at a young age, and spending all their days almost exclusively with other male teenagers coached by ex-footballer men.

Then if they go pro they’re told that “all women are gold diggers” from other pros which is true in a lot of cases but it’s not hard to imagine that mentally warps a lot of these guys minds and gives them messed up views on relationships with the other sex.

They start going round thinking every girl is for the streets and it carries over into their dating lives as well. I know a few lower level footballers and girls who’ve dated them and almost universally they’re all pretty possessive and immature.

Most of us here even if you’re single have probably been raised by women, went to school with other girls and female teachers, then worked with them in our adult life. They’ve not really had that in their development.
Spot on. Couple that with massive egos, fame and literally being worshipped and you have all the ingredients for a monster. When you think of it like that you’d expect them to get into a lot more trouble than they do…maybe they do and it’s all covered up 😶

Logic should say that either could be innocent, not to side with the victims immediately. Not sure where you get the idea that victims would not go this far to hurt someone. There are horrible people, both male and female who would go far, either to hurt someone or just for the money.

Nah logic from what I have learned from my female friends that have been raped or sexually assaulted in any way and its most of them and male friends that have lied and got me against my female friends where she actually showed me message from him admitting it and he got sentences later I chose to believe the victims. The statistics here in Iceland just speak their volume. Dont know how it is elsewhere.

But as I said. Im not calling for anyones head. And I forgive people. And I know about liar but it is very easy for me to believe its rare cases. Trying to make money out of 2% chances just seems very far fetched to me.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

This is clearly coming from someone who hasn't been falsely accussed of rape. We know it happens and their are different motivations. You've listed some of them.

I'll give you my story of a semi-accussation of rape. I was chatting to a girl from a dating site for a week, I pick her up and take her out for a meal. It's all going well and I take her back to my house. We make out a bit and she keeps talking about going upstairs to my bedroom and have sex on numerous occassions. This was her asking for it, not me. I'm more withdrawn than herself. But eventually we end up in the bedroom. I'm about to penetrate her start to do so. She says 'no' and I stop immedietly. We then get to her blowing me and I came on her face. She was really pissed off with me and upset. She has a cig and asks me to drive her home, which I do.

Later in the week she sends me a long email essentially accusing me of rape stating loads of things that didn't happen. She calls me a week or so later drunk at a club upset and I chat but decide I'm best not trying to maintain anything with her.

A year later she contacts me asking for sex. I told her I had a pregnant girlfriend. She said that's okay, just take me to a hotel room. I didn't. If I did if I she would of accussed me of rape to the police.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not me.....i had 7 accusations last 3 years. They are all lies. I was the victim everytime

200.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. Couple that with massive egos, fame and literally being worshipped and you have all the ingredients for a monster. When you think of it like that you’d expect them to get into a lot more trouble than they do…maybe they do and it’s all covered up 😶

I genuinely think there’s a lot more of this stuff coming. Sexual assaults and rapes are getting reported more and more because the current climate enables people to do that.

In the past I have a suspicion clubs and players leaned on potential accusers because it’s really hard going up against these institutions.

Stuff that’s happened in music and Hollywood is probably going to start happening with football as well.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom