• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Lukazan said:
As I've said before. I haven't played PES6 much after I discovered FIFA 07, but I only play that online.

PES need to pull their socks up though... licenses and such doesn't bother me but they've become very lazy with their gameplay. PES5 and PES6 are barely different.. it's just very slight tweaks, updated kits and transfers (although they're usually 3 decades behind...) and they call it a new game..

The gameplay in FIFA this year is actually quite good and plays like football.. plus it's online mode is good fun and not a complete lag-fest like PES. Only problem with FIFA is the edit mode... it's really poor. You're stuck with players looking absolutely nothing like their real life counter-parts.. for example Clichy is as black as Eboue! If they can sort their edit mode out and change one or two other things then I FIFA can tip the balance in their favour for those who like a realistic game of football.

It's funny, my mates have been asking me why the hell I've been playing FIFA and not PES, calling FIFA all style and no substance etc etc. That's true about previous installments of FIFA but not so much this one; they're basing their opinions from what they know about other FIFA games without even playing this one. I'm no mug, I've got no devine alliance with PES - I'll play whichever one is the better game for me.

Waste man. You could play Pro Evo all day with your mates and dont get bored. Its the peoples football game!

Fifa i dont know how to explain it its computerized. The players are all fat and you cant really take real control.

I was a Fifa player circa 1998 - 2003 RIP. When i first played Pro evo 3 i never turned back.

N!

i can't play this anymore, for no apparant reason my disk has become "unreadable" :( :(

i've not noticed any major scratches or whatever in the disk so maybe it could just do with a clean or something... i don't know...

really annoying though because i am coming up to the end of my 3rd season and only 1 transer period away from having the ultimate team :(

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Lukazan said:
As I've said before. I haven't played PES6 much after I discovered FIFA 07, but I only play that online.

PES need to pull their socks up though... licenses and such doesn't bother me but they've become very lazy with their gameplay. PES5 and PES6 are barely different.. it's just very slight tweaks, updated kits and transfers (although they're usually 3 decades behind...) and they call it a new game..

The gameplay in FIFA this year is actually quite good and plays like football.. plus it's online mode is good fun and not a complete lag-fest like PES. Only problem with FIFA is the edit mode... it's really poor. You're stuck with players looking absolutely nothing like their real life counter-parts.. for example Clichy is as black as Eboue! If they can sort their edit mode out and change one or two other things then I FIFA can tip the balance in their favour for those who like a realistic game of football.

It's funny, my mates have been asking me why the hell I've been playing FIFA and not PES, calling FIFA all style and no substance etc etc. That's true about previous installments of FIFA but not so much this one; they're basing their opinions from what they know about other FIFA games without even playing this one. I'm no mug, I've got no devine alliance with PES - I'll play whichever one is the better game for me.

couldnt agree more, i played pro evo 4 couple days back and it was a really good game....the pace of the ball and the variation of technical passes, i was france and faced england so these are top players im playing with
in pro 6 passes seem to build up in the midfield then the strikers become static then it slows down...also the variety of passes have become shocking...players more less wait for the ball to come to them(even when you use super cancel) and long passing through balls are no longer fashional
im still a pro man but pro 7 needs some serious improvement regarding the gameplay , because fifa 07 is a top game and the football is very real and isnt to far behind...the football manager mode is heavy

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
yeh ive put henry on barac.....i put ade and rvp upfront , deadly duo...just waiting to put anelka back and babel , both pending imo unless im wrong?!

thegame24

Established Member
they are all too average though

anelka, babel, RVP and ade

none of them have orange stats, let alone red

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
GoonerGurjit said:
It's going to painful taking Henry out of Arsenal on PES.

Not for me. I prefer the challenge. If i was you i'd go for Theo and Persie upfront.

I meant taking him out of the squad, and putting him in to another team's. I'm slowly getting use to Adebayor and van Persie up front.

dos1986

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
>YounGunner< said:
GoonerGurjit said:
It's going to painful taking Henry out of Arsenal on PES.

Not for me. I prefer the challenge. If i was you i'd go for Theo and Persie upfront.

I meant taking him out of the squad, and putting him in to another team's. I'm slowly getting use to Adebayor and van Persie up front.

I have moved Freddie into Henry's position when playing online...he's surprisingly very fast and a good finisher too...as much as I like Robin he is being pushed hard now by Ade,as his stats are a joke...

Lukazan

Established Member
I hope PES7 is a more free-flowing game.

I've been playing FIFA online alot and when I returned to PES the other night to have a co-op World Cup with a mate the game just felt really stiff and rigid. In FIFA you can gain control of the ball from an opponent's corner and have the ball up the pitch in seconds through a series of quick, slick passes.. in PES this seems like an impossibility. It doesn't help either that, as someone has already mentioned in this thread, players seem to wait for the ball to reach them rather than moving towards it even if you try and use super-cancel.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I hope PES7 is a more free-flowing game.

I've been playing FIFA online alot and when I returned to PES the other night to have a co-op World Cup with a mate the game just felt really stiff and rigid. In FIFA you can gain control of the ball from an opponent's corner and have the ball up the pitch in seconds through a series of quick, slick passes.. in PES this seems like an impossibility. It doesn't help either that, as someone has already mentioned in this thread, players seem to wait for the ball to reach them rather than moving towards it even if you try and use super-cancel.

Sorry to say. But thats because your a poor player.

Lukazan

Established Member
No, it's not. I'm a very decent player and none of my mates can beat me at the game with any sort of consistency. The reason I can't is because the game won't allow it, where the ball goes in terms of passing and shooting is decided by the computer. It's completely 'on rails' and it's annoying.

FIFA has it right.. if you point the analogue stick away from goal you'll shoot the ball horribly wide, if you point it towards the top corner and get the power right your player will slam one in to the top corner. PES is a gamble. You can go clean through with Henry, tap square and aim for the bottom right and Henry will fire it straight down the middle at the goalkeeper or miles wide, yet seconds later you'll arrive at the same scenario, do the EXACT same thing and the ball will nestle in to the bottom corner.

Now I understand in real life football sometimes players miss, but this is different. One of the best finishers in the game, if not the best, and he can't even put the ball where you tell him, let alone actually score? It's ridiculous. I think missing a one on one chance should be through a fault of your own, not because the computer decides it doesn't want you to score.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Lukazan said:
No, it's not. I'm a very decent player and none of my mates can beat me at the game with any sort of consistency. The reason I can't is because the game won't allow it, where the ball goes in terms of passing and shooting is decided by the computer. It's completely 'on rails' and it's annoying.

FIFA has it right.. if you point the analogue stick away from goal you'll shoot the ball horribly wide, if you point it towards the top corner and get the power right your player will slam one in to the top corner. PES is a gamble. You can go clean through with Henry, tap square and aim for the bottom right and Henry will fire it straight down the middle at the goalkeeper or miles wide, yet seconds later you'll arrive at the same scenario, do the EXACT same thing and the ball will nestle in to the bottom corner.

Now I understand in real life football sometimes players miss, but this is different. One of the best finishers in the game, if not the best, and he can't even put the ball where you tell him, let alone actually score? It's ridiculous. I think missing a one on one chance should be through a fault of your own, not because the computer decides it doesn't want you to score.

Thats because your mates are also crap :lol:

No seriously. The shots are much better in Pro and it really is about how good of a player you are. If i wanted to score a top corner goal i always seem to produce a finger tip save, score or goes over the bar.

Like you said its a gamble. Its not robotic like Fifa when you can aim anywhere and thats exactly where the ball will go. Is real football like that? In pro its real. If your a good player you will be good at shotting (like me) However it does not always go to plan for me and thats what i like. Its a challenge to score great goals in pro while in Fifa its simply easy and you just produce the same type of shot each time.

By the way i do not have the same problem as you when it comes to finishing. For me where i aim is where the ball is put. I also try different things like go past the keeper or go for a chip.
Also have you thought of the keepers position? Mabe he has came off his line and reduced the size of the goal. Could explain why it went through the middle. Those situation you can beat the goal keeper or move a little to the side creating space and then have a shot.

If i had 3 chances i would score 1 and on a good day 2. Its real football here mate,

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom