• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great EPL days.

That Chelsea team under Don Carlo was quality...do you remember at the FA Cup final that season, some Portsmouth player broke Ballack’s foot which forced him to miss the World Cup...then the Portsmouth player got death threats from like the whole of Germany :lol:

We were very fun to watch back then, shame Robin picked up his usual injury and missed the second half of the season...the 3-0 spanking of Sp**s, with two goals in a minute :drool:

Riou

...some great memories...was always so happy for Kanu, when he got the winner in 2008.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
That Chelsea team under Don Carlo was quality...do you remember at the FA Cup final that season, some Portsmouth player broke Ballack’s foot which forced him to miss the World Cup...then the Portsmouth player got death threats from like the whole of Germany :lol:

We were very fun to watch back then, shame Robin picked up his usual injury and missed the second half of the season...the 3-0 spanking of Sp**s, with two goals in a minute :drool:

Yeah,Chelsea was really amazing in offence,scored a lot of goals and won EPL at the end.United was kinda weaker,while they lost Ronaldo in that season and they had some poor results,still good team ofc.

We were in title race until April,but some injuries were just too much.And we lost all games against Chelsea and Utd,that cost us.

I forgot that game against Portsmouth,but remember that we were pissed that Ballack couldn't play at WC,while he retired after that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We were in title race until April,but some injuries were just too much.And we lost all games against Chelsea and Utd,that cost us.

Crazy, when you take into account the difference in quality between our respective squads. After RVP's injury, the burden fell on Cesc shoulder. I feel we were one or two players of Cesc or RVP's quality away from winning the league.

It didn't help that our squad were also spineless p@ssies

Last edited:

Riou

I wonder if our rivals ever viewed us as title contenders back then.

Obviously pretty much every year under Arsène at Highbury we were a genuine threat to the title, wonder how we were viewed at The Emirates...07/08 we had a legitimate chance, had some leaders/winners in that squad, after that I think we were always viewed as a talented side that would eventually crumble.

Take the squad from the video posted above...

Almunia
Sagna-Gallas-Vermealen-Clichy
Song-Diaby
Nasri-Fabregas-Arshavin
Van Persie
...very talented and exciting to watch, but I can't imagine United or Chelsea looking at this that season and being overly worried.

Think by summer 2015 we had built up some credibility with the cup wins, but squandered that with a very poor transfer window that preseason.

Think from 2006-2016, we were more or less a just a top four side in the league, nothing more.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I wonder if our rivals ever viewed us as title contenders back then.

Obviously pretty much every year under Arsène at Highbury we were a genuine threat to the title, wonder how we were viewed at The Emirates...07/08 we had a legitimate chance, had some leaders/winners in that squad, after that I think we were always viewed as a talented side that would eventually crumble.

Take the squad from the video posted above...

Almunia
Sagna-Gallas-Vermealen-Clichy
Song-Diaby
Nasri-Fabregas-Arshavin
Van Persie
...very talented and exciting to watch, but I can't imagine United or Chelsea looking at this that season and being overly worried.

Think by summer 2015 we had built up some credibility with the cup wins, but squandered that with a very poor transfer window that preseason.

Think from 2006-2016, we were more or less a just a top four side in the league, nothing more.

TBF, the team was good enough to challenge for the title but not win it and go into the latter part of the CL.

We just lacked that extra special stuff to take us over the line

GDeep™

League is very weak
TBF, the team was good enough to challenge for the title but not win it and go into the latter part of the CL.

We just lacked that extra special stuff to take us over the line
Nah, poor GK, poor defenders in Thomas and Cluchy, poor CM.

Can’t win anything with poor defenders and midfield.

Riou

I disagree. Infact the lack of leaders was ultimately one of our weakness.

It's not great compared to teams we had at Highbury, but for the Emirates it contained our best collection of winners/personalities imo, especially defensively.

Lehmann and Gilberto were still in the squad, they had been there and done it before, least they could offer some experience to the young players at the time...while our starting centre back pair were an Invincible in Toure and a back-to-back league winner with Chelski in Gallas...it was still an outside bet, but I feel we were a genuine dark horse that season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lack of leaders is a false type of take, a very basic and lazy shout too.

You can’t talk about leaders when your team lacks top footballers. When your team is lacking the basics, why talk about leaders being the problem?

If your team doesn’t have top defenders and midfielders, you are stuffed.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Crazy, when you take into account the difference in quality between our respective squads. After RVP's injury, the burden fell on Cesc shoulder. I feel we were one or two players of Cesc or RVP's quality away from winning the league.

It didn't help that our squad were also spineless p@ssies

We just feel apart over the time,but that squad was quite solid and with few good additions we could done even more.Defence was probably our weak spot,but even there players were quality with Gallas,Vermalen,Sagna etc.

Think that also our mentality wasn't great and tactics in some matches cost us a lot.Utd and Chelsea just had better managers and better squads.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Lack of leaders is a false type of take, a very basic and lazy shout too.

You can’t talk about leaders when your team lacks top footballers. When your team is lacking the basics, why talk about leaders being the problem?

If your team doesn’t have top defenders and midfielders, you are stuffed.

Yeah didn't help that our top players were injury prone too and the replacements were a massive step down in level..

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Nah, poor GK, poor defenders in Thomas and Cluchy, poor CM.

Can’t win anything with poor defenders and midfield.
We came close. But injury killed us. Sometimes were just unlucky. In 07/08 if we had a fit striker, we'd have won it IMO

GDeep™

League is very weak
The season where Eduardo got injured, we were a very good team and honestly in my gut it felt like the league was ours, never before or since I have felt that other than the peak Henry and Vieira days.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The season where Eduardo got injured, we were a very good team and honestly in my gut it felt like the league was ours, never before or since I have felt that other than the peak Henry and Vieira days.
The 12/13 season is still one of the annoying season.

We gifted the title to the Worst fergie's team in over 20 years. That UTD squad was full of bums. If had RVP or even Auba we'd have probably won it or at the least run them close.

The league was ours in the 2015/2016 season, but we failed to sign a single outfield player and allowed Leicester to runaway with it. :mad:

GDeep™

League is very weak
The 12/13 season is still one of the annoying season.

We gifted the title to the Worst fergie's team in over 20 years. That UTD squad was full of bums. If had RVP or even Auba we'd have probably won it or at the least run them close.

The league was ours in the 2015/2016 season, but we failed to sign a single outfield player and allowed Leicester to runaway with it. :mad:
I’ll be buying the Wenger book to read about 2015/16 ffs.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom