• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Think Reiss can at the very least regain a worth of 20-25m, he might not have the mind to become topclass, but there's simply enough to work with to achieve that base level.

The core issue is that he doesnt play week in, week out. Get him to a club where he does so and he'll be fine enough for this.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A new contract and loan is best for Arsenal but is it best for Nelson? I guess it will depend on the contract and the clubs who are interested in him now. I'd be happy to sell him anyway as I dont think he'll make it here. I was a fan when he was younger but unlike Saka & ESR he doesn't seem to have developed any further. Tbh he should have taken the loan option last summer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would sell him tbh. Is he ever going get in the team over Pepe/Saka/Martinelli? Highly doubt it. We'll probably sign more wingers in the coming years as well.

Impact

Established Member
This is exactly what I wanted. An extension and a loan.

If Reiss plays to his potential, we get a player that can re-join the squad or be sold for a worthwhile sum (similar position to Willock this summer) and if not, the contract extension means the downside effect to his value is somewhat capped.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don't understand this obsession with loaning him to Germany or foreign clubs.

Loan him to a PL team or if you don't think he will get enough game time the championship.

Chelsea loaned the likes of Abraham, Mount, Tomori to championship clubs. In the country and leagues they are going to play in.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
odd one... the loan links over the past 24 months seem to suggest he is very open to play abroad

if his contract is really up in 11 months might as well run it down & sign a pre contract

mad to renew after how last season panned out

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His deal runs out in 2 years not 1 year. Its till 2023.

Anyway, logically he should leave permanently but I still want him to sign a deal and go on loan. There is still a top player in there IMO and once he realises his potential he will prove it IMO - and I'd like him to still be at Arsenal if/when that happens. Get a decent loan and come back ready to compete/start. Predict a big year for Reiss next year.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
shouldnt extend his deal, specially if Arteta is here. After last season its clear he doesnt have a future under Arteta.

Tomb Bombadil

A new contract and loan is best for Arsenal but is it best for Nelson? I guess it will depend on the contract and the clubs who are interested in him now. I'd be happy to sell him anyway as I dont think he'll make it here. I was a fan when he was younger but unlike Saka & ESR he doesn't seem to have developed any further. Tbh he should have taken the loan option last summer.
Best for Nelson would be If we sell him to a midtable bundesliga club where they really want him. This guy needs trust and games. Maybe go to Brighton. I think championship could be too physical.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm enamored with the idea of sending all our youth to a premier league team so that they can take points off our rivals and be left incomplete when they play us. Sending Newcastle/Crystal Palace/Brighton Nelson, Nketiah, Willock, Saliba will ensure their survival, and help us achieve a higher points total than if they were riding the bench at Arsenal.

Kav

Established Member
If Reiss doesn’t sign one has to begin to question the management and how they are handling our crop of young players. We actually have a good amount of hale end and other young players who seem to be going nowhere under this management over the last 2 years.

Nelson, Willock, Guendouzi, Saliba, Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Balogun and to a lesser extent Nketiah. That is a very decent core of young players for one team to have at the same time.

We should be making better decisions about these players and Arsenal future. I don’t think Edu and Arteta know what they are doing as it pertains to developing talent that is here.

We are losing talent and by extension also possible income from the devaluation of these players due to management decisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom